Sign in to follow this  
bfros

hockenson or waller ROS?

Waller is a better player with more experience. I trust Carr more than Stafford, and i trust the Raiders more than Matt Patricia. It's going to be the Williams and Waller show in Oak this year. Go get Waller and Tyrell before their value sky rockets 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Waller is a better player with more experience. I trust Carr more than Stafford, and i trust the Raiders more than Matt Patricia. It's going to be the Williams and Waller show in Oak this year. Go get Waller and Tyrell before their value sky rockets 

I yield to no one in my distaste for Patricia, but what has Gruden done in the past year and a half to earn your trust?

But I agree with the first sentence. To me, this comes down to the fact that Hock is still a rookie, and historically, rookie TEs don't do a lot. I wouldn't be prepared to throw that rule of thumb out on the basis of one good game against a decimated secondary.

Hockenson may be a rookie, yes, but Waller has been out of the league with drug issues and just now back. So I see both as newbs in a way. And both seem like relative focal points on their offenses (maybe Waller a bit higher) with average QBs, game script dependent, blah blah. 

1 minute ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Hockenson was drafted 8 for a reason, go get him. 

would you drop Hunter Henry for either guy? Henry is my current TE and I'd need to drop him. 

I would say Waller. But I think Hockenson is the better player... just too much competition in Detroit.

Also can I throw Andrews into this mix of late round TEs

It's true that Hockenson has to get in line for targets. Golladay and Jones are there, also Stafford may not throw 45 times each week. Waller saw the most targets and Carr only threw 26 times. 

I've got Waller and Hock on one of my teams each. It wouldn't surprise me if they outperform Henry for the season but I would find it difficult to give up on Henry so soon. Henry may get a boost with Mike Williams suffering some injury, if he misses time. 

5 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

It's true that Hockenson has to get in line for targets. Golladay and Jones are there, also Stafford may not throw 45 times each week. Waller saw the most targets and Carr only threw 26 times. 

I've got Waller and Hock on one of my teams each. It wouldn't surprise me if they outperform Henry for the season but I would find it difficult to give up on Henry so soon. Henry may get a boost with Mike Williams suffering some injury, if he misses time. 

regarding giving up on Henry-- Henry was nonexistent in the first half, which worries me (not in the game plan). I know Williams limped off, but he'll be back and i'm thinking rest of season. Henry should be behind Allen, Williams, and Ekeler for targets. I'm a full point ppr league, which makes me tempted to go in on Hock or Waller. Not sure if I'm overthinking it. 

I would get the Hockensen. 

46 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I yield to no one in my distaste for Patricia, but what has Gruden done in the past year and a half to earn your trust?

But I agree with the first sentence. To me, this comes down to the fact that Hock is still a rookie, and historically, rookie TEs don't do a lot. I wouldn't be prepared to throw that rule of thumb out on the basis of one good game against a decimated secondary.

I trust that Gruden loves Waller and has been crowing about him all off season, even going back to last year. They produced a high end tight end last year. The Lions never seem to get consistent usage out of skill players