Sign in to follow this  
IndyFan

Most Value RB Waiver Wire

Is this a ppr league or a non ppr league? 

1 hour ago, IndyFan said:

Who do you think has the most value Chris Thompson, Adrian Peterson or Ronald Jones.

Depends on your scoring system.  In PPR, I'd want Thompson over Peterson because the offensive line in WA is horrendous.  Depending on who you have at RB, I'd want Jones over both, but only if you have others to start.  His ceiling is really high.  The floor is pretty low.  If you have at least two halfway decent RB's, I'd take the gamble and go with Jones.  I posted about him in another thread today, but he's a good running back.  Injuries and coaching issues last year.  Arians could turn him into the next Johnson.  He could also end up on the bench, but considering his competition, he is without question the most talented. 

Thompson in either PPR or standard.  Peterson will have the most value for the next 3-4 weeks, but then Guice will be back in the lead role.  Thompson's role will largely remain the same regardless of who's starting.  Jones is a backup RB and not really worth starting in any but the largest of leagues.

Just now, unclemercy said:

you think guice has value worth holding?

Unless you can get another starting NFL RB to drop him for, yes.

No.  

Hes on a bad team, he’s hurt, I don’t think holding him is a smart move. 

I would move on, and let him roast on someone else’s roster. 

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hes on a bad team, he’s hurt, I don’t think holding him is a smart move. 

A bad team?  The Redskins were playing a pretty GOOD team, and they still scored in the top half of the league in terms of total points--and that was even with Peterson AND Guice (AND their best TE) out for most of the game.

It was also his first game as a pro.  You'll be kicking yourself by year's end if you drop him.

Now if this meniscus injury turns out to be worse than originally reported, and he's going to miss 8 or more weeks, then yeah, you could probably drop him (even if you pick him up again a week or two before he returns).

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

A bad team?  The Redskins were playing a pretty GOOD team, and they still scored in the top half of the league in terms of total points--and that was even with Peterson AND Guice (AND their best TE) out for most of the game.

It was also his first game as a pro.  You'll be kicking yourself by year's end if you drop him.

Now if this meniscus injury turns out to be worse than originally reported, and he's going to miss 8 or more weeks, then yeah, you could probably drop him (even if you pick him up again a week or two before he returns).

1. One game doesn’t make one a good team. 

2. The Redskins will finshed fourth in their division, and that’s only because there’s only four teams per divisions. 

3. I’ll still to what I said, he’s not worthy of a roster spot, I would let someone else own him. 

4. Since you self proclaimed to be the greatest fantasy football player ever, what nfl team did you play on?  

5.  Thank you.  

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

2. The Redskins will finshed fourth in their division, and that’s only because there’s only four teams per divisions. 

3. I’ll still to what I said, he’s not worthy of a roster spot, I would let someone else own him. 

4. Since you self proclaimed to be the greatest fantasy football player ever, what nfl team did you play on?  

5.  Thank you.  

1.  One game is all we have to go on in making the current decision to drop or hold Guice, and that one game showed a better offense than anyone expected from the Redskins--even with several of their key pieces out.

2.  Speculation, opinion, and not a relevant factor in this decision (the Giants finished fourth in the NFC East last year, and they had the best RB in the league).

3.  I suggest that one should be that "someone else" who owns him.

4.  Non-sequitur.

5.  You're welcome.

Oh nooo, no answer huh, lol at the greatest fantasy football player ever.  

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. 

Once again, what does last season have to do with this season.

36 minutes ago, weepaws said:

5.  Thank you.  

I think you may be forgetting the Giants are also in that division so they could tie for 3rd

I'll throw out one i like better.  Raheem Mostart.  He's been the best runner of any of the SF backs.  Brieda is also a high injury risk so theres a good chance he gets a few games as the only RB getting significant touches until Coleman gets back from his high ankle sprain which is a 4-5 week recovery.

Is J Wilson still with the Niners ? 

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Is J Wilson still with the Niners ? 

Practice squad but could be called up.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.