Sign in to follow this  
FantasyRetard

UPDATE: Pats to hold AB out Sunday in Miami? - AB Will Play

I'm thinking they won't need him.  lol   They should make it a fair game and have White at QB, Brady playing on the defensive line and sit Gilmore for Belicheck.  Even then the Patriots may be favored. 

Thank you for the update though.  I was hoping they would keep him out since I don't own him.  I know he will do well in New England and I don't want to have to face him. 

They could hold out AB, Gordon, Edelman, and Sony and still win by 30

• Like 1

This is what BB said today...

You know, I don't know," he said. "We just acquired him yesterday. We haven't practiced so I can't answer that question now. We'll take it day-by-day and see how it goes."

He’s playing. 

He's playing. 

Hey AB.  You know how to run a slant and a post route. 

Yeah Tom. 

Ok, we're ready Bill. 

4 hours ago, kutulu said:

This is what BB said today...

You know, I don't know," he said. "We just acquired him yesterday. We haven't practiced so I can't answer that question now. We'll take it day-by-day and see how it goes."

In other words a standard belichick non-answer that means nothing.

Isn't a game against the dolphins just like another practice to learn the plays? He can use it to prepare for the next real game against the Jets in 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

I would imagine this is because of the recent allegations, not health or not knowing the offense

11 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

Belicheck said that he may not play this Sunday.

Your thread title - "Pats to hold out AB Sunday" is misleading. It gives the impression of a fact when, it's not a fact. Be mindful of your thread title when posting news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Your thread title - "Pats to hold out AB Sunday" is misleading. It gives the impression of a fact when, it's not a fact. Be mindful of your thread title when posting news.

I had a question mark at the end of the title, so I don't know how anyone get the impression of a FACT.  You message is misleading because you left off the question mark.  Be mindful of your criticism of people's post to use all of the words and symbols so not to give the false impression that you are misleading people.

ACTUAL TITLE "Pats to hold out AB Sunday?"

1 hour ago, kutulu said:

Pretty sure Mike put that question mark in

Pretty sure he didn't.  Note that I used the word "may" in the message.  If I left it off, then that's my mistake, but it was never meant to be presented as a fact.

10 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

Pretty sure he didn't.  Note that I used the word "may" in the message.  If I left it off, then that's my mistake, but it was never meant to be presented as a fact.

I had the same reaction as Mike that's why I'm almost positive it wasn't original phrased as a question. No big deal though, sounds like an honest oversight and the whole situation has gone sideways since so it seems highly likely he doesn't play anyways after all. :cheers:

• Like 1

the whole situation READS like a shakedown to me.  however - it's everyone's least favorite Ahole and he certainly, at the very least, sent some DUMB, DUMB text messages.

so, how does this end up?  if you're the patriots, is he worth standing by during this process? 

34 minutes ago, cavern said:

the whole situation READS like a shakedown to me.  however - it's everyone's least favorite Ahole and he certainly, at the very least, sent some DUMB, DUMB text messages.

so, how does this end up?  if you're the patriots, is he worth standing by during this process? 

I think he is. They owe him 9 mil guaranteed, so it's not a drop in the bucket. My first reaction is to believe she is trying to extort him. If that's the case, I hope she is thrown in prison for a long time. 

34 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I think he is. They owe him 9 mil guaranteed, so it's not a drop in the bucket. My first reaction is to believe she is trying to extort him. If that's the case, I hope she is thrown in prison for a long time. 

i would think that they could POSSIBLY get out of some or all of that guaranteed money for not disclosing this issue at the time of signing.

i don't think money owed will be the issue necessarily.  it is - do they start to rethink how much of a distraction he is going to be and also are they willing to play the villain here?

4 minutes ago, cavern said:

i would think that they could POSSIBLY get out of some or all of that guaranteed money for not disclosing this issue at the time of signing.

i don't think money owed will be the issue necessarily.  it is - do they start to rethink how much of a distraction he is going to be and also are they willing to play the villain here?

I agree.

I mean this lawsuit was filed yesterday, right? Awfully suspicious timing.

My concern is the texts and his two-bit lawyer. Not necessarily that the texts are incriminating but holy sh1t is he an idiot. Partly for sending them and also because he’s apparently illiterate.

That said, I think they tepidly stand by him. “Let the legal process play out” yada yada

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I agree.

My concern is the texts and his two-bit lawyer. Not necessarily that the texts are incriminating but holy sh1t is he an idiot. Partly for sending them and also because he’s apparently illiterate.

That said, I think they tepidly stand by him. “Let the legal process play out” yada yada

especially if the commish does them the favor of exempting him. 

yeah - this is certainly more proof for the "he's just an effing idiot" theory (as opposed to a brilliant actor that choreographed his release from oakland)

2 hours ago, cavern said:

If they didn't balk at paying him originally, and it took them all of like 2 hours to sign him after he was cut, I don't think this changed anything

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

If they didn't balk at paying him originally, and it took them all of like 2 hours to sign him after he was cut, I don't think this changed anything

Right!  Would love to see the patriots get screwed out of their money!

12 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

not to belabor the point, but, if this was about to break, he knew, and he didn't let them know then it probably is not too hard to make the argument that the deal was made on false pretenses.

but i'm a steelers fan.  i'd be just fine with AB not playing, but the Pats having to pay him anyway.  that would be just fine by me

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

My first reaction is to believe she is trying to extort him. If that's the case, I hope she is thrown in prison for a long time. 

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I agree.

She's only seeking $75k.  If it's a cash grab, she's not grabbing for much.  AB gets fined more than $75k a week for one thing or another.

The timing is suspicious, but on the flip side, AB has been in the sports news a LOT over the past 6 weeks.  Being in the sports industry herself, she has probably had to face her feelings about AB on a daily basis lately, and that has probably made it harder for her to just sweep the whole thing under the rug in her mind like she has been trying to do for the past year.  Plus it's a good time for her to accuse someone of wrongdoing when they are already being painted as an unstable lunatic in the media.  So while it's suspicious, it's also understandable from another perspective.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

She's only seeking $75k.  If it's a cash grab, she's not grabbing for much.  AB gets fined more than $75k a week for one thing or another.

The timing is suspicious, but on the flip side, AB has been in the sports news a LOT over the past 6 weeks.  Being in the sports industry herself, she has probably had to face her feelings about AB on a daily basis lately, and that has probably made it harder for her to just sweep the whole thing under the rug in her mind like she has been trying to do for the past year.  Plus it's a good time for her to accuse someone of wrongdoing when they are already being painted as an unstable lunatic in the media.  So while it's suspicious, it's also understandable from another perspective.

Where do you get the $75k number?

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Where do you get the $75k number?

Heard it in a chat room discussion at RT Sports, I think; credited to a WWL radio blurb (Edit:  Went back and looked and they axually said CBS radio blurb).  Admittedly, I have not confirmed that information.  

Just now, AxeElf said:

Heard it in a chat room discussion at RT Sports, I think; credited to a WWL radio blurb.  Admittedly, I have not confirmed that information.  

Well I highly doubt it’s in any way accurate. Certainly not at this point. From what I saw of the complaint they’re threatening mucho damages, including punitive damages.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Well I highly doubt it’s in any way accurate. Certainly not at this point. From what I saw of the complaint they’re threatening mucho damages, including punitive damages.

As I'm doing a little digging on it now, it looks like the $75k amount was mentioned only because that is the minimum damages that can be sought for a federal civil case filed in Florida, something like that.  So she's seeking AT LEAST $75k, with the true amount currently undisclosed.

My bad.

Yeah if it was 75k and ABs lawyer didn't advise paying it to make it go away then he should be sued for malpractice.

7 hours ago, kutulu said:

I had the same reaction as Mike that's why I'm almost positive it wasn't original phrased as a question. No big deal though, sounds like an honest oversight and the whole situation has gone sideways since so it seems highly likely he doesn't play anyways after all. :cheers:

If it wasn't, I meant to.  Yet, there's always rush to be the first to post something breaking...

This situation aside I was never convinced ab would debut on Sunday. They don’t need him to win and he could use an extra week to get acclimated to the system 

15 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

I had a question mark at the end of the title, so I don't know how anyone get the impression of a FACT.  You message is misleading because you left off the question mark.  Be mindful of your criticism of people's post to use all of the words and symbols so not to give the false impression that you are misleading people.

ACTUAL TITLE "Pats to hold out AB Sunday?"

No, you didn't. That's why I made my "criticism". I put the questions mark in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kutulu said:

Yeah if it was 75k and ABs lawyer didn't advise paying it to make it go away then he should be punched in front of his wife and kids

Fixed

The owner of the team pays for sexual encounters on the regular.  I don't think he's going to worry too much about some chick that isn't even gaining traction with the public in the don't victim-blame/me-too era.

I think the alleged sexual assault is a non-issue for the Pats.

44 minutes ago, nobody said:

The owner of the team pays for sexual encounters on the regular.  I don't think he's going to worry too much about some chick that isn't even gaining traction with the public in the don't victim-blame/me-too era.

I think the alleged sexual assault is a non-issue for the Pats.

The mere fact that the NFL didn't put him on the Commissioner's Exempt List speaks volumes for what they think of this so far.  Even after they interview her, they'll likely have their doubts about her story.  A sexual assault survivor runs to the police when they want the perpetrator held accountable for what they did.  They don't run to a civil attorney to find out how much they can get from a lawsuit.