Sign in to follow this  
kcBlitzkrieg

FAB $ week 1 waiver pick ups

Just curious, what are some of the philosophies on FAB money spending after week 1 ?  Personally I have no issue spending 20 - 30% on one guy if its a guy I trust is gonna be a big part of my team...or two, leaving roughly 50% of total budget for the remaining weeks.  

Example:  6pt TD keeper league and DAK is on ww.  My QBs are Jameis and Cam.  I liked enough what I saw out of Kellen Moore's offense that I'm targeting DAK with 35% of total funds.  McLaurin I don't necessarily need WR help but for better depth I'm targeting him at 15%.  

other philosophies??? 

Other than injury replacements during the season (who aren't necessarily guaranteed to produce like the starters they're replacing anyway), the first couple of weeks of the season are the best time to spend FAAB money--more impact players will emerge then than at any other time of the season.

That said, I don't think I'd spend more than a third of my money on a QB, when you can probably pick one up as a free agent that will do just as well as Dak in most weeks.

McLaurin might be a guy I would shoot a wad on, though--but again, don't go crazy if you're only acquiring him for depth.

Wouldn’t mind getting Dak, he won’t play the worst defense in the league every week though. And I would be ok with Cam.

If you had Winston alone perhaps go for it. He was on my DND list

On 9/10/2019 at 2:53 PM, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Just curious, what are some of the philosophies on FAB money spending after week 1 ?  Personally I have no issue spending 20 - 30% on one guy if its a guy I trust is gonna be a big part of my team...or two, leaving roughly 50% of total budget for the remaining weeks.  

Example:  6pt TD keeper league and DAK is on ww.  My QBs are Jameis and Cam.  I liked enough what I saw out of Kellen Moore's offense that I'm targeting DAK with 35% of total funds.  McLaurin I don't necessarily need WR help but for better depth I'm targeting him at 15%.  

other philosophies??? 

I’m at 19-22% on mclaurin.

But I agree the time to pay up on FAAB is early. You might be mathematically eliminated by week 7-8 so what’s the point of waiting?

Blow your wad early. By week 6 or 7 there’s pretty much nothing left anyways. Unless you have really short benches.