Jump to content
kutulu

Survivor: 'Island of the Idols'

Recommended Posts

The last few seasons have been island of the idols.

Do you happen to know what night it's on?

0 hotties this year. :thumbsdown:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still is surprising that people still watch this...  I figured that they would have run out of ideas for games and twists...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, edjr said:

The last few seasons have been island of the idols.

Do you happen to know what night it's on?

0 hotties this year. :thumbsdown:

Agreed on the lack of talent this year. To make up for it here's something newe from The Hoss

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 40 is called "Winners at War"  That will be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, posty said:

Still is surprising that people still watch this...  I figured that they would have run out of ideas for games and twists...

Last season was the 1st ever in 38 seasons they had avg. viewers less than 10 million.

2018-2019 Broadcast Season Rankings 18-49 Demo 18th

 

1    SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL    NBC    6.1
2    FOX+NFLN THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL    Fox    4.4
3    SUNDAY NIGHT PRE-KICK    NBC    4.0
4    THIS IS US    NBC    3.8
4    MASKED SINGER, THE    Fox    3.8
6    BIG BANG THEORY. THE    CBS    3.6
7    OT, THE    Fox    3.4
8    FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA 3    NBC    2.8
8    MANIFEST    NBC    2.8
8    GREY'S ANATOMY    ABC    2.8
11    YOUNG SHELDON    CBS    2.6
12    BACHELOR, THE    ABC    2.4
12    GOOD DOCTOR, THE    ABC    2.4
12    9-1-1    Fox    2.4
15    BIG BROTHER-WED    CBS    2.3
16    AGT: CHAMPIONS    NBC    2.2
16    CONNERS, THE    ABC    2.2
18    NEW AMSTERDAM    NBC    2.1
18    SURVIVOR    CBS    2.1
20    CHICAGO FIRE    NBC    2.0
20    CHICAGO PD    NBC    2.0
20    VOICE, THE    NBC    2.0
20    MILLION LITTLE THINGS, A    ABC    2.0
20    EMPIRE    Fox    2.0
25    CHICAGO MED    NBC    1.9

 

Pretty freaking good for  38 seasons and going on 20 years

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Last season was the 1st ever in 38 seasons they had avg. viewers less than 10 million.

Pretty freaking good for  38 seasons and going on 20 years

 

Wow, totally had no idea it was still bringing in viewers...

But have they run out of ideas on games and twists or are they still coming up with new ideas to avoid repeating?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Sandra is the most overrated player ever.  :thumbsdown:

Don't think she could win in today's game.   The "fly under the radar and don't piss anyone off" strategy doesn't work any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, posty said:

Wow, totally had no idea it was still bringing in viewers...

But have they run out of ideas on games and twists or are they still coming up with new ideas to avoid repeating?

Lots of repeats for sure, but even someone that has watched every episode, I'd not remember unless they bring up they did it before. They've repeated things only once though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Lots of repeats for sure, but even someone that has watched every episode, I'd not remember unless they bring up they did it before. They've repeated things only once though

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, edjr said:

0 hotties this year. :thumbsdown:

🤬 😥

we should boycott!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to love the show before there were idols everywhere and second chances to come back after being voted off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as shows go, it's a great one.........even with the shortage of hotties lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, edjr said:

The last few seasons have been island of the idols.

Do you happen to know what night it's on?

0 hotties this year. :thumbsdown:

Elizabeth Beisel &  Kellee Kim are cute.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 3:03 PM, edjr said:

 

Do you happen to know what night it's on?

 

Tonight's the night, motherfocker!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

right after the BIG Brother finale

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 12:03 PM, edjr said:

0 hotties this year. :thumbsdown:

There was one homely chick named Jack that went around with her top off 😫:dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So um Yeah, ROb and Sandra are just huge flops, what a bigly dumb idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, edjr said:

So um Yeah, ROb and Sandra are just huge flops, what a bigly dumb idea. 

What are you talking about?  I found out last night that Rob has made HUNDREDS of fires!!!!  He's a regular pyromaniac.  He's the GREATEST pyromaniac ever.  He's a BIGLY pyromaniac!!!  You would have had me miss that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strike said:

What are you talking about?  I found out last night that Rob has made HUNDREDS of fires!!!!  He's a regular pyromaniac.  He's the GREATEST pyromaniac ever.  He's a BIGLY pyromaniac!!!  You would have had me miss that?

The old fat gross lady made fire day 1 without flint.  :dunno: 

Good job Survivor there. terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, edjr said:

The old fat gross lady made fire day 1 without flint.  :dunno: 

Good job Survivor there. terrible.

That was actually pretty impressive.  We watch some of these survival reality shows like Naked and Afraid and trained survivalists fail a large percentage of the time doing that, and she knocked it out of the park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strike said:

That was actually pretty impressive.  We watch some of these survival reality shows like Naked and Afraid and trained survivalists fail a large percentage of the time doing that, and she knocked it out of the park.

Was impressive. I always laugh at people that take 30 minutes when it's a battle of fire towards the end of a season, can't start a focking fire.  Try coconut husk, dry tinder, a machete and a flint :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, edjr said:

Was impressive. I always laugh at people that take 30 minutes when it's a battle of fire towards the end of a season, can't start a focking fire.  Try coconut husk, dry tinder, a machete and a flint :wacko:

If I ever go on Survivor there are two things I will practice my a$$ off in preparation for being on the show - Making fire and swimming!!!  I can't believe how many idiots they put on the show who can barely swim.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Strike said:

If I ever go on Survivor there are two things I will practice my a$$ off in preparation for being on the show - Making fire and swimming!!!  I can't believe how many idiots they put on the show who can barely swim.  

How about that skinny loser they put on the show twice (not this season), most pathetic excuse for a mail ever, flailing like a fish out of water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Durags  🤣 🤬:dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Durags  🤣 🤬:dunno:

I think I started fast forwarding a minute into that nonsense, and I'm still trying to shake it off.   

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

I think I started fast forwarding a minute into that nonsense, and I'm still trying to shake it off.   

Yes.....it was about 5 minutes of more PC bullchit.

That kind of crap manufactures future "victims" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have not seen the last 2 weeks of episodes. I may be officially done. after 19 years.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, edjr said:

Have not seen the last 2 weeks of episodes. I may be officially done. after 19 years.  

They put 3 or 4 hotties on next season and you'll be back.   

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, edjr said:

Have not seen the last 2 weeks of episodes. I may be officially done. after 19 years.  

This season does suck imo... I've missed a couple and don't care. Everytime they show those big stupid heads 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ejected 'Survivor' contestant Dan Spilo apologizes to Kellee Kim; CBS implements new rules

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/survivor-contestant-dan-spilo-issues-215404838.html

Dan Spilo, who was booted from "Survivor" last week, is apologizing for the actions that led to his ejection from the show. But that wasn't enough for Kellee Kim, or for CBS.

On Wednesday's episode of "Survivor: Island of the Idols," host Jeff Probst announced the Los Angeles talent manager was pulled from the competition for unacceptable behavior following an off-camera incident. 

In a statement published in People Tuesday, Spilo said he was "deeply sorry for how my actions affected Kellee (Kim) during the taping of this season of Survivor.”

“I truly regret that anyone was made to feel uncomfortable by my behavior,” he continued. “In my life, I have always tried to treat others with decency, integrity and kindness. I can only hope that my actions in the future can help me to make amends and show me to be the kind of father, husband, colleague and friend that I always aim to be.”

Kim, another castaway, complained multiple times about Spilo's behavior while on the show. She responded to his apology on Twitter Tuesday.

"It‘s curious that Dan has decided to publicly apologize to me — and just me — on the eve of the #Survivor39 finale for a series of inappropriate incidents that occurred months ago and impacted a number of women on set," she wrote.

She added: "I truly hope that some of this self reflection is real and that Dan changes his behavior going forward. For me, this statement only underscores the responsibility of CBS and Survivor to take action to prevent anything like this from ever happening again in the future."

In a statement late Tuesday, provided to USA TODAY by CBS, the network said it recognizes that changes are needed.

CBS said orientation for the upcoming 40th season 40 included guidelines on reporting issues regarding personal space and inappropriate behavior. 

Changes going forward include an onsite contact who can deal with concerns; new antiharassment, unconscious bias and sensitivity training; and a new rule that unwelcome touching, sexual harassment and biases are prohibited in the game.

The statement ended noting CBS will develop and adopt similar policies for the network's other reality programs.

USA TODAY has reached out to Spilo and Kim for further comment.

Spilo made history as the first contestant ever kicked off of the long-running CBS reality show.

'Survivor' castaway ejected for the first time in show history for inappropriate behavior

At the end of Wednesday's episode, a title card read: "Dan was removed from the game after a report of another incident, which happened off-camera and did not involve a player."

The exact reason for his expulsion was not disclosed. 

Though Spilo was ousted on Day 36, he'd stirred controversy since Day 1, when Kim complained about his "inappropriate touching." 

Her concerns boiled over on Day 22, when Spilo's behavior continued and producers offered to intervene. She was voted off the show that same day, according to People and Vanity Fair.

'Survivor': Jeff Probst, Kellee Kim address Dan Spilo's 'extremely inappropriate' behavior

In an onscreen message at the time, viewers learned that "producers met with all the players, both as a group and individually. They were cautioned about personal boundaries and reminded that producers are available to them at all times. Based on the outcome of those discussions, the game continued. In addition, producers met privately with Dan, at which time he was issued a warning for his behavior." The text concluded: "Producers continue to monitor the situation." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of those websites like TMZ or something says that while they were on a boat, Dan grabbed some production chick's leg.   He says it occurred because of bumpy water and steadying himself, but the powers that be weren't buying that.   Only what I read on trashy gossip site, so take with a grain of salt.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

One of those websites like TMZ or something says that while they were on a boat, Dan grabbed some production chick's leg.   He says it occurred because of bumpy water and steadying himself, but the powers that be weren't buying that.   Only what I read on trashy gossip site, so take with a grain of salt.  

I read that too.  I also read that another player on the show saw the incident so they have a third party to help in determining whether it was bumpy water or a perv action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Survivor 40, Island of the Perv.

 

Girls randomly get selected to go to an Island with only Dan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Survivor 40, Island of the Perv.

 

Girls randomly get selected to go to an Island with only Dan

Isn't that the premise of every season of the Bachelor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, edjr said:

Survivor 40, Island of the Perv.

 

Girls randomly get selected to go to an Island with only Dan

"Hi Kellee.  This is Jeff Probst.  We'd like to have you back for another season of Survivor.  The theme?  That's a secret."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Strike said:

"Hi Kellee.  This is Jeff Probst.  We'd like to have you back for another season of Survivor.  The theme?  That's a secret."

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×