Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

TE1 ROS: Engram, O.J. or Henry

Who do we like ROS between Engram, Howard and Henry? :dunno: Engram is getting massive targets and receptions with Tate out, but what happens week 5? O.J. is in a tough spot with the streaky Jameis throwing the ball. Will he rebound? And Hunter Henry with Ekeler and Jackson catching passes out of the backfield and Keenan Allen dominating out wide, is there enough for him?

Who do you like ROS and why. Thanks! :pointstosky:

Engram, easily.

He's the most talented of the group I do believe. He's got the least competition for targets.

All 3 are a bit injury prone but I think Engram is the most sturdy as well.

Engram. 

Henry is now third on the that list of those three tes. 

I hope everyone else agreed. 

If not you might want to give up ff. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Evans

Henry

OJ is the worst

Evans is a WR...

Henry is out...

31 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Evans is a WR...

Henry is out...

Still prefer Evans Engrams and Henry to OJ. 

OJ should not be rostered unless it’s a deep league. Henry will outperform OJ for the stretch run. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Still prefer Evans Engrams and Henry to OJ. 

OJ should not be rostered unless it’s a deep league. Henry will outperform OJ for the stretch run. 

I'm glad someone else agrees with me on OJ.  Arians history does not bode well for the TE position.  He used Miller in Pittsburgh only until he had a capable 3rd WR to run out there.  I think OJ may be the most talented of the bunch, but he was drafted into a bad situation.  He will be good for a couple games, but otherwise, I had him well under Delanie Walker in my rankings.  The hype was just unfounded considering the Coach. 

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm glad someone else agrees with me on OJ.  Arians history does not bode well for the TE position.  He used Miller in Pittsburgh only until he had a capable 3rd WR to run out there.  I think OJ may be the most talented of the bunch, but he was drafted into a bad situation.  He will be good for a couple games, but otherwise, I had him well under Delanie Walker in my rankings.  The hype was just unfounded considering the Coach. 

I also factor in Winston's love for Brate as a TD target. Here is a blurb reinforcing that:

Cameron Brate caught both targets thrown his way for eight yards in the Bucs' Week 1 loss to the 49ers.

The box score won't show it, but Brate actually had two touchdowns called back for offensive penalties. He's not a TE1 by any stretch of the imagination, but it goes to show his value if O.J. Howard ever misses an extended period of time.

Sep 8, 2019, 10:02 PM ET

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Drop OJ.

Bruce Arian offense isn't TE friendly.  That's a fact.

Arians isn't calling the plays.

20 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

He's the head coach.

Still not the one calling the plays.  If Leftwich wants to call plays where the TE's are the primary read, then he'll do it.  Since this is his first year on the job, then there's no real way to say that he has a specific plan.  Not after two games anyway.

I don't care who's calling the plays, 5 targets, 32 scoreless yards after 2 weeks would scare me sh!tless...

20 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I don't care who's calling the plays, 5 targets, 32 scoreless yards after 2 weeks would scare me sh!tless...

It's 2 weeks, it's a new system, and the field last night was crappy.  Also, the OLine is pretty bad, so when playing against a pretty good DLine, having an extra blocker is needed.  Howard is a much better blocker than Brate.  Besides, between Brate and Howard, they have 9 targets... on the books.  In week 1, Brate had 2 TD's and Howard had one target last night, removed by penalties.  That's 12 targets in 64 attempts to TE's in 2 games.  At 18.75% of pass targets going to the TE position, that's not a sign of an OC who's avoiding the TE position. 

Keep in mind, the context of the conversation which you're responding to, was based on the premise that Arians doesn't throw to TE's.  It's not only about Howard.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Still not the one calling the plays.  If Leftwich wants to call plays where the TE's are the primary read, then he'll do it.  Since this is his first year on the job, then there's no real way to say that he has a specific plan.  Not after two games anyway.

I disagree with this.  Leftwich is one of my favorite people, but if Arians wants a specific system run, that is what is being run.  Period.  The OC answers to the Head Coach.  You think Byron has free reign under an offensive Guru like Arians right off the bat?  Not a chance.  I have no doubt Arians is telling him what he wants done.  Leftwich may have the ability to choose certain plays, but as far as the overall game plan, there is no way Arians is giving that up to a first time play caller.  I understand you are a Tampa fan, but most people here have known Arians as a Coach for the last umpteen years.  It has been the exact same everywhere he's been.  Byron isn't going to change that. 

Now, cool story on Byron Leftwich.  The Insurance Carrier I worked for when he was drafted insured his home.  We only insured affluent individuals and homes over a specific amount, typically nothing under $1 million in Coverage A (the dwelling).  Byron gets drafted and has tons of cash.  What does he do with it?  He put it in the bank.  We had to make an exception to insure his home as he bought one in the $400k range so he could pay it off immediately.  His vehicles?  Well, he only had one.  I don't recall the make & model, but it was along the lines, in terms of price, to a loaded Ford Taurus.  Nothing special or fancy at all.  The guy had nothing "extra" in his home that he needed special contents coverage for.  In short, this guy was one of the .001% of NFL'ers who saved every dime.  He totally earned my respect for that. 

I could tell you stories all day about the guys who went broke that we insured.  Guys with literally millions of dollars of "stuff" inside their multi-million dollar homes.  Not Byron though.  I'd be willing to bet he has every penny he earned in the NFL still, outside of what he spent on his home & car.  Out of all the professional sports people we insured, most were bankrupt when they were still playing the game, he was an exception. 

48 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I disagree with this.  Leftwich is one of my favorite people, but if Arians wants a specific system run, that is what is being run.  Period.  The OC answers to the Head Coach.  You think Byron has free reign under an offensive Guru like Arians right off the bat?  Not a chance.  I have no doubt Arians is telling him what he wants done.  Leftwich may have the ability to choose certain plays, but as far as the overall game plan, there is no way Arians is giving that up to a first time play caller.  I understand you are a Tampa fan, but most people here have known Arians as a Coach for the last umpteen years.  It has been the exact same everywhere he's been.  Byron isn't going to change that. 

Normally, in instances like this, I'd say that we just agree to disagree.  But this time, forgive me, but I can't.  This time, I'm going to tell you that you're wrong.  This isn't a disagreement.  You are wrong.  Leftwich DOES HAVE, FULL AUTONOMY, of the offense.  Arians has made that clear to Tampa ownership and to their fans.  He (Arians), has made it known that he will work WITH Leftwich when asked.  He (Arians), has also said that he will be a part of the game plan, but when it comes to what plays are called... and when, Leftwich is 100% in charge.  Point blank, and period.  This is Leftwich's show.  Personally, after 2 games, I think he's doing a really good job.

This is common knowledge to Bucs fans, because when Arians was hired, everyone was under the impression that Arians would be "the guy", running the offense.  He made it clear, Day 1, that Leftwich is "the guy" running the offense.