Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

AB accused of sexual assault ...3X.

1 minute ago, NAn said:

Doesn't a civil case still involve an investigation?

The victim would have to file a police report to start an investigation.  Now, since this is a celebrity being accused, the district attorney could order an investigation.  We'll see that happens, but as of now, this is merely a civil case.

7 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

The victim would have to file a police report to start an investigation.  Now, since this is a celebrity being accused, the district attorney could order an investigation.  We'll see that happens, but as of now, this is merely a civil case.

Gotcha. 

15 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

dont get me wrong... AB is a douche, but this seems fishy

Fishy or not, New England wont keep him. They don't need him and they have a quick hook for stuff like this. Fantasy-wise, he's done imo.

6 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Fishy or not, New England wont keep him. They don't need him and they have a quick hook for stuff like this. Fantasy-wise, he's done imo.

You would think so but if Robert Kraft was falsely charged maybe he doesn't cut bait so quick?

1 minute ago, kutulu said:

You would think so but if Robert Kraft was falsely accused maybe he doesn't cut bait so quick?

Was Kraft falsely accused? I thought he just got pinched in a rub and tug spot. I don't think it was a false allegation. He just got out of it with a slap on the wrist. A little different than a detailed rape accusation.

It's more likely he'll wind up on the commissioner's exempt list than outright released at this point.

5 minutes ago, kutulu said:

You would think so but if Robert Kraft was falsely charged maybe he doesn't cut bait so quick?

Kraft was caught on camera getting a tug, and wasn't get getting finger blasted too? He got off on a technicality that the police department exceeded the warrants limits. 

First Craft at the massage parlor, now AB accussed of this? This reminds me of the Aaron Hernandez days. You would think the Pats would drop this guy ASAP.

13 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

a slap on the wrist. .

I think you meant balls

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

didn't the guarantees for his contract kick in yesterday? So that means the Patriots would still owe him $10 million, correct?

If that's the case, that would be awesome! Patriots thought they were trolling the whole league and then it turns out they're the ones that end up paying in the end.

59 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I have issues with this.  if he sexually assaulted her on 3 occasions why did she not call the cops after the first time?  and why would she continue to have anything to do with him?

while I hate rapists I have a hard time believing this is indeed rape.

Exactly. That was the first thing I thought of. Sexually assaulted once, go to the police right away and cut off contact with him. But 3 times? I call bullshlt on this one. And I am not a fan of Brown in the least.  

7 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

didn't the guarantees for his contract kick in yesterday? So that means the Patriots would still owe him $10 million, correct?

If that's the case, that would be awesome! Patriots thought they were trolling the whole league and then it turns out they're the ones that end up paying in the end.

I think something like this, if somehow he is found guilty, voids any guaranteed money, no?

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

I think something like this, if somehow he is found guilty, voids any guaranteed money, no?

There's no police investigation.  It's purely a civil matter dealing only in money.

1 minute ago, FantasyRetard said:

There's no police investigation.  It's purely a civil matter dealing only in money.

Makes me doubt this "case" all the more if this is true. And if he is found not guilty of anything, the chick should go to prison.

1 hour ago, FantasyRetard said:

Statement from AB's attorney:

Mr. Brown denies each and every allegation in the lawsuit.

Mr. Brown was approached by his accuser in 2017, shortly after Mr. Brown signed a contract making him the highest paid wide receiver in the NFL.

At that time, Mr. Brown was asked to invest $1.6 million dollars in the accuser's business project.  The project had just been levied $30,000 in IRS tax liens.

When Brown refused, the accuser cut off contact with Brown.

They reconnected in 2018 (letters says she connected with him), and initiated a consensual personal relationship.

There's more.  This is not going to end well for anyone.

That statement looks like it came out of some focking amateur hanging out a shingle on his own. AB better get serious about his g0ddamn defense. Jesus Christ what a moron

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

That statement looks like it came out of some focking amateur hanging out a shingle on his own. AB better get serious about his g0ddamn defense. Jesus Christ what a moron

career over.

I'm guessing he gets put on the commissioner exempt list and the Patriots let it play out from there. 

Also, how did he graduate high school when he can't even write something resembling a coherent sentence?

34 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Also, how did he graduate high school when he can't even write something resembling a coherent sentence?

Affirmative action at work. 

1 minute ago, Pinesprings said:

this occurred in 2017 and now being reported? civil not criminal....I smell a money grab. fishy timing. 

The rape was in 2018

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

The rape was in 2018

who gets raped and waits a year, year and a 1/2 to report it? Who would wait 48hours?

ab is an idiot but i smell a rat with the timing

9 minutes ago, Pinesprings said:

who gets raped and waits a year, year and a 1/2 to report it? Who would wait 48hours?

While I'm on board with rape victims reporting in a timely matter (not waiting 40 years like Brett Kavanaugh's accuser did, for example), a year is really not that long.  As dudes, it's hard for us to understand what a rape victim goes thru and the trauma must be incredible.  I'm willing to wait and see how this plays out and am willing to give the victim some latitude since it really wasn't that long ago.

In general, I agree that the #metoo movement has weaponized allegations and it's being used indiscriminately as a money/power/attention grab in a lot of cases.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

Statement from AB's attorney:

Mr. Brown denies each and every allegation in the lawsuit.

Mr. Brown was approached by his accuser in 2017, shortly after Mr. Brown signed a contract making him the highest paid wide receiver in the NFL.

At that time, Mr. Brown was asked to invest $1.6 million dollars in the accuser's business project.  The project had just been levied $30,000 in IRS tax liens.

When Brown refused, the accuser cut off contact with Brown.

They reconnected in 2018 (letters says she connected with him), and initiated a consensual personal relationship.

There's more.  This is not going to end well for anyone.

Not a good idea, according to Florio:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/11/antonio-browns-lawyer-promises-a-countersuit-against-browns-accuser/

6 minutes ago, Pinesprings said:

She was staying at his house. An incident supposedly occurs in 2017 yet she stays. Then supposedly he jacks off on her back without her knowing.

Next year she comes back. Again she’s in his house when he allegedly rapes her in his bedroom.

Civil not criminal. Where are the cops and prosecutor in this? She’s claiming a flat-out forcible rape. 

Files yesterday for maximum effect. It’s all very fishy.

I’ll also say, having read the complaint, that it’s full of all kinds of sh1t that would never be admissible in court and they know it. Seems like it was written for the media far more than an actual court.

That said she claims she passed a polygraph. Now you can CLAIM pretty much anything in a lawsuit, but if it’s actually legit and as they describe then that’s something. Maybe not even admissible in court but still.

12 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I have issues with this.  if he sexually assaulted her on 3 occasions why did she not call the cops after the first time?  and why would she continue to have anything to do with him?

while I hate rapists I have a hard time believing this is indeed rape.

'Why don't women report rape? I have a hard time believing them...' paraphrasing.

You answered your own question. 

He jacked on her back in 2017 without her knowing. She decided to come back in 2018 if he promised to stop “flirting “ with her.

Is that how people flirt nowadays? Let me try with the wife, will report back. 

4 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

He jacked on her back in 2017 without her knowing. She decided to come back in 2018 if he promised to stop “flirting “ with her.

Is that how people flirt nowadays? Let me try with the wife, will report back. 

You've been out of the game for too long.

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Is that how people flirt nowadays? Let me try with the wife, will report back

Already tried with your wife.  Apparently, it works!

• Haha 1

If she's doing it for a money grab, $75k doesn't seem like much to grab for.  AB gets fined more than that most weeks for something or other.

The low amount she's seeking kind of adds credibility to her accusation, or at least reduces the perceived motivation for making a false accusation.

16 hours ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Was Kraft falsely accused? I thought he just got pinched in a rub and tug spot. I don't think it was a false allegation. He just got out of it with a slap on the wrist. A little different than a detailed rape accusation.

Deadspin did a whole writeup on the case and what a CF it turned into.

TLDR: Kraft definitely got a rub-and-tug, but the problem was that he got ensnared in what authorities falsely thought was some sort of human trafficking ring, when in actuality, it was just a (mostly) legal massage parlor where the masseuses, who were all either citizens or legal residents, occasionally gave happy endings. The police cut a ton of corners in terms of search warrants, so Kraft's high-priced lawyers were able to get all the evidence against him suppressed. I don't think the case against him has officially been thrown out yet, but it's a foregone conclusion at this point. Meanwhile, the only people likely to face punishment are the masseuses the whole operation was originally designed to "save", who now face felony prostitution charges. Justice is blind, indeed.

18 hours ago, JagFan said:

I get what you’re saying, and I’m sure you’re a good person, but you message came across in poor taste.

Well, lets be honest here - the sexual harrassment card gets overplayed a lot these days, like many other "cards".  It starts to lose its meaning.  Its also unfair that once you are even ACCUSED of it you are done.  You're guilty, regardless of if you actually did it or not.  Real victims get screwed too since with the abudance of claims, the real ones get lumped into the "cash grabbers" group.  The whole thing collapses.

Also, it does seem rather odd that these victims rarely come forward close to when the event occurred.  Its always after(sometimes decades later)the accused is *conveniently* rich and/or famous.  Then... they suddenly have their memory jogged about the incident. 🙄

I have two daughters, just for the record.  But I feel this is far too easy to use a "weapon" if people feel malicious or just want to ruin someone else.  Thats all.