Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

AB accused of sexual assault ...3X.

8 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Well, lets be honest here - the sexual harrassment card gets overplayed a lot these days, like many other "cards".  It starts to lose its meaning.  Its also unfair that once you are even ACCUSED of it you are done.  You're guilty, regardless of if you actually did it or not.  Real victims get screwed too since with the abudance of claims, the real ones get lumped into the "cash grabbers" group.  The whole thing collapses.

Also, it does seem rather odd that these victims rarely come forward close to when the event occurred.  Its always after(sometimes decades later)the accused is *conveniently* rich and/or famous.  Then... they suddenly have their memory jogged about the incident. 🙄

I have two daughters, just for the record.  But I feel this is far too easy to use a "weapon" if people feel malicious or just want to ruin someone else.  Thats all.

Not saying this is the case, but there is a chance the alleged victim tried to suprress the event mentally, but after pretty much seeing his face and hearing his name mentioned everywhere over the past week it was brought back to the surface and she was no longer able to cope.  But who knows really besides those involved.

• Like 1

Let's face it: Unless Antonio Brown or Britney Taylor are posting in this forum, no one here knows what happened between them. And I suspect very few people here actually know how rape victims are "supposed" to respond, or what a "normal" time is to report an alleged assault.

The fact is, if you're ready to conclude that Taylor is a gold-digger based on a single news report -- or, conversely, if you're ready to conclude that Brown must be a rapist because he's been acting like a d-bag on social media for the past month -- you're revealing far more about your own biases than you are about what may or may not have happened in this case. Yes, it would be horrible if Brown has his reputation destroyed by a false accusation. You know what else would be horrible? If a woman who was raped was further traumatized by being derided as a liar and a shakedown artist based solely on suppositions.

Remember: Whatever you think about #MeToo, or how society treats rape allegations, or anything else, has no bearing whatsoever on the specifics of this case.

It may be that we will never find out more information about her accusations than what we know right now. But is it too much to wait at least a couple weeks to see if anything new comes out before making any grand pronouncements?

• Like 1

Rotoworld forums are an embarrassment. This is huge news and they do not allow the topic to be discussed? 

I don't post there but went to read it and seems they are over-modding. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Rotoworld forums are an embarrassment. This is huge news and they do not allow the topic to be discussed? 

Sounds typical.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Don't post there, either, but out of curiosity, I just checked and you're right, zero discussion of AB at all. Is there some post where the mods laid down ground rules? Or did they just memory-hole the thread? Did they also pull out a Men in Black neuralizer so that members would forget it was even a story? 

Just now, zftcg said:

Don't post there, either, but out of curiosity, I just checked and you're right, zero discussion of AB at all. Is there some post where the mods laid down ground rules? Or did they just memory-hole the thread? Did they also pull out a Men in Black neuralizer so that members would forget it was even a story? 

They close the thread until the topic becomes stale. It is somewhere locked

Also went to check waiver wire discussion and saw they kept deleting posts that mentioned FAAB bids. Not allowed to discuss FAAB bid rates in the waiver wire thread. 

Anyway, not going to bother with posting there. 

16 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Never mind, just found this at the top of the AB thread:

[Thread's going on hiatus for a bit.  Diverting AB chatter elsewhere will result in a warning with suspension.]

Honestly, I have some sympathy for the mods here. Moderating any forum is annoying even when it's on topic; if I had a fantasy football site I wouldn't want to spend all day policing rape discussions. And the nature of moderating is that you're either all-in or all-out.

6 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Never mind, just found this at the top of the AB thread:

[Thread's going on hiatus for a bit.  Diverting AB chatter elsewhere will result in a warning with suspension.]

Honestly, I have some sympathy for the mods here. Moderating any forum is annoying even when it's on topic; if I had a fantasy football site I wouldn't want to spend all day policing rape discussions. And the nature of moderating is that you're either all-in or all-out.

Sorry no sympathy for the mods, that's where they are out of control when no discussion at all is allowed. Draconic decision. Basically, they are sayingwe can't figure out what to allow and what to disallow. Pats' blogs aren't even shutting discussion of this

When does AB get to meet with the NFL to tell his side?  She’s got a meeting after her wedding. 

Seems fair.  Thorough. Crack investigative team over there at the NFL. 

On 9/11/2019 at 12:45 PM, zftcg said:

Let's face it: Unless Antonio Brown or Britney Taylor are posting in this forum, no one here knows what happened between them. And I suspect very few people here actually know how rape victims are "supposed" to respond, or what a "normal" time is to report an alleged assault.

The fact is, if you're ready to conclude that Taylor is a gold-digger based on a single news report -- or, conversely, if you're ready to conclude that Brown must be a rapist because he's been acting like a d-bag on social media for the past month -- you're revealing far more about your own biases than you are about what may or may not have happened in this case. Yes, it would be horrible if Brown has his reputation destroyed by a false accusation. You know what else would be horrible? If a woman who was raped was further traumatized by being derided as a liar and a shakedown artist based solely on suppositions.

Remember: Whatever you think about #MeToo, or how society treats rape allegations, or anything else, has no bearing whatsoever on the specifics of this case.

It may be that we will never find out more information about her accusations than what we know right now. But is it too much to wait at least a couple weeks to see if anything new comes out before making any grand pronouncements?

Then why the shakedown?

What I would need to hear is she went to the cops but they wouldn’t do anything. So she brought the civil suit not necessarily to try to get rich but for her chance at some justice.

Not holding my breath based on what I’ve read so far.

10 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Then why the shakedown?

What I would need to hear is she went to the cops but they wouldn’t do anything. So she brought the civil suit not necessarily to try to get rich but for her chance at some justice.

as much as i despise AB - this thing definitely reads as though they had a consensual relationship at one time that fell apart.  when he sent those texts she was like "hey - i'm sure i can do something with THESE!" etc

obviously i'm not pretending i know what happened and will wait for the process to unfold - but, in my mind, the above is a very likely scenario

12 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Then why the shakedown?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Keep in mind that when it comes to high-profile lawsuits/criminal cases, a lot of what you hear early on is spin from people who are trying to set the media narrative. That's not to say anything we've heard is untrue, just that we should try to find out more information before jumping to conclusions.

And for the record, I think what you're doing in terms of asking questions about the story is perfectly legitimate. (From my own perspective, I definitely want to understand the timing of this allegation right as everything else was going down with AB. I thought I saw a report somewhere that they had been negotiating in secret for awhile before she decided to go public last week, which would seem especially fishy, but is certainly not dispositive.)

My point was that there's a big difference between you saying, "I want to understand more about A, B, and C" and people who are immediately assuming she's a gold digger or a vindictive slut or whatever. If there's even a reasonable chance that she was raped, it's particularly awful to re-victimize her like that. 

There will be plenty of time for all of our hot takes once more facts come out.

Hers's an interesting bit of info on this ...

Antonio Brown's camp knew lawsuit was coming, but here's the reported reason why they didn't tell the Patriots

When the sexual assault lawsuit against Antonio Brown was filed in federal court in Florida this week, the Patriots apparently had no idea it was coming. 

According to NFL.com, the team was blindsided by the news, which came out just hours after the Patriots announced that Brown had joined the roster. 

In the lawsuit, Brown is accused of sexually assaulting a female acquaintance, Britney Taylor, on three separate occasions between June 2017 and May 2018. Although Brown's legal team has admitted that the two had a sexual relationship, his camp maintains that everything was consensual between Brown and Taylor. 

The Patriots are rarely blindsided by anything, which led some to wonder how they ended up signing Brown without knowing that he had such a lawsuit hanging over his head. As it turns out, Brown's camp knew for months that the lawsuit was coming, but they didn't tell the Patriots (or the Raiders, Brown's previous team) because they apparently made an agreement with Taylor's camp not to talk about the case. 

According to ESPN.com, the two sides had been engaged in discussions about the case over the past few months with the understanding that all conversations would remain confidential. If Brown's camp had revealed to the Patriots that a lawsuit was coming, that would have been a breach of the agreement. According to ESPN, it's not clear what the two sides were discussing in these confidential meetings, but it's possible they had initial talks about making some sort of settlement, talks that presumably went nowhere since Taylor ended up filing the lawsuit. 

The fact the Patriots didn't know about the lawsuit answers a question that both Bill Belichick and Brown's agent Drew Rosenhaus were unwilling to answer this week. 

The day after the lawsuit was filed, both men were asked if the Patriots had known the lawsuit was coming and both gave vague answers. 

"I'm not going to be expanding on the statements that have already been given," Belichick said Wednesday when asked if the team was aware of the lawsuit before signing Brown.

Rosenhaus had even less to say about the subject when asked about it during a Wednesday interview on ESPN.  

"I'm not going to get into that element," Rosenhaus said. "I'm not going to get into my discussions with the Patriots or what may or may not have been discussed."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-browns-camp-knew-lawsuit-was-coming-but-heres-the-reported-reason-why-they-didnt-tell-the-patriots/

So here is my take which I haven't heard anywhere else. Britany and AB were having private setllement discussions prior to the Lawsuit.

On the first day of this news.  I heard she was asking for 75K.

So why the hell didn't he just pay her and more on. It's not like he has his honor to defend.

Just saying

Just now, the real Claymore said:

On the first day of this news.  I heard she was asking for 75K.

So why the hell didn't he just pay her and more on. It's not like he has his honor to defend.

$75k isn't what she's asking for; $75k is just the minimum that CAN be asked for in a federal civil suit filed in the State of Florida.  So she has to be asking for AT LEAST $75k, but the actual amount they are seeking is currently undisclosed.

14 hours ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Confusing, but apparently she had to file for $75k because AB is out of state. She's actually looking for $1.6M

I don't completely understand it either, but it's outlined in this article...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/sep/10/antonio-brown-rape-lawsuit-florida

The $75k number is meaningless. It’s just a jurisdictional hurdle you have to allege—that your damages are AT LEAST $75k. When you file in federal court you have to have what they call “subject matter jurisdiction.” This can be “diversity” jurisdiction—that the parties are all from different states—or “federal question” jurisdiction—that your claim is predicated on a federal statute or the like. In this case the complaint is based on diversity jurisdiction and in those cases the “amount in controversy” must exceed $75k. Typically the actual amount of damages sought is not stated in the complaint because ultimately it would be a jury that would determine the proper award. So you don’t say exactly what it is you’re seeking but you do have to allege that it’s at least $75k when you’re relying on federal diversity jurisdiction.

On 9/11/2019 at 9:52 AM, MissionCoach said:

Not trying to give you a hard time, but if you were raped by another man, how long would it take for you to report the incident to Law Enforcement?  Friends + Family? We have got to start listening to victims stories. 

Until it's proven, she isn't a victim. She's an accuser. He said she said. No assumptions should be made either way. 

5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Until it's proven, she isn't a victim. She's an accuser. He said she said. No assumptions should be made either way. 

Some people will never understand this point. When accusers start having to pay for proven false claims, then times will change hopefully.

On 9/11/2019 at 3:06 PM, RoadLizard said:

Well, lets be honest here - the sexual harrassment card gets overplayed a lot these days, like many other "cards".  It starts to lose its meaning.  Its also unfair that once you are even ACCUSED of it you are done.  You're guilty, regardless of if you actually did it or not.  Real victims get screwed too since with the abudance of claims, the real ones get lumped into the "cash grabbers" group.  The whole thing collapses.

In what world is this true? AB was accused, but he's getting paid millions of dollars to play for the best team in the NFL and scored a TD yesterday, precisely because everyone is avoiding a rush to judgment. 

In fact, I'm having a hard time remembering anyone who had their career destroyed by a provably false accusation. Kavanaugh? Even if you think the allegations against him were false (and they certainly weren't proven one way or the other), the dude got a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court. The Duke lacrosse players? What happened to them was horrible, but all charges against them were thrown out and the prosecutor got disbarred and lost his job

You know what I can think of a bunch of examples of? Dudes who were guilty of sin and got away with it for years because of their wealth and power: Cosby, Weinstein, Epstein, Nassar, etc. (And let's keep things bipartisan by noting that the same is true of two of our four most recent presidents.)

It kind of boggles my mind that anyone could look at the past few years and conclude that it's too easy to take down a powerful man with an accusation of sexual assault. If anything, it's much more difficult than it should be.

35 minutes ago, zftcg said:

In what world is this true? AB was accused, but he's getting paid millions of dollars to play for the best team in the NFL and scored a TD yesterday, precisely because everyone is avoiding a rush to judgment. 

In fact, I'm having a hard time remembering anyone who had their career destroyed by a provably false accusation. Kavanaugh? Even if you think the allegations against him were false (and they certainly weren't proven one way or the other), the dude got a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court. The Duke lacrosse players? What happened to them was horrible, but all charges against them were thrown out and the prosecutor got disbarred and lost his job

You know what I can think of a bunch of examples of? Dudes who were guilty of sin and got away with it for years because of their wealth and power: Cosby, Weinstein, Epstein, Nassar, etc. (And let's keep things bipartisan by noting that the same is true of two of our four most recent presidents.)

It kind of boggles my mind that anyone could look at the past few years and conclude that it's too easy to take down a powerful man with an accusation of sexual assault. If anything, it's much more difficult than it should be.

What I mean is that in the public eye you are guilty until proven innocent many times with this stuff.

38 minutes ago, zftcg said:

It's because they have good lawyers. Not sure of your situation, but if someone falsely accused you of rape and it went viral in the media how would you fair? Would it affect your life?

1 hour ago, RoadLizard said:

What I mean is that in the public eye you are guilty until proven innocent many times with this stuff.

OK, can you give me an example?

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

OK, can you give me an example?

Brett Kavanaugh. 

6 hours ago, zftcg said:

Good points

Kavanaugh gets accused of gang rape and his kids have to hear that shite and because he got the SC that makes it ok? Wow. 

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Kavanaugh gets accused of gang rape and his kids have to hear that shite and because he got the SC that makes it ok? Wow. 

No of course it doesn't make it OK, just as it wasn't OK that Bill Clinton's daughter had to listen to rumors that her dad was a murderer or Bush's daughters had to hear that their dad was a coke fiend. When you're a political figure people says lots of horrible things about you, and your kids have to hear about it.

But in the aftermath of the Clinton "Body Bag List" I don't recall anyone bemoaning the use of the "murder card" or invoking it to argue that, say, OJ must also be innocent, since lots of people make up murder allegations.

What started this whole discussion was an assertion that, as soon as you are accused of rape, you are "done". I countered that there is neither statistical nor anecdotal evidence to support that assertion. In fact, the data show that the woman making the accusation of sexual assault is far more likely to end up worse off than the man she accuses, even in cases where the allegation is true. I'm still waiting for someone to prove me wrong.

57 minutes ago, zftcg said:

No of course it doesn't make it OK, just as it wasn't OK that Bill Clinton's daughter had to listen to rumors that her dad was a murderer or Bush's daughters had to hear that their dad was a coke fiend. When you're a political figure people says lots of horrible things about you, and your kids have to hear about it.

But in the aftermath of the Clinton "Body Bag List" I don't recall anyone bemoaning the use of the "murder card" or invoking it to argue that, say, OJ must also be innocent, since lots of people make up murder allegations.

What started this whole discussion was an assertion that, as soon as you are accused of rape, you are "done". I countered that there is neither statistical nor anecdotal evidence to support that assertion. In fact, the data show that the woman making the accusation of sexual assault is far more likely to end up worse off than the man she accuses, even in cases where the allegation is true. I'm still waiting for someone to prove me wrong.

I must have missed the Senate hearings about those accusations. See, the Kavanaugh garbage was given validity. The Clinton Murder count wasn't. It's not even close to being the same 

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

More good points. This a here guy is really good at learnin’

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I must have missed the Senate hearings about those accusations. See, the Kavanaugh garbage was given validity. The Clinton Murder count wasn't. It's not even close to being the same 

As a matter of fact, you did miss the Senate Banking Committee investigation -- along with separate investigations by the House Government Affairs Committee, the National Parks Service, and two different independent counsels -- into Vince Foster's suicide :dunno:

(Bonus piece of trivia: You'll never guess which member of Ken Starr's team pushed to re-do the Foster investigation.)

Anyway, I have no desire to relitigate Kavanaugh's confirmation or Vince Foster's death in a fantasy football forum. What we're discussing is the allegations against Brown, and if there are any takeaways from other high-profile cases. Someone (don't think it was you) claimed that once a woman accuses a man of sexual assault he is "done". Do you think that's true? If so, convince me, but you'll have to come up with something more than whether a dude's kids had to hear people say mean things about him on the playground. Moreover, Brown's situation -- in which he continues to play while the investigation is ongoing, even as additional allegations come out -- seems to disprove the theory pretty convincingly.

22 hours ago, Donkey said:

Really interesting. He's got a lot of issues that's for certain.

I read that don't even know what to make of it.  Dude is out there.  He's one of the highest paid WR's in the league and he's stiffing people over a few thousand dollars while wearing around fur coats during the summer.  Farting in his doctors face repeatedly?  And now there's a 2nd accuser coming forward.  Why TF aren't these people filing police charges is what I want to know.