Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

"Trigger Warning" in news articles?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/arizona-trooper-arrested-on-charges-he-tried-to-extort-sexual-favors/ar-AAH6q7E?li=BBnbcA1

Trigger Warning: This article contains information and details about alleged sexual assault and/or violence, which may be upsetting to some readers.

This is where we are at as a society.   Unbelievable. 

5 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/arizona-trooper-arrested-on-charges-he-tried-to-extort-sexual-favors/ar-AAH6q7E?li=BBnbcA1

Trigger Warning: This article contains information and details about alleged sexual assault and/or violence, which may be upsetting to some readers.

This is where we are at as a society.   Unbelievable. 

I'm making an assumption, since the source is MSN, that the trooper is a minority, and not white.  Race unknown... but not white.  They S.O.P. for the main stream media today is to only tell you the accused's race, when he's white.

I feel fortunate to not be the poosay that so many others willingly allow themselves to be.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm making an assumption, since the source is MSN, that the trooper is a minority, and not white.  Race unknown... but not white.  They S.O.P. for the main stream media today is to only tell you the accused's race, when he's white.

I have to admit that this was my thought as well.  It is akin to an apology for presenting a fact.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I feel fortunate to not be the poosay that so many others willingly allow themselves to be.....

I don’t necessarily think a victim of rape or assault if a poosay if she or he can’t or doesn’t want to read about rape or sexual assault. But I think people should assume the news may include things they find upsetting and avoid it if they’re going to be “triggered.”

Just now, MDC said:

I don’t necessarily think a victim of rape or assault if a poosay if she or he can’t or doesn’t want to read about rape or sexual assault. But I think people should assume the news may include things they find upsetting and avoid it if they’re going to be “triggered.”

The appeal to pity, notwithstanding this, is useful if you want to make someone feel guilty for not being less capable...

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Before you read ANYTHING, you've either seen the topic of the article in the link or saw the heading... "Arizona trooper arrested on charges he tried to extort sexual favors".  A person who was a victim in the past, shouldn't need an explicit warning.  Why would being told a THIRD time about the content be necessary?

• Like 1

Should  I have had a Trigger Warning for my Trigger Warning thread?  :unsure:

• Thanks 1

Just now, NorthernVike said:

:lol::clap:

25 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The appeal to pity, notwithstanding this, is useful if you want to make someone feel guilty for not being less capable...

I have no idea what this means. :thumbsup: 

29 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

No. You should ask us for our prefered pronouns in order to respond though.

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

I have no idea what this means. :thumbsup: 

I know....😂

All political posts should have Trigger Warnings - bcoz most in them go unhinged.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I know....😂

44 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Are you saying the news media wants to make people feel guilty for being “less capable,” meaning rape survivors are less capable if they do not want to read depictions of rape? I think trigger warnings are dumb in general but I can see why a sexual assault victim wouldn’t want to read about it. I don’t think the media should have to cater to them though.