Sign in to follow this  
Kevinv86

Thielen and Diggs

What is everyone thoughts about Thielen and Diggs?  News all off season was Minn wanted to run the ball a lot and week 1 that is exactly what they did.  Is it time to panic or just say its one bad game.  Pretty much asking because I was offered Diggs for Kupp in PPR.  I have Kupp

3 minutes ago, Kevinv86 said:

What is everyone thoughts about Thielen and Diggs?  News all off season was Minn wanted to run the ball a lot and week 1 that is exactly what they did.  Is it time to panic or just say its one bad game.

Too early to tell, Thielen still did ok because of the TD.  They also were up 14-0 after 1, 21-0 at the half, and 28-0 after the 3rd.  The run was working so they didn't have to pass much. 

When I saw they only passed the ball 10 times it actually made me feel better Diggs somehow managed to gain 35 yds! No way they can maintain that philosophy and compete. They may have a nice defense, but they aren't the 85 Bears. 

The defense is good, but how many games in 2019 are going to feature .a team passing the ball 10 times? Zimmer definitely wants to run the ball, and the O-line looks improved, but I wouldn't worry about the WRs at this point.

I would drop your ff team and run for the hills.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beyond Chaos said:

Too early to tell, Thielen still did ok because of the TD.  They also were up 14-0 after 1, 21-0 at the half, and 28-0 after the 3rd.  The run was working so they didn't have to pass much. 

2 hours ago, cavern said:

it's game script.  that's all

both of these is correct.

when you are up 21-0 at the half, you are not throwing the ball much if at all.  You are trying to kill the clock to prevent the comeback that happened somehow anyways.

I dont see this as being typical and I'd be surprised if we saw this happen again with this offense and this team.

Best you can do is ignore it.

Diggs likely got less action due to his injury (he was questionable leading into the game).

Get Diggs while you can. He’s annoying cuz he’s only fully healthy a month every season but he’d be grand to have at a discount. Not even Seattle could get away with not passing at all. Kirk will be back into the 20s at least pretty soon.

31 minutes ago, jimaveli said:

Get Diggs while you can. He’s annoying cuz he’s only fully healthy a month every season but he’d be grand to have at a discount. Not even Seattle could get away with not passing at all. Kirk will be back into the 20s at least pretty soon.

I was offered Diggs for Kupp in PPR...... This is why I am on the fence

2 minutes ago, Kevinv86 said:

Why are you on the fence?

Diggs is nowhere near worth the same as the #4 PPR WR (in September of 2018, anyway, before he got hurt).

George Steinbrenner once said, "Never sit around discussing things rationally when the situation calls for panic."  Set your hair on fire and drop both immediately!

1 hour ago, Kevinv86 said:

Diggs. 

17 hours ago, weepaws said:

Diggs. 

Kupp is a target monster in a pass 1st offense. I would keep Kupp

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AxeElf said:

The Vikings will run a lot less after Week 4, when Cook traditionally goes down for the season.

Traditionally is a strong word in his instance.  He tore an ACL.  His hamstring issue was a direct result of the tear.  I posted all offseason he was going to light it up this season.  I'm happy you claimed to have not bought into him.  Week one showed he's pretty healthy.  Let's not forget he dislocated his shoulder in college and played the season through the pain, not having surgery until after the season and putting up crazy numbers.  You can't run on a torn ACL or this kid would have.  Keep bashing him and he will keep making you look foolish.  :)   Your track record on players comes only from your Fantasy Posers site you promote so often and they are VERY well known to use ONLY last seasons statistics when making their rankings.  Nice try though.

As for the WR's in MN.  They will be fine.  I do believe both were overdrafted by a significant margin this year, but that's mostly because of horrible ranking sites, like the one above.  They bragged about touting Mahomes last season when even ESPN had him, prior to week one, at the top of their webpage as a potential MVP.  Not to mention after the 3rd game of the season, many others did too.  They also touted Davante Adams as a "breakout" player.  How can a guy be considered a breakout player when he was already a stud?!  Their ads pop up in my Google news feed often and they are such a joke.  "From the website that told you to draft Davante Adams in 2018..."  I hope they realize how ignorant they sound to anyone who isn't flat out a rookie. 

Diggs. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Diggs. 

I'd take Kupp.  Both have issues you can compare.  Diggs is now in what appears to be a flat out run first offense.  His numbers are going to dip.  Kupp is coming off a major injury and the Rams offensive line lost 2 starters in the offseason, so more quick passes than downfield throws early in the season.  I would take Kupp as he was the #2 fantasy WR in PPR formats prior to his injury last season.  He will improve as the season goes along.  We just don't know which of Diggs / Thielen will be the one WR on the Vikings to make some noise.  I don't see them both being great this season, and have a feeling one of them will have been drafted 3 rounds higher than he should of. 

Great points no question. 

When I look at last weeks stat lines for the rams and Vikings. 

What I see is, Woods had 13 targets Kupp had 10, but Cooks only had 6. 

And I think his targets, speaking of Cooks will improve going forward. 

Vikings went run game early, they where also up 14-0. 

I don’t see the Vikings being able to use that same strategy score the Rodgers this weekend. 

Hey thanks for your reply. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Great points no question. 

When I look at last weeks stat lines for the rams and Vikings. 

What I see is, Woods had 13 targets Kupp had 10, but Cooks only had 6. 

And I think his targets, speaking of Cooks will improve going forward. 

Vikings went run game early, they where also up 14-0. 

I don’t see the Vikings being able to use that same strategy score the Rodgers this weekend. 

Hey thanks for your reply. 

It's definitely a debatable topic.  After the Vikings switched their offense late last season, it was Theilen who suffered, not Diggs.  I'm just not sure which of those guys will be the "main" guy.  If they stick to being run first, which I believe they will as long as they have a lead, one of them will see a big drop in numbers.

With the weaker offensive line, I don't expect the Rams to throw deep very often for the first several weeks of the season.  The line needs to gel first.  Kupp should benefit from that.  Cooks will likely be the one suffering the largest drop in targets, but he will still put up good numbers. 

I am a bit biased and like Kupp.  I drafted him in dynasty, then traded him for some magic beans prior to the season starting his rookie year.  Even though I was an idiot and made a terrible trade, I like to see him rack up the points.  It keeps me motivated to not be so stupid in the future.  lol

33 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If they stick to being run first, which I believe they will as long as they have a lead...

Which will be about 3 more weeks, which is when Cook traditionally goes down for the season.

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Which will be about 3 more weeks, which is when Cook traditionally goes down for the season.

Once again, I hope he puts up the season I'm expecting.  You are going to look quite foolish for ragging on him.  From what I've seen in your other posts, you can't be doing to well.  The only time you hype a player is once they've already done something.  How does that help anyone?  "Oh, go grab Mahomes, he will be fire this week."  Really?  How about you throw out some people in the preseason you expect to produce.  Guys that aren't on the radar of many people posting here, or at least give a reason for your beliefs instead of simplistic comments that explain nothing.  Every post I have seen of yours can be easily refuted, yet you continue on, posting nonsensical things or something that can be read directly on the Fantasy Posers website.  I've yet to see you post anything of value that would help any forum member over the entire season, yet you comment on every single post, looking to pick fights with people. 

AxeElf body wash, coming to a Walmart near you. 

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

And to show, once again, how little you know of nearly any player.....  How many games did Cook miss in his entire High School and College career? 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

AxeElf body wash, coming to a Walmart near you. 

Only until Week 4, which is when Dalvin Cook traditionally goes down for the season.

Just now, AxeElf said:

Only until Week 4, which is when Dalvin Cook traditionally goes down for the season.

Make you a deal Mr. Elf.  How about you take your best team, verifiable by Mike at FFToday and I take my best team, also verifiable by Mike at FFtoday.  We put up $1k on whose team does better this season?  That should solve the issues of you having such a big mouth with nothing to say.  We can judge them by points scored or record in the league they are in.  You can look up my best dynasty team here already.  It's more than stacked from top to bottom.  How about you accept the offer or finally shut up?

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Make you a deal Mr. Elf.  How about you take your best team, verifiable by Mike at FFToday and I take my best team, also verifiable by Mike at FFtoday.  We put up $1k on whose team does better this season?  That should solve the issues of you having such a big mouth with nothing to say.  We can judge them by points scored or record in the league they are in.  You can look up my best dynasty team here already.  It's more than stacked from top to bottom.  How about you accept the offer or finally shut up?

Only if we stop scoring at Week 4, which is when Dalvin Cook traditionally goes down for the season.

37 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Only if we stop scoring at Week 4, which is when Dalvin Cook traditionally goes down for the season.

Trolls never prosper.  Thank you for showing your true colors, although I believe the rest of the board was already aware. 

54 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

From what I've seen in your other posts, you can't be doing to well.  The only time you hype a player is once they've already done something.  How does that help anyone?  "Oh, go grab Mahomes, he will be fire this week."  Really?  How about you throw out some people in the preseason you expect to produce.  Guys that aren't on the radar of many people posting here, or at least give a reason for your beliefs instead of simplistic comments that explain nothing.  Every post I have seen of yours can be easily refuted, yet you continue on, posting nonsensical things or something that can be read directly on the Fantasy Posers website.  I've yet to see you post anything of value that would help any forum member over the entire season, yet you comment on every single post, looking to pick fights with people.

You clearly have Axe Elf confused with someone else.  Axe Elf is the one providing his students with the valuable fantasy insights befitting the Legend that is Axe Elf.

And Axe Elf never fights, only educates.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

You clearly have Axe Elf confused with someone else.  Axe Elf is the one providing his students with the valuable fantasy insights befitting the Legend that is Axe Elf.

Fantasy students?  lol  With what you've posted on FFToday, I can't imagine anyone would ever admit to being a pupil of yours.  Most people can lose 10 games without help from an Elf.  Your "knowledge" of the game is limited to mocking other posters teams, trades and thoughts.  I do recall you saying once that Pat Mahomes may be good, but that was this preseason, so sort of late.  You also posted Barkley was a good RB.  Wow.  In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.  It seriously hard to believe you were the fastest swimmer. 

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I do recall you saying once that Pat Mahomes may be good, but that was this preseason, so sort of late.  You also posted Barkley was a good RB.

It would help your case against dementia if you would axually post links to these newsflashes, instead of just insisting that they were the work of Axe Elf.

Meanwhile, everyone else will continue to assume that you have (accidentally, I hope) muddled Axe Elf's posts with someone else's, while they bask in the glory of Axe Elf's axual posts, like the one where he suggested that Phillip Dorsett was the other Patriots' WR to own, besides Edelman...

...or when he cautioned drafters to temper their expectations of David Montgomery, and recommended Carlos Hyde as a functionally equivalent, but less expensive, alternative...

Parenthetically, Phillip Dorsett finished with 25.5 PPR fantasy points, to Julian Edelman's 16.4, and Carlos Hyde finished with 9.5 PPR fantasy points, to David Montgomery's 5.5.

Now take your meds and quit making things up.

Whoa.  Why not post the other 80 things you've completely ripped on owners for?  I can pull out WAY more than this that I've contributed and they weren't taken directly from the front page of Fantasy Posers website.  :)   Ironic that Phillip Dorsett was listed on Fantasy Pros as being a week one major sleeper.  Hmmmmm…..  Also, why not mention the fact you totally ripped on Hyde in a thread here, yet now you are using him as an example of something good?  Fantasy Posers said Montgomery was going to be better later in the season and to draft accordingly.  You said the exact same thing.  Hmmmmm…..   Dude, you are a joke.  You pull ONLY the few things you've posted (taken from a website you posit on the frequent) and try to make out like you know what you're talking about.  Again, everyone here has seen your posts from the preseason.  You are a fantasy football moron and someone like you pops up on this site each and every year.  Always bragging about the already obvious, but never having a single thing to contribute that isn't already on the front page of another website and/or magazine.  Axe Elf is not only a fraud, but a lousy one at that.  :)

Still have Axe Elf confused with someone else, I see...

14 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I can pull out WAY more than this that I've contributed and they weren't taken directly from the front page of Fantasy Posers website.

If you feel the need to beat your chest and compare yourself to the Legend that is Axe Elf, go for it.

Ironic that Phillip Dorsett was listed on Fantasy Pros as being a week one major sleeper.  Hmmmmm…..  

It's not really ironic, it just means that someone at Fantasy Pros is an Axe Elf apprentice, since Axe Elf has been calling Dorsett "the other Patriots' WR to own" all summer.

Also, why not mention the fact you totally ripped on Hyde in a thread here, yet now you are using him as an example of something good?

Why not mention it?  Because it never happened.  Again, you're either making things up, or you have me confused with someone else.  Continuing to baselessly insist that it did happen will not be credited as a legitimate argument deserving a response.  If you have the proof, link it; if not, you are dismissed.

Fantasy Posers said Montgomery was going to be better later in the season and to draft accordingly.  You said the exact same thing.  Hmmmmm…..

That's not what I said at all.  I linked to what I said about Montgomery above.  Again, if you have the proof, link it; if not, you are dismissed.

You pull ONLY the few things you've posted (taken from a website you posit on the frequent) and try to make out like you know what you're talking about.

I reference FantasyPros as a source for fantasy stats, nothing more, nothing less.  If you have any proof of me citing FantasyPros for anything other than fantasy stats, link it; if not, you are dismissed.

Axe Elf is not only a fraud, but a lousy one at that.

Axe Elf has posted his proof; where's yours?  I'm going to stop short of calling you a fraud and give you the benefit of the doubt as just being confused, but you really need to start substantiating these baseless accusations, or simply go back to focusing on fantasy football instead of this unhealthy obsession with Axe Elf.

Wow.  Axe Elf is clearly delusional.  Unfortunately, my time is limited and I am not going to go through all your threads from the preseason.  Enough people on this Forum have already seen them to know of what I am referencing.  I will thump my chest in comparison to you as the one way to settle an argument was dismissed by your so-called expertise.  You aren't even winning your own challenge...…  Sad.  A hand picked challenge and the person creating isn't winning?  Not a good look. 

Also, please read through your threads, since you have more time than anyone else on this board.  You did rip on Hyde.  Of course, as in all other threads, you simply cannot admit when you've either made a mistake or said something incorrect. 

Considering the other comments people here have made under yours, I am far from being the only one who thinks you are not only a fantasy moron, but boorish and predictable.  In rolling through threads you've posted in, I see a regular line of people who dislike you and your antics.  Does this make us all losers?  lol 

As another poster pointed out last week, you have posted here before, only under a different name.  You've been a troll here for quite some time, but when one schtick gets old, and you've made enough enemies, you switch to a new one.  Very odd that the guy who stuck up for you, in his very first post, stopped posting here the very same day.  Hmmmm, I wonder who that person was....  Couldn't have been another alias of yours, I'm sure. 

It is what it is.  You are a troll with incredibly limited knowledge taken straight from other webpages.  It's ok though.  I understand how any thought of your own isn't possible for an egotist like yourself.  When I have seen you post something without referencing a website, it is typically the crib notes version of what can be found on Fantasy Pros.  If you are going to take on a new alias every year, at least be original.  Bring something new to the table.  You aren't capable of either.  I bet if we told your mom about your antics, she would shut off your wi-fi and start making you go to bed earlier.  How you have time to post your drivel during class time is beyond me.  I recall being in Third Grade and we always had activities to do.  It's a shame your school is so different. 

Some people would prefer to just keep their mouth shut and let people think they are an idiot.  You have to open yours and prove it. 

Old Business:  No proof of any assertions confusedly attributed to Axe Elf.  I thought not.  Dismissed.

New Business:  

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

As another poster pointed out last week, you have posted here before, only under a different name.  You've been a troll here for quite some time, but when one schtick gets old, and you've made enough enemies, you switch to a new one.  Very odd that the guy who stuck up for you, in his very first post, stopped posting here the very same day.  Hmmmm, I wonder who that person was....  Couldn't have been another alias of yours, I'm sure.

If you have proof of Axe Elf posting under a pseudonym, please provide it.  Otherwise, this will go in the ever-growing file cabinet of baseless accusations against Axe Elf, and you will be summarily dismissed as you were on all previous accusations.  It would make no sense for a fantasy football icon like Axe Elf to post under an alias; it would dilute the Æ™ brand.

Besides, Axe Elf makes no enemies; he only makes fantasy football Champions out of his students.  Sometimes people make themselves enemies of Axe Elf, but then, every league needs a few also-rans to go along with its Champion.

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It is what it is.  You are a troll with incredibly limited knowledge taken straight from other webpages.  It's ok though.  I understand how any thought of your own isn't possible for an egotist like yourself.  When I have seen you post something without referencing a website, it is typically the crib notes version of what can be found on Fantasy Pros.  If you are going to take on a new alias every year, at least be original.  Bring something new to the table.  You aren't capable of either.  I bet if we told your mom about your antics, she would shut off your wi-fi and start making you go to bed earlier.  How you have time to post your drivel during class time is beyond me.  I recall being in Third Grade and we always had activities to do.  It's a shame your school is so different. 

Some people would prefer to just keep their mouth shut and let people think they are an idiot.  You have to open yours and prove it. 

When people stop presenting evidence and resort to ad hominem attacks, it is a clear sign that they have lost the debate.

In the absence of any further evidence, you are dismissed.  You can even have the last word.

Go...

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Old Business:  No proof of any assertions confusedly attributed to Axe Elf.  I thought not.  Dismissed.

New Business:  

If you have proof of Axe Elf posting under a pseudonym, please provide it.  Otherwise, this will go in the ever-growing file cabinet of baseless accusations against Axe Elf, and you will be summarily dismissed as you were on all previous accusations.  It would make no sense for a fantasy football icon like Axe Elf to post under an alias; it would dilute the Æ™ brand.

Besides, Axe Elf makes no enemies; he only makes fantasy football Champions out of his students.  Sometimes people make themselves enemies of Axe Elf, but then, every league needs a few also-rans to go along with its Champion.

When people stop presenting evidence and resort to ad hominem attacks, it is a clear sign that they have lost the debate.

In the absence of any further evidence, you are dismissed.  You can even have the last word.

Go...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.  You have nothing other than this?  I have not the time to review all your posts, so I'm incorrect?  LOL  My apologies for being at work.  It is the only time I get on this website.  Researching your bogus posts is not part of my planned day.  Considering the number of people who have made the EXACT same comments about you as I have, I am quite certain what I posted is true.

Fantasy Football Icon?  I play in some of the largest money leagues going.  I've never ran across Axe Elf.  Not once.  Are you more popular in the free leagues?  Maybe I've just missed you.

League Champion?  I made you an offer to assert your claims of being the best.  I think I'm an above average fantasy player, but not the best.  Boy, I'd sure like to wager about $1k and see who comes out on top.  You refused the wager the first time, but I'm thinking it should be easy money for you.  How about we do that and let FFToday hold the money until it's time for you to pay?  How much evidence do I need when the supposed "best ever" and "fantasy football champion" refuses to accept a wager?  I'm thinking you must be absolutely loaded with all your fantasy winnings, so a small wager like ours shouldn't lighten your pockets any. 

Debate?  This is fantasy football, not exactly debate worthy.  Besides, since you only copy and paste from other sources, why would anyone want to debate with you online?  It would be an exercise in futility.  Having a battle of wits with an unarmed person is difficult.  A debate in person, hey, I'm all for that.  You are a typical keyboard warrior though.  Hide behind your computer, not willing to actually risk anything. 

As for the pseudonym, again, you didn't read.  It was pointed out by someone else.  I agree wholeheartedly, but one person pointed it out and others agreed.  Maybe someone working here can pull up your IP Address and run a comparison?  I believe we would find you to be at least several other names posting here.  Like I said, it isn't only me who has caught on to you.  Many have.  They choose to ignore your idiocy as someone like you only wants attention. 

In fact, you posted this just Tuesday.  AFTER I said Guice wouldn't do anything in 2019 and he's a major injury risk.  You are an idiot.  Plain and simple.  There is the easiest proof you have no clue what you are talking about. 

AxeElf    39

• FF Geek
  • AxeElf
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Assuming you have at least one scrub on your roster who ISN'T a starting skill player in the NFL, definitely drop him for Guice.

Old business:  Jeez, I even gave you the last word in the previous debate, and you squandered it on everything but evidence.  Dismissed.

New business:

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Assuming you have at least one scrub on your roster who ISN'T a starting skill player in the NFL, definitely drop him for Guice.

Here is the OP question:

The question was if Guice was worth a stash for later in the year, not if he should be picked up to start this weekend.

Axe Elf's impeccable advice was to go ahead and stash him for later in the year, if the OP has at least one scrub on their roster who ISN'T a starting skill player in the NFL.

It's interesting that you were able to allocate some of the time you are admittedly stealing from your employer to find an Axe Elf post to take out of context, since you don't have any said time for reviewing Axe Elf posts that you say would prove your baseless accusations.

Any other nonsense I can correct for you?  If not, I'll let you have the last word again.

Go...

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Old business:  Jeez, I even gave you the last word in the previous debate, and you squandered it on everything but evidence.  Dismissed.

New business:

Here is the OP question:

The question was if Guice was worth a stash for later in the year, not if he should be picked up to start this weekend.

Axe Elf's impeccable advice was to go ahead and stash him for later in the year, if the OP has at least one scrub on their roster who ISN'T a starting skill player in the NFL.

It's interesting that you were able to allocate some of the time you are admittedly stealing from your employer to find an Axe Elf post to take out of context, since you don't have any said time for reviewing Axe Elf posts that you say would prove your baseless accusations.

Any other nonsense I can correct for you?  If not, I'll let you have the last word again.

Go...

You forgot to mention the part where I clearly listed his injury history and stated he would not be worth owning.  It doesn't matter if it is for now or later in the year.  You ignore injuries altogether, which makes me believe you are either a first year player with an attitude or just stupid.  You cannot tear both ACL's, injure your hamstring (they go hand in hand with an ACL injury) and then "hurt" your meniscus and expect to be back later in the year.  I assumed the Meniscus was torn when the report came out.  You don't miss time because of a "sore" Meniscus.  lol  Combined with his other injuries, this guy should be a solid NO for any owner.  Go ahead and stash him though.  After so many lower leg surgeries, each making it easier to tear again once they've been repaired, he's fool's gold.  I'm also saying this as a Guice fan.  I think he's super talented and seems like a good kid.  Injuries are injuries.  Just like when you rip on Dalvin Cook.  No one can predict an ACL injury.  Outside of AP, most players coming back from one suffer a setback with either a hamstring or calf injury as they are overcompensating.  You say Cook won't play past week 4.  You've said it several times.  Are you still jealous that because you can't stand me,  you feel the need to criticize every good point I've made on the boards?  lol   I'll take that as a compliment.  A great number of people here drafted him and have confidence.  You mocked him and now you root against him.  Rooting for anyone to get injured makes you a solid POS. 

Yes, I'm stealing time from my employer.  I have an 90 minutes during the day (lunch/breaks) to use however I see fit.  I typically use it here.  I don't stay on the site all day.  Most of the time I work from home and I use my personal laptop, not my company laptop.  Thank you for playing though.  And yes, I absolutely do not have time to chase your incorrect posts all over the board.  You see, as explained before, I have little time left to do much of anything.  This does provide me humor though, so it's worth the few minutes each day I give it. 

I've also noticed you amazingly skip over anything of importance that is said.  An entire essay could be written and you will choose only one select piece to mock, or send a reply regarding.  Hmmmm….  Me thinks Axe Elf is a She-Elf.  One that talks the talk, but absolutely can't walk the walk. 

59 minutes ago, knight11e said:

Will you two bone already and get it over with?

Ok, but I'm pitching...