Sign in to follow this  
Kevinv86

Thielen and Diggs

42 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Ok, but I'm pitching...

You look like a power bottom...

On 9/12/2019 at 9:16 AM, oldtimer said:

I'd take Kupp.  Both have issues you can compare.  Diggs is now in what appears to be a flat out run first offense.  His numbers are going to dip.  Kupp is coming off a major injury and the Rams offensive line lost 2 starters in the offseason, so more quick passes than downfield throws early in the season.  I would take Kupp as he was the #2 fantasy WR in PPR formats prior to his injury last season.  He will improve as the season goes along.  We just don't know which of Diggs / Thielen will be the one WR on the Vikings to make some noise.  I don't see them both being great this season, and have a feeling one of them will have been drafted 3 rounds higher than he should of. 

I just traded away Diggs. It’s not game 1, it’s the last 6 weeks of last year also, and Kubiak. There will be games I regret it - Diggs is a genuine WR1 talent - But this offense is clearly committed to the run. Drafting Mattison and his effectiveness just cements it. And there’s the usual split with Thielen to boot.

Kupp returns to his old role in the same system and he’ll be back to his usual self soon enough.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 7:55 AM, Kevinv86 said:

What is everyone thoughts about Thielen and Diggs?  News all off season was Minn wanted to run the ball a lot and week 1 that is exactly what they did.  Is it time to panic or just say its one bad game.  Pretty much asking because I was offered Diggs for Kupp in PPR.  I have Kupp

This is not a one week thing Kevin Stefanski was the OC for the last 3 games last year. I had Thielen last year and his production dropped immediately under Kevin Stefanski. That is why I stayed away from both WR this year. I’m not saying they won’t have good years, but don’t expect numbers like the first 13 games last year. 

4 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

This is not a one week thing Kevin Stefanski was the OC for the last 3 games last year. I had Thielen last year and his production dropped immediately under Kevin Stefanski. That is why I stayed away from both WR this year. I’m not saying they won’t have good years, but don’t expect numbers like the first 13 games last year. 

I agree with this, also why I stayed away from Cousins and put Mattison on nearly all of my rosters. I think the Vikings ask Cousins to be a game manager, and go run heavy... cook should beast, but I don't think he can stay healthy for the full season... IMO Mattison can be a league winner

Sorry for the threadjack