Sign in to follow this  
Armchairwarrior

Trade value of Tyreek Hill

Guy in my league has the good fortune of owning both Tyreek and AB.  So yeah he's a bit desperate.  Has anyone made any offers for Tyreek.  I'm trying to guage what others consider as decent value.

7 minutes ago, Armchairwarrior said:

Guy in my league has the good fortune of owning both Tyreek and AB.  So yeah he's a bit desperate.  Has anyone made any offers for Tyreek.  I'm trying to guage what others consider as decent value.

According to the trade value chart on CBSsportsline Hill is around the value of RB's Kerryon Johnson, Mark Ingram, Josh Jacobs and slightly higher than D. Freeman and A. Eckler. At WR: A. Cooper, A. Theilien, and Sammy Watkins.TE's Ertz and Engram. All Qb's.

I think given his situation you could try the 2 for 1 thing.  Hes still the 37th overall rated player this year on the site I'm using.  But you might be able to pair up some WR's or a WR/RB deal depending on your depth.

Something like Godwin / A. Robinson / M. Williams level player  + Landry / Jeffery / Jackson / Ross level player or RB's in the Duke Johnson / P. Lindsay / D. Williams range.  Basically a low end WR2 + a low end WR3/ WR4 or a low end RB2 / RB3.

That would give him 2 players who could be plugged into his lineup immediately and in 4-6 weeks you get a WR1.  Just depends on if you have the depth to do it, but he's got to be desperate as that's had to be at least his 2nd and 3rd round picks.

3 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Crap.  I have Hill.  Here come the vultures 

I've got him too.  Obviously I wouldn't accept the deal I outlined above, but I'm not down my 2nd and 3rd pick to start the year either.  That's a desperate place to be.  If you've got Hill and don't have other holes in your roster, you're still treating him like a low end WR 1 when evaluating trade offers.

Well right now his value is quite low. Like maybe an RB3? That said nobody’s going to bail on him like that, having just spent a top pick to get him. So I don’t see a lot of room for movement unless he’s part of a bigger package.

What I'm seeing is that he's out 4-6 weeks.  There's a fairly consistent history of this type of injury being in that window.  If they thought it was 7+ they've have put him on IR.  I actually have both Hill and Eckler and I wouldn't deal Eckler right now for a player not playing  for 4 weeks.  I also wouldn't trade Hill for anything less than a solid RB2.   

I get all this Ekler love after his big week 1, but if and when Gordon reports ekler's value will be half what it is now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I get all this Ekler love after his big week 1, but if and when Gordon reports ekler's value will be half what it is now.

So Ekeler will only get 16.7 PPR ppg when Gordon is back?  I can live with that...

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So Ekeler will only get 16.7 PPR ppg when Gordon is back?  I can live with that...

I meant trade value, but well played sir...

52 minutes ago, eagles115 said:

Gordon isnt returning

Somewhere around Week 6 to Week 8, he says.  But of course he could change his mind.

Bell kept saying he was returning also. 

He never did. 

I think if Ekeler keeps churning it out, Who cares if Gordon returns. 

59 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Bell kept saying he was returning also. 

He never did. 

I think if Ekeler keeps churning it out, Who cares if Gordon returns. 

No, Bell owners kept saying (hoping) he would return, and he never did.

The Chargers DON'T care if Gordon comes back; they won't negotiate any further until after the season is over, but Gordon says he is coming back sometime in Weeks 6-8.

Of course, he could change his mind.

No, Bell did keep saying he was going to return, but he didn’t, but when you go back and review what Bell said, and you should , he did mention it a few times when he was going to return  

Hey thanks for the reply, keep on trying, or improving all the time  

51 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No, Bell did keep saying he was going to return, but he didn’t, but when you go back and review what Bell said, and you should , he did mention it a few times when he was going to return

I think you have Bell confused with his hopeful owners.  Bell was always pretty adamant about sitting out unless he got the contract he wanted, but people kept drafting him anyway--and then they got stuck with him because they hadn't listened to what he was saying--or hadn't believed him, anyway.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I think you have Bell confused with his hopeful owners.  Bell was always pretty adamant about sitting out unless he got the contract he wanted, but people kept drafting him anyway--and then they got stuck with him because they hadn't listened to what he was saying--or hadn't believed him, anyway.

Bell DID claim he was returning last season.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/when-will-leveon-bell-come-back-to-steelers-rb-flips-plans-doesnt-show-up-for-bye-week/  You can Google this and there are 100 links showing where he plainly stated he would return prior to week 7 and wanted to help the Steelers win a Superbowl.  It wasn't just hopeful owners.  The wise thing to do was avoid him altogether, but from the preseason until November, Bell himself made many comments to sportscasters that he would be returning. 

To be clear,  The Chargers are currently fine with the RB's they have.  Thus the lack of any real attempt to negotiate with Gordon.  They don't care if he shows up and they were only willing to sign him on their terms.  He has to show up around week 8 or so to accrue a year to become a FA.  However, if the Chargers get a viable offer for him between now and then they'll trade him.  They'll get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him if he leaves so that's likely their real asking price despite what they are saying publicly.  Make no mistake though, he is not part of their long term plan at the position.  I think that they are using the time he holds out and waiting for a team with RB injuries to get a bit more desperate an hopefully get a 2nd rounder for him. 

I think the odds are 50/50 he never plays another down for the Chargers.  As mentioned above, Ekeler was a viable RB2 last year when Gordon played so no knowledgeable Ekeler owner is really worried about his production in either scenario.  The only concern I have is if he can handle the volume he got last week on a consistent basis.  I'm assuming they'd rather use Jackson a bit more if they can.

50 minutes ago, shutdown said:

To be clear,  The Chargers are currently fine with the RB's they have.  Thus the lack of any real attempt to negotiate with Gordon.  They don't care if he shows up and they were only willing to sign him on their terms.  He has to show up around week 8 or so to accrue a year to become a FA.  However, if the Chargers get a viable offer for him between now and then they'll trade him.  They'll get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him if he leaves so that's likely their real asking price despite what they are saying publicly.  Make no mistake though, he is not part of their long term plan at the position.  I think that they are using the time he holds out and waiting for a team with RB injuries to get a bit more desperate an hopefully get a 2nd rounder for him. 

I think the odds are 50/50 he never plays another down for the Chargers.  As mentioned above, Ekeler was a viable RB2 last year when Gordon played so no knowledgeable Ekeler owner is really worried about his production in either scenario.  The only concern I have is if he can handle the volume he got last week on a consistent basis.  I'm assuming they'd rather use Jackson a bit more if they can.

Agreed.