Sign in to follow this  
Phil Simms 11

Preston Williams - UPDATE - Torn ACL

Anybody pick him up?

1) Look at the receivers on Miami, it is not difficult to envision him taking over as #1. Hurns is still in the league? Devante Parker busts every year. Grant is a gadget player. Albert Wilson can't stay healthy

2) Miami defense is horrid, they will be playing from behind a bunch

3) He was an UDFA due to off field issues, flashed in preseason though

Not saying you take him over a Mclaurin or Brown, but in deeper leagues those guys are taken and I have picked up Preston. May not be an immediate payoff but I expect increased reps over time

I took him in redraft. I love what I see from the guy. He almost had a second td. Fitzy P is going to be chucking it to Preston constantly. 

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I took him in redraft. I love what I see from the guy. He almost had a second td. Fitzy P is going to be chucking it to Preston constantly. 

And that was on 21 offensive snaps

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts?team=MIA&week=ALL&position=WR&year=2019&op=Submit&form_build_id=form-9ZBPhd8F4iv6MgifHhkkxDnK_yyaLe1gjuv7Fwr2euE&form_id=fo_stats_snap_counts_form

That should be going up, at the expense of any of those others listed. 

The Dolphins aren’t playing this season, so no. 

Hes available in my dynasty league. Missed out on McLaurin (my $37 bid was beat by a $52 bid). Think I may grab him and drop Jaylen Samuels since I only have him as a handcuff.

My other RBs: Kamara, Cook, Connor, and Mattison.

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think they are going to still play all 15 remaining games. And lose most or all of them. 

Preston is going to be a garbage time hero

4 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Dynasty I would definitely try to roster him more than redraft. 

Just grabbed him. Let Samuels go. Rest of the WRs in Miami have not proven a thing in their careers so why not take a chance on him. See what happens.

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Did they forfeit the season and will no longer play against anyone? How will the NFL handle the schedule now? 

Williams would have a lot more appeal on any other team.  His highlights are awesome, and he may indeed end up being the #1 WR for the Dolphins as the year goes on.

But then, that's probably about like being the #1 WR for the Redskins last year...

Josh Doctson led the team's WRs in receptions (44), yards (532), and TDs (2).

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Williams would have a lot more appeal on any other team.  His highlights are awesome, and he may indeed end up being the #1 WR for the Dolphins as the year goes on.

But then, that's probably about like being the #1 WR for the Redskins last year...

valid point. 

and this team is not as good as the redskins were last year.

(yes,  Redskins were bad, but this year I figure Miami might be a candidate for an 0-16 year.   That's a whole different level of bad)

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

They had terrible receiving talent. I’m banking on Preston being more talented, however Miami is going to be worse so may balance out. 

28 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

They had terrible receiving talent. I’m banking on Preston being more talented, however Miami is going to be worse so may balance out. 

They had Jamison Crowder, who is currently tearing it up with Sam Darnold as his QB.

Granted, he only played in 9 games last year, but even if you prorate his 29 receptions for 388 yards and 2 TDs to a full 16 games, it's only 52 receptions for 690 yards and 4 TDs that he would have had with the Redskins' team.

He's currently on pace for 224 receptions and 1,584 yards in NY (though no TDs).

And even if Preston has Randy Moss talent, he doesn't have a QB, a line to protect the QB, or a running game to keep defenders honest.  Miami is just a dumpster fire until further notice.

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

They had Jamison Crowder, who is currently tearing it up with Sam Darnold as his QB.

Granted, he only played in 9 games last year, but even if you prorate his 29 receptions for 388 yards and 2 TDs to a full 16 games, it's only 52 receptions for 690 yards and 4 TDs that he would have had with the Redskins' team.

He's currently on pace for 224 receptions and 1,584 yards in NY (though no TDs).

And even if Preston has Randy Moss talent, he doesn't have a QB, a line to protect the QB, or a running game to keep defenders honest.  Miami is just a dumpster fire until further notice.

Crowder was misused, I’ve drafted him this year.

1 minute ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Crowder was misused, I’ve drafted him this year.

Agreed, but that's my point.  Preston Williams can have all the talent in the world, but as a rookie member of the 2019 Miami Dolphins, he's not likely to have much, if any, fantasy value.

5 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Think Terell Pryor 2016 Cleveland Browns.

And then he also went to the inept Redskins in 2017 and promptly disappeared.  Another example of the vanishing fantasy value of a talented WR on a dumpster fire team.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

And then he also went to the inept Redskins in 2017 and promptly disappeared.  Another example of the vanishing fantasy value of a talented WR on a dumpster fire team.

2016 Browns were one of the worst teams of all time and produced a 1k receiver. 

I looked that up before picking up Preston. Not likely for your bottom of bench waiver pick to hit, and that holds true for Preston, however he is worthy of a roster spot in deep leagues.

cheers 

3 hours ago, JediMaster said:

Did they forfeit the season and will no longer play against anyone? How will the NFL handle the schedule now? 

Yes unofficially they have.  

When have the team calls their agents after week one wanting off the sinking ship known as the Dolphins. 

Yes 

How does the nfl handle tanking, I don’t know, your guess is as good as mind. 

Thanks for the reply. 

55 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

2016 Browns were one of the worst teams of all time and produced a 1k receiver. 

I looked that up before picking up Preston. Not likely for your waiver pick to hit but and that holds true for Preston, however he is worthy of a roster spot in deep leagues.

cheers 

Agreed, he’s worthy of a dead roster spot, but when do you start him?  

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

That's my fear.  Love the player.   Hate the team.  Especially when the o-line gets fitz killed and the other teams figure out Williams is the only WR threat they have.  I'd have a hard time forecasting anything more than sporadic success for him this year which means he's probably on your bench when he goes off and does nothing when he's in your lineup.

Exactly.  

Thats the biggest problem, is he worth a dead spot on ones bench. 

Because when do you use him, when the team is dead. 

6 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

Still think Parker is the better redraft option and he’s available in many leagues 

:lol: !!! This is the year for Parker, FINALLY

Preston Williams is a prototype #1 WR in the NFL. He had a beautiful toe tap TD on Sunday and if he comes down with the other deep ball he was targeted with in the end zone, he's getting mentioned with all the other rookie WR's in all the waiver wire articles. He's moving up the pecking order by default with Stills getting traded and Albert Wilson already hurt. Parker is still the #1 but does he really impress anyone? The opportunity for garbage time hero is very present for a team that will be down and chucking it a lot. Granted I like his upside more with Fitzpatrick over Rosen but I've got my eye on him as a bench stash. 

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:52 AM, Phil Simms 11 said:

I think they are going to still play all 15 remaining games. And lose most or all of them. 

Preston is going to be a garbage time hero

This -  Outside of garbage time, what has Allen Robinson ever done?  When he was with the Jags, it was the same old story.  HUGE second halves when they were down by 3 TD's.  I don't care how the points are scored, or when.  Preston could be a legitimate 2nd half stud based entirely on how often they will be forced to throw the ball.  Not every defense is the same, but many play that deep zone when they have a massive lead.  He could catch some balls underneath and become fantasy relevant.  Plus, he has good skills, so he could turn those passes into something.  There are many examples of garbage time WR's putting up solid stats.  I'm not saying throw him in your lineup this weekend, but he's definitely worth looking into for the reason Phil Simms 11 posted.  Fitz is also notorious for locking onto one target.  Wilson is a bust people keep expecting something from.  Parker is just a pain in the rear end and the TE can't even spell his own last name.  There is nothing to lose by picking him up if he's available. 

On 9/11/2019 at 11:30 AM, Frozenbeernuts said:

I like him too, that team is tanking, and full of whiners... sign me up for a guy with something to prove catching the rock from a QB that DGAF... 👍

Started him this week, been struggling at WR with Cooks and Sterling. Thought I had a solution here but...

Out for Season 

Nobody has stated the specifics of his knee injury but he is definitely out for the season. I'm sure we'll know more in a bit.

UPDATE: Torn ACL for Williams.

Edited by Mike FF Today

Wow tough situation for that young man. 

I guess if Parker is still available in any ones league pick him up. 

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

Nobody has stated the specifics of his knee injury but he is definitely out for the season. I'm sure we'll know more in a bit.

UPDATE: Torn ACL for Williams.

Maybe update the thread topic re: this Mike?

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Wow tough situation for that young man. 

I guess if Parker is still available in any ones league pick him up. 

I'd agree with this as Fitz has the offense at least somewhat productive.  Phins avg'ing 16pts a game with Fitz at helm.  I know that doesn't sound like a lot but they were avg'ing 6pts per game w/Rosen.

I had to grab Parker due to byes. Good news by default but I still would not start him. He dropped a couple of easy passes as usual this weekend. He doesn't have huff hands but it's not that far off. Maybe lobster claws.