Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

I slipped and fell today

I went to step into my kayak to sit. Half of it was on the bank. The other half in the water. I lost balance and fell into the dugout part and slammed my head. Took a huge gash out of my wrist and landed on my shoulder. It was focking insane. I literally just laid there in the kayak. I thought I broke my shoulder. My wrist was bleeding like I tried to off myself and guess what? The bandaids dont stay on that spot so now its wrapped in gauze. 

So focking stupid. I was just going too fast and wanted to get out on the flat water. Not paying enough attention and not going slow. I was all by myself. No one on the lake or around.  It could have been way worse. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

I went to step into my kayak to sit. Half of it was on the bank. The other half in the water. I lost balance and fell into the dugout part and slammed my head. Took a huge gash out of my wrist and landed on my shoulder. It was focking insane. I literally just laid there in the kayak. I thought I broke my shoulder. My wrist was bleeding like I tried to off myself and guess what? The bandaids dont stay on that spot so now its wrapped in gauze. 

So focking stupid. I was just going too fast and wanted to get out on the flat water. Not paying enough attention and not going slow. I was all by myself. No one on the lake or around.  It could have been way worse. 

Dang man......I hear ya, you gotta take it easy and be super careful when alone. 

I hope you heal quickly and sty out of trouble.

2 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

Ban assault kayaks.

but this wasn't technically an assault kayak.  ban paddles? 

The school I work and live at is a death trap. Really slippery tile everywhere, lots of stairs, and constantly wet either because of rain or the idiot staff hosing it down. All of us have fallen at least once.

Last week, I was walking down out of my apartment building and some chick was lying there holding her head and back. Apparently, she fell, has a spinal injury, and has to spend three weeks on bed rest.

Later the same day, a kid fell down the stairs in the exact same spot.

That evening, the staff put down like 25 watch your step signs, and took a drill or something and scored all the tiles to add texture. Just on that staircase though. None of the 30 others around campus. Those are fine. 

Maybe lay off the weed? It makes you listless and dull. 

What i have noticed is the laundry list of injuries over the years have built up into a situation where I am less and less trusting of my ability to not avoid falling.....😧

My French Bulldog pulls me along when I walk her, and I twisted my ankle and took a tumble.  My ankle wasn’t that bad but had sore ribs for weeks.  When you get old any fall can be a big deal.