Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Better QB rest of the season

I have watched owners drop some QB's that sort of surprised me.  We all need a backup and I like to carry 3 on my roster.  So, who do you think has the best season of the QB's listed below?

Big Ben - An owner dropped him after week one.  The owner has L. Jackson and Kyler Murray.  He's rebuilding currently, so I understand.

Andy Dalton - Gets Green back in a few weeks and the new offense may suit him.

Matt Stafford - Blah

Matt Ryan - Personally, I like him, but his schedule this season is pretty brutal.

Tom Brady - I really liked him until the rape accusations against AB came out.  Without adding AB, I'm not sold on him being inside the top 12 at the end of the season. 

Joe Flacco - He's likely on ever waiver wire. 

Case Keenum - Likely to be supplanted by the rookie at some point, although I think it's a bad idea to put a rookie behind that offensive line.

Ryan and Brady. 

43 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

We all need a backup and I like to carry 3 on my roster. 

Unless you're in a really large league or a superflex league, it's silly to carry more than 1 QB on your roster, when QBs are a dime a dozen, and 2 or 3 of every week's top 10 QBs can be found on the waiver wire prior to the start of that week's games.  It's like carrying 3 kickers.

Of those you mentioned, Ryan, Dalton, Stafford and Flacco have the most season-long potential.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Unless you're in a really large league or a superflex league, it's silly to carry more than 1 QB on your roster, when QBs are a dime a dozen, and 2 or 3 of every week's top 10 QBs can be found on the waiver wire prior to the start of that week's games.  It's like carrying 3 kickers.

Of those you mentioned, Ryan, Dalton, Stafford and Flacco have the most season-long potential.

These are incredibly large leagues, compared to what I see posted.  This one has a 25 man roster, not including the Taxi and IR slots.  The only QB's on the waiver wire currently are Keenum and the kid in Jax.  I just picked up Big Ben. Andrew Luck was my QB.  I didn't release him, but put him on my Taxi Squad in case he opts to return next season.  I was down to only Rivers, who has multiple injuries to deal with this week and Darnold, who now has Mono.  Because we receive 6 points for passing TD's, QB's are at a premium.  The only person carrying only 2 QB's in the league is the Mahomes owner.  His backup is Carson Wentz, so he's doing ok there.  lol

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

These are incredibly large leagues, compared to what I see posted.  This one has a 25 man roster, not including the Taxi and IR slots.  The only QB's on the waiver wire currently are Keenum and the kid in Jax.  I just picked up Big Ben. Andrew Luck was my QB.  I didn't release him, but put him on my Taxi Squad in case he opts to return next season.  I was down to only Rivers, who has multiple injuries to deal with this week and Darnold, who now has Mono.  Because we receive 6 points for passing TD's, QB's are at a premium.  The only person carrying only 2 QB's in the league is the Mahomes owner.  His backup is Carson Wentz, so he's doing ok there.  lol

Then why are you babbling about watching owners dropping Big Ben and asking us to rank waiver wire pickups like Matt Ryan?

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Then why are you babbling about watching owners dropping Big Ben and asking us to rank waiver wire pickups like Matt Ryan?

You can't read, can you?  I never once said Ryan was a waiver wire pickup or that he was on the wire.  Not once.  Please read a post before commenting.  Ryan is someone that was offered to me in a trade.  I declined as Ben was on the wire. 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

You can't read, can you?  I never once said Ryan was a waiver wire pickup or that he was on the wire.  Not once.  Please read a post before commenting.  Ryan is someone that was offered to me in a trade.  I declined as Ben was on the wire. 

You implied that all the QBs you listed were available to you, and that owners in your league were dropping QBs all willy-nilly; now you say that Keenum and Minshew are the only QBs on your waiver wire.

I'm beginning to get the impression that you are not a poster who can benefit from Axe Elf's tutelage.

37 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You implied that all the QBs you listed were available to you, and that owners in your league were dropping QBs all willy-nilly; now you say that Keenum and Minshew are the only QBs on your waiver wire.

I'm beginning to get the impression that you are not a poster who can benefit from Axe Elf's tutelage.

I implied nothing.  You are simply an idiot.  I said only ONE owner dropped a QB.  You're not just an idiot, but a troll with reading comprehension issues. 

Tutelage?  LOL  I've read your posts my friend.  You are a troll with extremely limited actual football knowledge.

For me, it's also Brady and Ryan.

Brady looked amazeballs and Ryan should rebound, too much talent not to.

Although if Jameis is available...take that fella over them all....lol.

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I have watched owners drop some QB's that sort of surprised me.  We all need a backup and I like to carry 3 on my roster.  So, who do you think has the best season of the QB's listed below?

Big Ben - An owner dropped him after week one.  The owner has L. Jackson and Kyler Murray.  He's rebuilding currently, so I understand.

Matt Stafford - Blah

Matt Ryan - Personally, I like him, but his schedule this season is pretty brutal.

Tom Brady - I really liked him until the rape accusations against AB came out.  Without adding AB, I'm not sold on him being inside the top 12 at the end of the season. 

Case Keenum - Likely to be supplanted by the rookie at some point, although I think it's a bad idea to put a rookie behind that offensive line.

Your best options appear to be 

Big Ben

Matt Ryan

Brady

and Stafford

(in that order)

I have Brady and Matt Ryan pretty close due to the AB acquisition with Matt Ryan getting the Nod due to Brady's advanced age (which i view as a negative)

That being said, that is personal preference of mine.

The reality:  Brady and Ryan are close enough in my projections I'd just say to pick the one you like best.

• Like 1

i like axe. he contributes but this vitriol is off putting and i would vote we tone it down and win together. look bros im not in leagues with you and vice versa but if we cant differ and dicker without being dicks then what are we doing?

What are you doing? 

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:18 AM, AxeElf said:

I tend to agree with you generally, but I also think that is somewhat league dependent.  I am in a 10 team standard league with 9 roster spots on the bench and while I disagree with it, most other teams carry at least 2 and some carry 3 on their rosters, so carrying more than 1 makes some sense due to the lack of options on waivers.  I will personally never, ever carry 3 but in this league I carry 2...and its a good thing I am with Cam Newton being one of those two and Dalton being the best available on Waivers.

Just now, pabstbluribbin said:

I tend to agree with you generally, but I also think that is somewhat league dependent.  I am in a 10 team standard league with 9 roster spots on the bench and while I disagree with it, most other teams carry at least 2 and some carry 3 on their rosters, so carrying more than 1 makes some sense due to the lack of options on waivers.  I will personally never, ever carry 3 but in this league I carry 2...and its a good thing I am with Cam Newton being one of those two and Dalton being the best available on Waivers.

Looks like Dalton is going to throw circles around Cam this season.

I recommend making the change before Dalton is no longer available.

Our league taco drafted Jameis Winston round 6 and dropped him before the game yesterday. Tacos lack understanding of value concepts. 

48 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Our league taco drafted Jameis Winston round 6 and dropped him before the game yesterday. Tacos lack understanding of value concepts. 

He sounds like some of the folks I drafted with.  After all the Winston hype the final couple weeks of the preseason, I saw him going off the board as the 6th QB in some drafts.  It amazed me.  In one, I got over a round later than Winston was drafted.  I'm not sure if you all saw it, but there was a video from some fantasy website where the three "experts" predicted Winston would finish as a top 3-5 fantasy QB, at worst and that both WR's would finish in the top 10, with over 100 receptions each.  Then they went on to discuss how OJ should be the 4th TE drafted.  I believe it was within a few days of that video that Winston's stock just went through the roof. 

I like Brady.  I think NE has weapons and Brady will want to prove himself as still being in the MVP conversation. 

Not sure what you mean about ATL having a brutal schedule.  Ryan operates best indoors and he plays indoors a lot this season.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:32 AM, oldtimer said:

Matt Stafford - Blah

I would rank them: Brady, Ryan, Big Ben, Dalton, Stafford, Flacco, Keenum

Brady looked terrific last week, without AB.  If/when AB plays, Brady will slice up opposing defenses.

Ryan has grreat weapons, but this might just be an off year for Matty Ice.

I think Big Ben recovers from last weeks debacle, we wiill see.

Dalton looked pretty good last week under the new coaching staff.  When Green comes back, this might just be Dalton's year.

Stafford does not excite me, although he could be a decent streamer.

Flacco and Keenum = MEH