Sign in to follow this  
Phil Simms 11

Leveon Bell - MRI today

Coach Adam Gase told reporters that Le'Veon Bell (shoulder) won't practice Thursday and will get an MRI.

The Jets are falling apart at the seams, as Sam Darnold (mono) has been ruled out for Week 2 and it appears that could be in Bell's potential range of outcomes as well. At the very least, it seems unlikely that Bell will play 100% of the Jets' offensive snaps Monday night against the Browns like he did in Week 1. Ty Montgomery is Bell's handcuff and would instantly be elevated into the RB2 conversation if Bell ultimately misses action.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/11417/leveon-bell

I didn't target Bell at all for this reason. He still might have a great year, but dude has been out for a while playing on his jet ski. Sucks for owners as it's a Monday night game and who knows if he becomes a game time decision?

54 minutes ago, sderk said:

I didn't target Bell at all for this reason. He still might have a great year, but dude has been out for a while playing on his jet ski. Sucks for owners as it's a Monday night game and who knows if he becomes a game time decision?

I also avoided him.  There are too many verifiable reports of players missing time and getting injured upon return.  I admire the Cowboys for limiting Zeke and understanding he needs time to get back into game shape. 

Ty Montgomery becomes a good speculative add if he's out there....

For Ty Montgomery, unless you have Bell, I'm not sure he's going of much value this week. They play on Monday night and Darnold is out so we'll need to know Sunday morning and the opportunity may not be all that great. A starting running back always has some value, but I'm not rushing to add Montgomery unless it's a multi week injury.

3 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

For Ty Montgomery, unless you have Bell, I'm not sure he's going of much value this week. They play on Monday night and Darnold is out so we'll need to know Sunday morning and the opportunity may not be all that great. A starting running back always has some value, but I'm not rushing to add Montgomery unless it's a multi week injury.

All you said is correct. I just always keep a floating bench spot available that I churn players with potential, due to injury to starters, etc. Dropped Darwin Thompson for Ty, on the outside chance that Bell's injury is multi-week. Not expecting anything. 

If we hear that Bell is fine, I will probably re-add Darwin. Doubt anyone will be racing out to snipe him.

11 minutes ago, stonewall said:

All you said is correct. I just always keep a floating bench spot available that I churn players with potential, due to injury to starters, etc. Dropped Darwin Thompson for Ty, on the outside chance that Bell's injury is multi-week. Not expecting anything. 

If we hear that Bell is fine, I will probably re-add Darwin. Doubt anyone will be racing out to snipe him.

Did the same thing for the same reason.  Plus it puts the Bell owner in a tough spot.  I dont know what this injury could be and I doubt it is multi week.  If it is then I'd try to pair Monte plus a player for someone I find valuable. 

18 minutes ago, stonewall said:

I certainly think he's worth a stash, but mainly I wanted to pointing out his game is on Monday, which people need to factor in. It was probably mentioned above, but I was just skimming through most of this thread and thought I'd add my .02.

32 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

I certainly think he's worth a stash, but mainly I wanted to pointing out his game is on Monday, which people need to factor in. It was probably mentioned above, but I was just skimming through most of this thread and thought I'd add my .02.

That's a good point. I moved Bell into Flex just now so I can delay my decision or pick up emergency player Monday if must be.

Montgomery was drafted by someone else and still rostered. 

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I also avoided him.  There are too many verifiable reports of players missing time and getting injured upon return.  I admire the Cowboys for limiting Zeke and understanding he needs time to get back into game shape. 

True, but it didn't hurt that the Cowboys were up 21-7 at half and 35-10 in the 3rd quarter. The Giants are not in the same class as Dallas this year. I almost said the Giants are not in the same league as Dallas, but, literally they are. :dunno:

• Like 1

I don't own Montgomery, but with Bell having a shoulder ache and Enunwa out for the season, is there any chance he's used on the opposite side as sort of a second slot WR?  Robby is still hurting and Thomas is a possession WR at this point.  Gase isn't exactly known for his great scheming, but it seems if you had him in the backfield with Bell, let him run to one side and Bell up the middle, you'd have some options to loosen up the pass rush a bit. 

Just realized this thread was for the previous time Bell got an MRI. Still worth bumping up that title, since it's newly relevant.

Anyway, reports today that Jets are signing a RB, which would seem to be bad news for Bell's availability this week.

Much ado about nothing per rotoworld, via adam Schefter:

Initially thought to be called up to cover for Le'Veon Bell (knee), Schefter reports that Adams was added to the 53-man roster because another team — perhaps the divisional foe Dolphins who just lost Mark Walton for the next four games — wanted to sign him. Bell is reportedly "good" and dealing with an injury that is "not something significant." The team will release Bell's MRI results soon enough, but all signs suddenly point to the costly free agent acquisition suiting up for Week 10 against the Giants.

• Like 1

I think Ty Montgomery hobbled off hurt .... Powell may be the guy to get for Monday if Bell sits. 

I traded lev D.J. Moore and engram today for kamara woods and breida

wanted to get my surefire rb1 and lev screams of risk. Knee potential issue plus an anemic offense = no thank you

Whos your te now? 

Picked up Powell as a purely speculative play.  He could be in line for a huge workload this weekend if Bell were to be out.

17 minutes ago, dog19 said:

Picked up Powell as a purely speculative play.  He could be in line for a huge workload this weekend if Bell were to be out.

A lot of people probably wasted good FAAB money/waiver positions on Kalen Ballage this week through the same kind of fool's gold thinking, but the truth is that a RB getting 20 carries at 2.0 yards per carry really isn't worth rostering.

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

A lot of people probably wasted good FAAB money/waiver positions on Kalen Ballage this week through the same kind of fool's gold thinking, but the truth is that a RB getting 20 carries at 2.0 yards per carry really isn't worth rostering.

I spent $0 on Powell, picked him up as a free agent. If he doesn't start this week, no harm no foul.

9 minutes ago, dog19 said:

I spent $0 on Powell, picked him up as a free agent. If he doesn't start this week, no harm no foul.

You spent whatever player you dropped on him.

I just don't think that a scrub like Powell on a team where a RB of Bell's caliber is already struggling is an attractive start--even if Bell were to be out.  Just like Kalen Ballage and his 2.0 yards per carry isn't going to be an attractive fantasy option, even if he IS the one getting 20 carries a game now.

40 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You spent whatever player you dropped on him.

I just don't think that a scrub like Powell on a team where a RB of Bell's caliber is already struggling is an attractive start--even if Bell were to be out.  Just like Kalen Ballage and his 2.0 yards per carry isn't going to be an attractive fantasy option, even if he IS the one getting 20 carries a game now.

I dropped Diontae Johnson for him, and I have a ton of WR depth.  The Jets play the Giants this week by the way.

Honestly, at this point I'm starting to hope he sits and gets right so I don't have to make a decision on him vs. Singletary (we can only start two RBs and I have Ingram locked in at the other spot). If he plays I have to sweat out the possibility of him being limited and/or aggravating the injury.

7 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Honestly, at this point I'm starting to hope he sits and gets right so I don't have to make a decision on him vs. Singletary

Personally, playing against the Browns this week, I would consider Singletary a must-start after his coming-out party last week in which he amassed 23 touches.

7 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Personally, playing against the Browns this week, I would consider Singletary a must-start after his coming-out party last week in which he amassed 23 touches.

I'm getting there, although I feel like everyone is a little too confident that last week signaled a true changing of the guard for the Buffalo backfield. It may have, and I hope it did, but I don't know it for certain just yet.

45 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I'm getting there, although I feel like everyone is a little too confident that last week signaled a true changing of the guard for the Buffalo backfield. It may have, and I hope it did, but I don't know it for certain just yet.

That's actually understandable. Gore is the dinosaur that simply refuses to go away.

It did. 

Singletary is the rb1. 

21 minutes ago, weepaws said:

It did. 

Singletary is the rb1. 

I hope you’re right, but unless your name is Sean MacDermott, I’m still withholding judgment

Jr. 

Last three games he’s outscored Gore, 32-10 and that’s in non ppr, even higher value in ppr. 

No question he’s the better player, and he’s the one to own. 

Nice trade, and thanks.