Sign in to follow this  
Charlottesville judge rules Confederate statues will stay...

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

phantom citizens of nothingness

Good band name. I’m thinking a cross between Yes and Spinal Tap. 

hussain obama and his husband in high heels offend me to the point of ptsd. I want them removed from Martha's Vinyard. Send them to the middle east so I can feel comfortable again.

2 hours ago, sderk said:

hussain obama and his husband in high heels offend me to the point of ptsd. I want them removed from Martha's Vinyard. Send them to the middle east so I can feel comfortable again.

You jest, but this is effectively the mantra of the left....and it is some scary sh!t

9 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Still waiting for Crack to answer this...what were we until we became the United States?  We didnt have a transitional period where we were just phantom citizens of nothingness. We took up arms against the British crown. We belonged to them, just resided in a colony.

It's not hard. I'm sure the British saw us as traitors. :dunno:. Just like I see the southern forces as traitors. 

15 minutes ago, crackattack said:

It's not hard. I'm sure the British saw us as traitors. :dunno:. Just like I see the southern forces as traitors. 

Ok.  I was just kinda perplexed with the Ukraine/USSR post.

Confederate monuments should be in a museum not on public land. That said I don’t feel too strongly about it since I don’t live in a hillbilly state. :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Confederate monuments should be in a museum not on public land. That said I don’t feel too strongly about it since I don’t live in a hillbilly state. :dunno: 

Why ? Fake hurt feelings from folks who never ever were affected by these statues?

Just now, drobeski said:

Why ? Fake hurt feelings from folks who never ever were affected by these statues?

Because they’re monuments to treason. :dunno: 

• Like 1

I spit out my drink when I ready this doozy:

In its defense, the city had argued preventing the removal of the statues violated the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment by sending a racist message to people of color.

Also, municipalities don't have free speech rights. People do.

35 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think this actually has merit.  When America secured its freedom from England they tore down statues of the kind and actually turned them into rounds for weapons.

It's difficult to defend these statues in general, and nearly impossible to defend them on public land. If they are employed in a manner that is meant to teach rather than celebrate, that helps; or perhaps if they are erected near that individuals place of birth etc.....but again with the intent to teach, and not celebrate.  But its difficult to interpret a status as anything other than to celebrate.

Now if individuals want to erect these things on their own, outside of public land, they should be able to of course.  I would tend to not agree with doing so, but in a free society we cannot tell people what to think or do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Yes you do. 

32 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Thats the new spin ? 

Confederate states wanted to secede from the US. Why should the US honor a movement to leave the US on public land? Put it in a museum where it belongs.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Confederate states wanted to secede from the US. Why should the US honor a movement to leave the US on public land? Put it in a museum where it belongs.

That is up to the community in which those statues reside.

Just now, MDC said:

With a big plaque stating that AND  something along the lines of 'these statues were put up during the Jim Crow era of segregation and the 60's civil rights  to remind uppity negros to remember there place'   

Or are we just going to go with the revisionist fairy-tale of Northern Aggression?

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

they dont want them torn down cause of treason, if that was the initial argument ok

they want them gone cause statues are racist

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

they dont want them torn down cause of treason, if that was the initial argument ok

they want them gone cause statues are racist

I think they should be taken off public land because they represent a secession movement. The confederacy is US history but it doesn’t represent the US. Put it in a museum.

I can’t speak for why other people want them taken down. I think the GOP’s obsession with the confederacy is a little weird though. 

Statues for the guys who lost? Why? When does Jim Kelly get his? 

4 hours ago, RLLD said:

You jest, but this is effectively the mantra of the left....and it is some scary sh!t

It is scary. I can't understand how so many people fall for this type of approach. It's Hitleresque in nature. Or maybe it more Stalinesque considering their early days of political influence.  

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I think they should be taken off public land because they represent a secession movement. The confederacy is US history but it doesn’t represent the US. Put it in a museum.

I can’t speak for why other people want them taken down. I think the GOP’s obsession with the confederacy is a little weird though. 

and I would have been fine with that, if it was the origins of the removal, but its not

I couldn't care less either way, but in today's world where everything is racist, I resist everything that they say is racist, so therefore I am now against removal

3 hours ago, MDC said:

It's amazing how blatant you are with your ignorance.

Oscar Lopez Rivera was a member of the FALN, the Puerto Rican separatist organization that used violence and bombed the Fraunces Tavern in NYC, killing 4 people. He was honored at the Puerto Rican day parade in 2017. Where was the leftist outcry about that? Oh wait, it was leftists honoring him. I don't see much difference between that, which happened onpublic land with public resources, and the statues. Crickets to follow. 

38 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oscar Lopez Rivera was a member of the FALN, the Puerto Rican separatist organization that used violence and bombed the Fraunces Tavern in NYC, killing 4 people. He was honored at the Puerto Rican day parade in 2017. Where was the leftist outcry about that? Oh wait, it was leftists honoring him. I don't see much difference between that, which happened onpublic land with public resources, and the statues. Crickets to follow. 

I don't believe you don't see a difference

10 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Really? Point it out to me. 

Really? Point it out to me. 

Next up, the democrats will want to eliminate the history of how they created, participated in, and funded the KKK. What can you do? :dunno:

You take a shot.  

I'm not the one saying they are dissimilar. It's really on you to show me. I guess you can't.  

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm not the one saying they are dissimilar. It's really on you to show me. I guess you can't.  

you suggested a comparison

24 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

you suggested a comparison

Be gone now, fool 

People defending traitors of the USA 🤣. Next up! London puts up statues of Washington, Jefferson, Adams, etc etc. :lol:

8 hours ago, crackattack said:

People defending traitors of the USA 🤣. Next up! London puts up statues of Washington, Jefferson, Adams, etc etc. :lol:

MAGA

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

When he said it, it sounded good though 

Yeah, it's no wonder so many of them stay out of here and over at the safe space. 

• Like 1

England is a crumbling hellhole because of their policies on healthcare, immigration, gun control etc.

But they got it right on this statue thing. :thumbsup: 

Had no clue they would have a statue of Washington. He was a traitor to the English crown 👍. I still think it's dumb to have one of Washington, the rest I can see. So? I stand corrected. :dunno: