Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Anyone know anyone in the SEO biz?

We currently have a company working for us and have taken us from about page 10-15 on google organic search of our key words to page 2-4.   Average daily location page 3. 

IMO, its page 1 or nothing. And our industry isn't clogged.  It's not like we are trying to get to page 1 as a Milwaukee tool dealer, used car lot, or mail order battery distributor. Its a lot more unique than that. 

Anyone have anyone they use for SEO and have been happy with?

Are Indians (Middle Eastern) better at SEO? (I've heard this from a few people)

That's 90sbaby's exact field.  He should be along shortly.  :thumbsup:

What industry? Wouldn’t really be able to give you a solid answer without knowing that. 

Where you rank is determined by your SERPA score, did he just optimize the website by doing longtail/shorttail? Do you have a blog? Any video content?

And no they do sloppy work, if we are going to stereotype Eastern Europeans do the best SEO work. 

You might want to check out Black Hat World

https://www.blackhatworld.com/forums/

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

What industry? Wouldn’t really be able to give you a solid answer without knowing that. 

Where you rank is determined by your SERPA score, did he just optimize the website by doing longtail/shorttail? Do you have a blog? Any video content?

And no they do sloppy work, if we are going to stereotype Eastern Europeans do the best SEO work. 

You might want to check out Black Hat World

https://www.blackhatworld.com/forums/

They blog, they do social media posts on twitter and facebook, they get people to guest blog, they've done youtube videos, but those appear to be the least effective of their methods. We just had a phone review with them, as we mentioned we may be looking at other options.   

So this is what you do? SEO ?

22 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

They blog, they do social media posts on twitter and facebook, they get people to guest blog, they've done youtube videos, but those appear to be the least effective of their methods. We just had a phone review with them, as we mentioned we may be looking at other options.   

Do you sell a service or product?

Online or in person?

How long ago were you were ranked on page 10-15? 

Yep, almost ten years now 

19 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Did you put provisions in your contract for getting onto page 1 if that was your expectation?  If not, then shame on you.  

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

Do you sell a service or product?

Online or in person?

How long ago was it you were ranked on page 10-15? 

Yep, almost ten years now 

Its a service.  It is isn't about selling. Its about awareness. So we just want people to know about us.

Online only

10-15 about a year and a half ago.  I just looked now, we are on page 3.  I have seen us on page 2 off and on. 

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Did you put provisions in your contract for getting onto page 1 if that was your expectation?  If not, then shame on you.  

First off, contract with these guys is verbal.  Verbal works with these guys for a number of reasons.  Secondly, from what I know, getting to page 1, can never be a guarantee.  If it were, and companies offering it, would have to work for free while attempting to get there. I don't expect anyone to work for free.    We've paid them for about 21 or 22 months on just  a verbal contract.   I mean, if we quit paying, they quit doing SEO stuff.  If they quit doing SEO stuff....well...that's another problem....how do we know how much they are actually doing?   We had a warm relationship with them before we hired them, so there was some built in trust. 

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Pay Google for a sponsored ad?

I'd rather have organic search returns. I for one, skip over the paid/sponsored hits, and start looking at the first hit that isn't sponsored. 

But, maybe that is the way to go. Maybe that's better than SEO. 

18 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Its a service.  It is isn't about selling. Its about awareness. So we just want people to know about us.

Online only

10-15 about a year and a half ago.  I just looked now, we are on page 3.  I have seen us on page 2 off and on. 

The best thing to do would be to write blogs or create video content. Ultimately the goal is to keep people on your website longer. Google uses a SERPA score to determine where you are ranked organically, no one knows exactly how to get your SERPA score up but people have figured out that the amount of time someone spends on your website is maybe more important than how many people visit it, to a certain extent obviously. 

I would sit down as a company and think of the top 20-25 blog ideas for your industry, maybe blogs other companies have that are poorly written but ranked on page 1 because no competition and you think you can do better, write that blog. Maybe very specific questions that there’s isn’t a lot of information about online. Better to score #1 on 50-60 keyword phrases that generate 10 clicks per keyword rather than #20 for a phrase that generates 1,000 clicks. 

Another big factor to your SERPA score is backlinks. Are there any bloggers or content creators in your industry? Really the goal here is just to get links pointed at your website from other reliable sources. When we did the NASCAR sponsorship, just from our companies URL being on the NASCAR website we jumped a number of pages on a bunch of our target keywords. 

Going from page 2-3 to page 1 is the hardest jump.

They got us linked through a lot of back links, I think.  They said they did at least. I think they actually paid for them, using a portion of the money we gave them.  There was an incentive for them if we "grew". 

A guy in a gorilla suit twirling an arrow always gets my attention.