Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Ronald Jones to get more carries....

Per Rotoworld.  If this kid is on your wire, nab him.  I wouldn't expect much right now, but if he turns into a D. Johnson, he could seriously help you later in the season.  Arians made Johnson.  He could easily do it with Jones too.  Nothing to lose if you have a free bench slot or can cut a useless player. 

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This is great news for me!  I was planning on starting him tonight anyways.

No better options?  I don't think you're going to be very happy with the result of this...  but if you don't have any better starters for Week 2 of the season than Ronald Jones, then your season is basically over already anyway.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

No better options?  I don't think you're going to be very happy with the result of this...  but if you don't have any better starters for Week 2 of the season than Ronald Jones, then your season is basically over already anyway.

Yeah, I waited on RBs in my draft thinking I could wait and get some gems, but I didn't anticipate the rest of the owners in my league hoarding RBs in the 1st 4 rounds.

Although, I don't think my season is over quite yet.  My Roster:

QB - Baker Mayfield
QB - Kyler Murray

RB - Peyton Barber
RB - Ronald Jones
RB - Malcolm Brown
RB - Austin Ekeler

WR - Julio Jones
WR - JuJu Schuster-Smith
WR - Sammy Watkins
WR - Mecole Hardman
WR - Mike Williams

TE - George Kittle
TE - Zach Ertz

K - Mason Crosby

DEF - Baltimore

I won my match-up last week so so far, so good.

Don’t know about this, I don’t see D J in R Jones. 

I cant make the comparison.

29 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Dude. Your default position condescending attitude and mat berry regurgitation fanboi antics got you run out of here last time.  I will continue to welcome you back - berry love and all - if you would just drop the condescension.

you've got good takes on things; dont lose them because you cant resist that extra dig.

42 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Totally disagree.  TB will put up points, and Jones is easily their best option at RB.  Starting him in my flex spot tonight with confidence.

• Haha 1

I am just not a fan at all. I think he straight up sucks. Not even OK. He didn't even look good gaining those 73 yards or whatever it was. Just plow ahead and hope he gains a bunch of yards. Zero shake an even less bake

3 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Totally disagree.  TB will put up points, and Jones is easily their best option at RB.  Starting him in my flex spot tonight with confidence.

Better luck next week!

13 minutes ago, ralphster said:

Dude. Your default position condescending attitude and mat berry regurgitation fanboi antics got you run out of here last time.  I will continue to welcome you back - berry love and all - if you would just drop the condescension.

you've got good takes on things; dont lose them because you cant resist that extra dig.

You must have me confused with someone else.

Axe Elf has never been "run out of" anywhere.

And don't hate on Matthew Berry just because he gets all of his good material from Axe Elf.

41 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yeah, I waited on RBs in my draft thinking I could wait and get some gems, but I didn't anticipate the rest of the owners in my league hoarding RBs in the 1st 4 rounds.

Although, I don't think my season is over quite yet.  My Roster:

QB - Baker Mayfield
QB - Kyler Murray

RB - Peyton Barber
RB - Ronald Jones
RB - Malcolm Brown
RB - Austin Ekeler

WR - Julio Jones
WR - JuJu Schuster-Smith
WR - Sammy Watkins
WR - Mecole Hardman
WR - Mike Williams

TE - George Kittle
TE - Zach Ertz

K - Mason Crosby

DEF - Baltimore

I won my match-up last week so so far, so good.

You probably won last week because you managed to get Ekeler, who may keep you afloat at the RB position until you can shore up the rest of that detritus.  You also kind of fell backwards into the Chiefs' top WR for a few weeks.

It's going to get real interesting for you in the second half of the season, but for now, you still have six weeks or so to fix the rest of the team.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

ou probably won last week because you managed to get Ekeler, who may keep you afloat at the RB position until you can shore up the rest of that detritus.  You also kind of fell backwards into the Chiefs' top WR for a few weeks

I think it's clear that AxeElf has ZERO idea what he's talking about.

Stick to shining shoes or cleaning glory holes.

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Better luck next week!

Thank you Alf. I didn't care much about this game but now I am rooting for Ronald Jones..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

So, yeah, 9 minute into the game Jones hasn't even seen the field.  Ughh...

Barber is getting like 1 yard gains.  Let's put Jones in!

For 2 yard gains

Anyone remember the frustration 2015 Arizona Cards with Arians and the RBs?  Rookie David Johnson stuck behind burnt out Chris Johnson for most of the year. Not that I see anything close to the talent of DJ in Jones, but Arians is not one to use the shiny new toy.  I was as hopeful as anyone that Jones would flash tonight, but luckily not desperate enough to plug him into the lineup. 

Barber also caught a pass that should have hit the ground and was able to get 7 yards out of it shaking the first defender.

16 minutes ago, boilerddd said:

Anyone remember the frustration 2015 Arizona Cards with Arians and the RBs?  Rookie David Johnson stuck behind burnt out Chris Johnson for most of the year. Not that I see anything close to the talent of DJ in Jones, but Arians is not one to use the shiny new toy.  I was as hopeful as anyone that Jones would flash tonight, but luckily not desperate enough to plug him into the lineup. 

Exactly. 

3 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

He just had a really nice carry for 12 yards, cutting and breaking a tackle.

And then Barber for 15yd TD (where he extended at end to get to EZ).

This looks like same time share it has been.

Just now, NAn said:

And then Barber for 15yd TD (where he extended at end to get to EZ).

This looks like same time share it has been.

Yea, that's too bad, I just picked up Ronald Jones, didn't start him of course, just trying to improve my bench depth.

12 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

He just had a really nice carry for 12 yards, cutting and breaking a tackle.

But hey, with this run he will at least finish with positive yardage.  He had -3 before that.

6 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This is great news for me!  I was planning on starting him tonight anyways.

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

4 hours ago, JagFan said:

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Better luck next week!

3 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I think it's clear that AxeElf has ZERO idea what he's talking about.

Stick to shining shoes or cleaning glory holes.

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

Thank you Alf. I didn't care much about this game but now I am rooting for Ronald Jones..

Ronald Jones:  0.9 fantasy points (PPR and Standard)

That little nursery rhyme that your nannies always sang to you at naptime is probly running through your heads right now, isn't it...?

"Listen to the Elf, trophy on the shelf.  Listen to the others; go crying to your mothers."

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

and I benched Barber tonight for Jones.  :doh:

@Axe Elf Looks like I'm the one who should be shining shoes. 

Don't be so hard on yourself.  Just let this little lesson motivate you to become a more apt pupil of Axe Elf.

10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Don't be so hard on yourself.  Just let this little lesson motivate you to become a more apt pupil of Axe Elf.

Since you self proclaimed to be the greatest fantasy football player ever. 

Have you decided on what team it was in the nfl you played on, or our you still finding one? 

6 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

and I benched Barber tonight for Jones.  :doh:

@Axe Elf Looks like I'm the one who should be shining shoes. 

Why would you start Jones based on a roto blurb? He remained his usual suck last night. 

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Agreed.  Jones is a stash and hold guy, not someone to start now.  I'm holding him in several leagues.  He's more talented than Barber, but as you saw last night, what Arians says and does can be two different things.  I was expecting 10 touches last night from him, but now, who knows.  He looked good in Week One, but didn't touch the ball enough last night to know how he may have looked.  Arians can be a confounding coach at times.  The Evans owners are all having a cow too, and God forbid you drafted one of their TE's.  Only one player is rocking right now on that entire team.  Everyone else is in wait-and-see mode.  Unless you took a TE from there.  I told you not to do that.  lol

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Since you self proclaimed to be the greatest fantasy football player ever. 

Have you decided on what team it was in the nfl you played on, or our you still finding one? 

He's a clown.  Ignore him.  I've shown him to be a flat out liar on several threads here.  He only posts to irritate people.  He said many times Jones should be a bench stash, but after the game, he changed his mind.  It's typical of him.  He also hyped up OJ, but I haven't seen him mention that once since the season began.  He has made ONE decent prediction overall, starting Dorsett in Week One, but even that came straight from the Fantasy Pros website.  It was on their front page the day before the season began.  One day he tells you to play someone, the next day, after they've failed, he pretends he never said it and will not even discuss it.  The guy is a troll. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Agreed.  Jones is a stash and hold guy, not someone to start now.  I'm holding him in several leagues.  He's more talented than Barber, but as you saw last night, what Arians says and does can be two different things.  I was expecting 10 touches last night from him, but now, who knows.  He looked good in Week One, but didn't touch the ball enough last night to know how he may have looked.  Arians can be a confounding coach at times.  The Evans owners are all having a cow too, and God forbid you drafted one of their TE's.  Only one player is rocking right now on that entire team.  Everyone else is in wait-and-see mode.  Unless you took a TE from there.  I told you not to do that.  lol

I would not agree he is any more talented. Both are just a pile of meh. Less than meh actually. His upside is so small. Just not worth a stash in any league format unless it's dynasty and you can sell him

• Like 1

He's a clown.  Ignore him.

Nice advice, immediately after you responded to one of my posts.

I've shown him to be a flat out liar on several threads here.

No, you have flat out ACCUSED me of being a liar on several threads here.  When asked to post links to any of the statements you accuse me of making, you retreat into further ad hominem personal attacks and fail to provide any evidence of your spurious accusations.  I'm sure this post will have the same result...

He said many times Jones should be a bench stash, but after the game, he changed his mind.

...starting now.  Please provide a link to ANY post I have made in favor of stashing Ronald Jones.  You can't and you won't, because no such posts exist--in fact, you can plainly see several posts in this very thread (quoted above) that show me warning people against Ronald Jones before the game started.  But I'm sure that won't stop you from insisting that they exist, and continuing to spew personal attacks in lieu of evidence.

He also hyped up OJ, but I haven't seen him mention that once since the season began.

In reality, you haven't seen me mention it at all, because again, the only place it happened was in your delusional mind.  If you can prove otherwise, please post a link.  If not, go back to using your imagination to bang Claudia Schiffer, and quit trying to besmirch the image of the Legend that is Axe Elf.

He has made ONE decent prediction overall, starting Dorsett in Week One, but even that came straight from the Fantasy Pros website.

Again, this very thread proves you wrong (not to mention the David Montgomery thread, the discussion on Chris Thompson, the recommendation for Carlos Hyde, dozens of threads on the "A Little Help!" board, etc.).  Axe Elf makes innumerable predictions every season, every one of which is as good as gold (barring injuries and incompetent coaching, of course).

The fact that other fantasy football outlets often report Axe Elf predictions as well does not make them the originator of such predictions; correlation does not imply causation.

It was on their front page the day before the season began.

And Axe Elf had been saying that Phillip Dorsett was "the other Patriots' WR to own" all summer.  Here is a post from this site on August 30--a full week before you say that Fantasy Pros made their recommendation--in which Axe Elf educates the public on the value of Phillip Dorsett:

https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/488295-demaryius-thomas-comeback-on-the-horizon/?do=findComment&comment=6496935

You see, I actually provide proof of my claims.  Let's see if you can do the same.

One day he tells you to play someone, the next day, after they've failed, he pretends he never said it and will not even discuss it.

Links?  Evidence?  Proof?

Or just another fart in the wind...?

That's what I thought.

• Like 1

That game will rightfully mess with so many heads this week. OJ gets zero targets and Evans looks like a clear second fiddle to Godwin while Rojo gets completely left in the dust for Barber. Wild times here in week 2, I expect many more surprises as well.

The blurb seemed to be just speculation by the reporter when I read it. I did draft Barber as RB 4/5 after I saw Jones getting ripped in preseason for still not being able to pass block. 

Barber isn't all that great either, just more opportunity because he blocks well. May try to trade him away this week.