Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Buccaneers at Panthers: In-Game Discussion

TH night yeah, but a bunch of these guys are doing way better than they played last Sunday...

Arians isn't a fan of McCaffrey tonight.  Cam flat out can't throw, yet the just keep chunking it.  Cam is done. 

Just now, jgcrawfish said:

Arians isn't a fan of McCaffrey tonight.  Cam flat out can't throw, yet the just keep chunking it.  Cam is done. 

I think Cam is more focused on his flamboyant clothing styles instead.

There are probably some chimps out there who are glad they started Peyton Barber over Christian McCaffrey.

• Like 1

Cam is a split second slow in throwing his guys a lot -- I've seen half a dozen passes or more go behind guys tonight.  He's either lost some juice or is not getting to his reads quick enough.

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

There are probably some chimps out there who are glad they started Peyton Barber over Christian McCaffrey.

Can't help yourself lol. Clown

Riverboat Ron lol wth was that for a play call with the game on the line. You need a foot to gain and you split your QB out wide like that? Yikes. I’d be furious if I were a panthers fan.

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Arians is not a fan of the TE

Fock you Arians/Winston/Howard! Why didn’t you let O.J. help you eat a W! Not even 1 target. 

6 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Anyone else just victimized by Godwin? No one else does sh1t and he has a career night against me.

as always for me

1 hour ago, uwmalcolm said:

Fock you Arians/Winston/Howard! Why didn’t you let O.J. help you eat a W! Not even 1 target. 

This. :mad:

I could've started myself at TE and get the same result. 

10 hours ago, uwmalcolm said:

He did get 1 target, but he was called for offensive pass interference on that play, so it didn't count.

Something is wrong with Cam, it was clear last night.  They were talking about an ankle, but i suspect it's still the shoulder.  Cam has a LASER when he wants to, and I didn't see it at all last night.  He's never been accurate, but I have a torn rotator cuff at this very moment and could make some of the throws he missed.  No zip, no accuracy, nothing.  I am wondering if we are seeing Andrew Luck 2.0 here...an injury that lingers and never fully heals over multiple seasons.  If I had Cam on any roster as my #1 QB i'd be worried right now, and if I was the Panthers...i'd be worried as sh!t.  

57 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

Something is wrong with Cam, it was clear last night.  They were talking about an ankle, but i suspect it's still the shoulder.  Cam has a LASER when he wants to, and I didn't see it at all last night.  He's never been accurate, but I have a torn rotator cuff at this very moment and could make some of the throws he missed.  No zip, no accuracy, nothing.  I am wondering if we are seeing Andrew Luck 2.0 here...an injury that lingers and never fully heals over multiple seasons.  If I had Cam on any roster as my #1 QB i'd be worried right now, and if I was the Panthers...i'd be worried as sh!t.  

I think the problem with Cam is that he's not really all that good of a QB.

The last play on offense tells the story with Cam and the Panthers. 4th and 1, game on the line near the endzone. That used to be Cam up the middle, using his running ability to power his way for a first down or into the endzone. Now its a direct snap to McCaffery where he fakes a hand off, runs a stretch play and is forced out. When Cam doesn't run he is a bad QB and a useless fantasy asset. 

1 hour ago, Brutal Brutus said:

The last play on offense tells the story with Cam and the Panthers. 4th and 1, game on the line near the endzone. That used to be Cam up the middle, using his running ability to power his way for a first down or into the endzone. Now its a direct snap to McCaffery where he fakes a hand off, runs a stretch play and is forced out. When Cam doesn't run he is a bad QB and a useless fantasy asset. 

You could be right, but I don't know if it's that cut and dry.  I mean, you put the ball in your best players' hand.  I don't think anyone will argue that right now, Cam is better than McCaffrey.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

You could be right, but I don't know if it's that cut and dry.  I mean, you put the ball in your best players' hand.  I don't think anyone will argue that right now, Cam is better than McCaffrey.

Needing only one yard, Cam from a year and a half ago would be a better option than McCaffery now. My point is, Cam isn't what he was, and what he is as of right now, isn't worth much. He needs to run to have value as a QB or in fantasy, and running clearly isn't on the table.   

4 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Needing only one yard, Cam from a year and a half ago would be a better option than McCaffery now. My point is, Cam isn't what he was, and what he is as of right now, isn't worth much. He needs to run to have value as a QB or in fantasy, and running clearly isn't on the table.   

Fair enough... but I'd argue that Cam a year and a half ago wasn't that good then either.  I think he's at best a mediocre QB, who's just big and can run.  Just because he may have size, strength, and a good amount of speed, doesn't mean he is a good passer.

For his career, he's a sub 60% passer and a passer rating in the mid-80's.  I mean, his numbers as a passer aren't that good.  Considering he has the ability to deceive opponents with his legs, you'd think he'd be able to have more passer friendly opportunities to have better numbers, yet he doesn't.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Fair enough... but I'd argue that Cam a year and a half ago wasn't that good then either.  I think he's at best a mediocre QB, who's just big and can run.  Just because he may have size, strength, and a good amount of speed, doesn't mean he is a good passer.

He's an awful passer, but his running made it so you could live with his poor passing ability. A year and a half ago he would have used his legs, lowered his shoulder and used his size to pick up the first down. You take away his running ability and what you have is a QB who can't do anything well. 

2 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

He's an awful passer, but his running made it so you could live with his poor passing ability. A year and a half ago he would have used his legs, lowered his shoulder and used his size to pick up the first down. You take away his running ability and what you have is a QB who can't do anything well. 

Ok, we're on the same page.

:cheers:

Mr. Godwin please take your MVP trophy :first:

Hope I didn't jinx him for the rest of the year!

Cam doesn't throw the ball anymore.  He shot puts it forward.  His shoulder must be fried.