Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Thanks for the chainsaw Obama

So as a small business owner who needs health insurance I had to call The Marketplace and get on Obamacare in 2018.I won't bore anyone with a full story but in the last 18 months here's a few high/low lights of my experience.

*$335 premium with a $6500 deductible

*FREE wellness exam

*$150 gift card for use on groceries and/or utilities(later to find out can only be used at Walmart or Sam's)

*Had to pay $1200 back on taxes yet The Marketplace couldn't tell me why said I'd have to take it up with the IRS :( I never used my insurance once in '18

*$290 premium with a $7900 deductible :mad:

*FREE wellness exam

*E-mail the other day that there will be numerous gifts/prizes available this year for getting exam,taking surveys etc. Some of the gifts include a deep fryer,a tent and even a chainsaw :unsure:

Thankfully still haven't had to use insurance but am dreading filing taxes for '19 because who knows what surprises await.OH and here's an idea instead of buying all these so called gifts HOW ABOUT GETTING ME A MANAGEABLE DEDUCTIBLE AND LET ME HAVE MY OLD DOCTOR BACK!

Hussein nearly destroyed this country. Bastage. He should rot in hell. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

The deep fryer wasn't targeted at you.

Maybe it was.

It sure seems to me that nzoner has the best mancave in the Geek Club. I'd rather participate in a live draft or burn a Sunday afternoon/evening watching football at his house than any of the rest of you. The man brings it and I think great food is part and parcel of the experience.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Maybe not.

It sure seems to me that nzoner has the best mancave in the Geek Club. I'd rather participate in a live draft or burn a Sunday afternoon/evening watching football at his house than any of the rest of you. The man brings it and I think great food is part and parcel of the experience.

Great food isn't necessary if you're drunk betting live on nfl games , talking sh!t with your friends. Chips , dip and take out pizza. We aren't very refined, obviously. :banana:

13 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Great food isn't necessary if you're drunk betting live on nfl games , talking sh!t with your friends. Chips , dip and take out pizza. We aren't very refined, obviously. :banana:

Nzoner has dropped some serious money he earned selling all those firecrackers to deck out his house. It's beautiful. It seems to me that the least we can do as a nation that forces him to be way overcharged for his health care is provide him with a free deep fryer and/or chainsaw.

• Haha 1

Obummer destroyed the individual healthcare market.  Was thinking about retiring early but with the cost uncertainty of healthcare I'm looking at another 4-5 years just to stay on the corporate plan and ensure I can afford to pay for my own. 

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Nzoner has dropped some serious money he earned selling all those firecrackers to deck out his house. It's beautiful. It seems to me that the least we can do as a nation that forces him to be way overcharged for his health care is provide him with a free deep fryer and/or chainsaw.

If he brings the strippers (hookers) I'll buy him a fryer and and chainsaw.:banana:

8 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Dont get me wrong. If I am in KC on a Sunday and I can go to Arrowhead or Nzoner's, it's not even a decision. I'll bring the oil. I just think the ACA is trying to kill him so I better do it soon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

I just think the ACA is trying to kill him so I better do it soon.

I never thought about that angle,you may be onto something there. :unsure:

You must be under 40 to get those rates.

Also, if you are business owner, you should be able to hire n accountant to show you made next to nothing and then qualify for a nice subsidy.

Unless those are your premiums with subsidy and you are 45+?

And those "free wellness exams" include prostate checks don't they? That is like a free trip to the massage parlor.

See this is an argument for Medicare for All. I favor the public option route instead but it doesn’t necessarily address the problem identified by the OP, certainly at least not immediately.

So Obamas 8 years were a big zip. Except for the donor class. They cleaned up. 

I have insurance from my job as I've always had...

From what I've experienced people who would've been denied coverage are now covered and people who aren't working jobs where they could get insurance at all now have some option as opposed to none. 

If it's so bad why hasn't the new administration who complained so loud for years and years done anything to change it?

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

See this is an argument for Medicare for All. I favor the public option route instead but it doesn’t necessarily address the problem identified by the OP, certainly at least not immediately.

No it's not.  Typical Dem logic.   Obummer destroyed a system that wasn't THAT BAD, just needed some tweaking, and since his "solution" focked it all up we should just let the government fock it up even more.  That's some smart thinking right there, dumbass.

20 minutes ago, peenie said:

From what I've experienced people who would've been denied coverage are now covered and people who aren't working jobs where they could get insurance at all now have some option as opposed to none. 

If it's so bad why hasn't the new administration who complained so loud for years and years done anything to change it?

They have.  Within the framework of what they can do without passing legislation.  Passing legislation is much more difficult, especially when you don't have a super majority as Obummer had.  Also, the problem is extremely complex and the idiots in the government don't really want to address the actual issues.  That's why Obummer's plan failed. 

27 minutes ago, peenie said:

Bingo. Just needs to be strengthened 

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

No it's not.  Typical Dem logic.   Obummer destroyed a system that wasn't THAT BAD, just needed some tweaking, and since his "solution" focked it all up we should just let the government fock it up even more.  That's some smart thinking right there, dumbass.

Yeah it wasn’t that bad, except for the 50 million with no insurance whatsoever. And the millions more going into bankruptcy because when they actually needed their cut-rate insurance they found out about lifetime caps and all of that crap. And the millions more who couldn’t be insured, period, because of “pre-existing conditions.”

Other than that, great.

11 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

You must be under 40 to get those rates.

Also, if you are business owner, you should be able to hire n accountant to show you made next to nothing and then qualify for a nice subsidy.

Unless those are your premiums with subsidy and you are 45+?

And those "free wellness exams" include prostate checks don't they? That is like a free trip to the massage parlor.

I'm a small business owner,56 years of age and yes my accountant has me showing I make very little and yet for some reason I still had to pay back $1200 in 2018 and the IRS says,"yes we're seeing a lot this" and no options other than pay it. :doh:

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah it wasn’t that bad, except for the 50 million with no insurance whatsoever. And the millions more going into bankruptcy because when they actually needed their cut-rate insurance they found out about lifetime caps and all of that crap. And the millions more who couldn’t be insured, period, because of “pre-existing conditions.”

Other than that, great.

And?  So, I would expect that number to be zero right now.  Is it?  You don't have to answer.  We both know the number is still in the tens of millions uninsured   And now that the risk corridors  (I bet you have no idea what I'm even talking about there too)  have expired, premiums are going up at astronomical rates and more and more people are becoming uninsured again.  The individual market is decimated and people who are just above the subsidy line are getting killed by health care premiums.  Maybe if Obummer had actually given a sh*t about the actual issues and FIXED the issues instead of passing the bastard bill he did, we wouldn't be having this discussion less than a  decade after he passed that POS. 

With the amount Obummercare is costing us we could literally have just paid for the health insurance of all those you're talking about who were uninsured, without destroying healthcare for everyone who was happy with the way things were before.  Which was 250 million plus using your math.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So Obamas 8 years were a big zip. Except for the donor class. They cleaned up. 

Yep,there's people paying a little bit of nothing for coverage and yet they too can get a gift card and a "free" chainsaw for getting their annual wellness exam and taking a survey or two.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

And?  So, I would expect that number to be zero right now.  Is it?  You don't have to answer.  We both know the number is still in the tens of millions uninsured   And now that the risk corridors  (I bet you have no idea what I'm even talking about there too)  have expired, premiums are going up at astronomical rates and more and more people are becoming uninsured again.  The individual market is decimated and people who are just above the subsidy line are getting killed by health care premiums.  Maybe if Obummer had actually given a sh*t about the actual issues and FIXED the issues instead of passing the bastard bill he did, we wouldn't be having this discussion less than a  decade after he passed that POS. 

With the amount Obummercare is costing us we could literally have just paid for the health insurance of all those you're talking about who were uninsured, without destroying healthcare for everyone who was happy with the way things were before.  Which was 250 million plus using your math.

I’ve already said many times that obummercare was an ineffective half-measure. We’re in agreement there.

You seem to want to go back to the way things were, which was even worse, and I’d like to figure out how to get it right. :dunno:

On 9/13/2019 at 11:56 AM, 12th Man said:

Hussein nearly destroyed this country. Bastage. He should rot in hell. 

You should send him there, Corn Pop. :bandana: