Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Friday Fun Facts

Recommended Posts

Useful or useless just looking for a way to kill some time and maybe learn something.

My first contribution is one of Clint Eastwood's earliest scenes in a movie as a jet squadron fighter in Tarantula

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A jiffy is a real unit of time, it is the time it takes light to travel 1 cm.

 

So when you say you will be there in a jiffy you are lying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall, up to $150 billion is wagered illegally on sports every year in the United States, according to the American Gaming Association.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always like this one about one of my favorite Beatles songs

The song’s original title was Hey Bullfrog. A few days before the group recorded the track, Paul played drums on a Paul Jones rocker called The Dog Presides, which featured barking sound effects. During The Beatles’ session, Paul and John ended up barking, woofing and howling as they ad-libbed over the song’s finale, and the title was subsequently changed to Hey Bulldog. 

“I remember ‘Hey Bulldog’ as being one of John’s songs and I helped him finish it off in the studio, but it’s mainly his vibe. There’s a little rap at the end between John and I. We went into a crazy little thing at the end.”

– Paul McCartney

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Overall, up to $150 billion is wagered illegally on sports every year in the United States, according to the American Gaming Association.

Never got the "up to" thing.  I mean, I can just as easily say that UP TO 5 trillion dollars is wagered illegally on sports every year and I'm just as correct as the AGA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strike said:

Never got the "up to" thing.  I mean, I can just as easily say that UP TO 5 trillion dollars is wagered illegally on sports every year and I'm just as correct as the AGA.

See your point,I've always looked at it like I'm in a town of only 70,000 and personally know of 3 bookies,then start taking that times every small town,big city etc. either way it's kind of mind boggling when you think of what Vegas must do annually and legally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All clownfish are born male, and will only change sex to be a dominant female.

Seems like the left is modeling their approach to life and politics after the clownfish. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

A woman struck out Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig in the same game while they played for the Yankees!

Now THIS is why I started this thread :thumbsup:  never knew that one

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nzoner said:

See your point,I've always looked at it like I'm in a town of only 70,000 and personally know of 3 bookies,then start taking that times every small town,big city etc. either way it's kind of mind boggling when you think of what Vegas must do annually and legally.

Agreed.  I wasn't specifically posting to this instance.  I just laugh when I see some stat that starts with "up to" because they're getting paid and I can make up stats too.  They probably do have some method they used to come to that number but the wording is just odd.  But yeah, the amount of money spent betting on sports is astronomical and only going to go up as more states legalize it.   I heard there is something on the ballot in CO this year to do just that.  I'm hoping.  Would love to get off Bovada.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's game against the Lions is only the 3rd time in 16 seasons that Philip Rivers has played in an indoor stadium.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entering this season, the 49ers had not won a game in the eastern time zone since Noevember 16th, 2014.  They are 2-0 this year, both wins in the eastern time zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, fandandy said:

Today's game against the Lions is only the 3rd time in 16 seasons that Philip Rivers has played in an indoor stadium.  

When they said that I was blown away.  16 years..crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×