Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Do I bench K.Allen for Cupp??

PPR league. I'm up against the guy who is starting Goff. Trying to decide which of these are my top 2 WRs for the week:

K.Allen, Thielen, or Cupp. 

Most censensus sites say roll Allen and Thielen. But I'm not sure. I'm tempted to bench Allen and play Thielen and Cupp for two reasons: 1) Allen will be shadowed by Darius Slay and safeties will likely roll to him as well with M.Williams potentially out. And 2) my opponent has Goff. Starting Cupp may offset some of Goffs production if he's productive. 

Am I crazy? 

38 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Thielen is the one you want to bench.

Agreed, Thielen was saved by a TD. Vikes are looking to run the ball and turn Cousins into a game manager... down year incoming for Diggs and Thielen IMO. Allen and Kupp are target monsters.

I would bench Kupp. 

One run heavy game by the Vikings and people are already prognisticating the end of their pass offense?? come on guys. The Vikes were crushing the falcons...they could run it all day and were up. Didn't need to pass. Any NFL team would exploit that. I have no doubt Cousins will throw again. 

it'd be tough to bench Thielen (the top target for Minn) for Cupp. It's close, but it'd be tough. I think Thielen is a better WR and he's the focus. I dunno...just tempting to use Cupp since my opponent has Goff, though there are so many potential targets for Goff. 

13 minutes ago, bfros said:

One run heavy game by the Vikings and people are already prognisticating the end of their pass offense?? come on guys. The Vikes were crushing the falcons...they could run it all day and were up. Didn't need to pass. Any NFL team would exploit that. I have no doubt Cousins will throw again. 

10 minutes ago, bfros said:

it'd be tough to bench Thielen (the top target for Minn) for Cupp. It's close, but it'd be tough. I think Thielen is a better WR and he's the focus. I dunno...just tempting to use Cupp since my opponent has Goff, though there are so many potential targets for Goff. 

If you already know everything, why are you axing us?

And here's a tip--for more credibility, spell the players' names right.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

If you already know everything, why are you axing us?

And here's a tip--for more credibility, spell the players' names right.

I was pushing back to get you all to explain your positions more, rather than just "start Thielen". trying to debate it as a way of thinking it through. 

And kindly, a tip in return--explain your position if you want that position to sound credible. I'm curious to know 'why', not just what you'd do. Thanks

2 minutes ago, bfros said:

I was pushing back to get you all to explain your positions more, rather than just "start Thielen". trying to debate it as a way of thinking it through. 

And kindly, a tip in return--explain your position if you want that position to sound credible. I'm curious to know 'why', not just what you'd do. Thanks

Everything I say has automatic credibility due to the fact that I'm Axe Elf.

And you have it backwards; it's BENCH Thielen, not start Thielen.

Because Axe Elf says so.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Everything I say has automatic credibility due to the fact that I'm Axe Elf.

And you have it backwards; it's BENCH Thielen, not start Thielen.

Because Axe Elf says so.

thanks, super helpful. (eye roll). Every single analyst has Thielen ranked higher than Cupp. They must all be wrong. (I'm leaning towards benching Cupp, but can't figure out why)

Just now, bfros said:

Every single analyst has Thielen ranked higher than Cupp. They must all be wrong.

It happens frequently.  I'm used to it.

All are good options, curious to see Green Bay defense again and if they're for real.  I might be with Axe as well on this one though, it's close for me....

I'm not going to read every response.  But no, do not bench Allen this week.  The Rams are loaded with possible options, and I think this is a good week for Allen.  If it was my team, Allen would absolutely be in there against Kupp.  Too many other options against Kupp, comparing to Allen. 

Start Allen with confidence every week when he’s healthy.

I would start Kupp over Theilen for now. The Vikes have made their stance the last 6 or so games pretty clear. They are at a Seattle level interested in limiting pass attempts. Meanwhile, Kupp is major key to an offense that will attack however it can.

if you want to bench Allen you should quit fantasy football, I dont even know a logical reason why Allen would be benched in any leagues

monster every week, went off last week, and now Henry and Williams are out, but yah bench Rivers favorite target

Good Call!!!!

16 hours ago, bfros said:

It's more of just a trend that I don't like... he is only averaging 4.4 targets in his last 5 games. (All games where Dalvin Cook played). People like to look at the year end totals for 2017 and 18, in which Thielen was a monster, and they are correct, but Cook was out for a majority of those games. He looks very pedestrian in games where both he and Cook start together. That coupled with a coaching staff that has broadcast that they are looking to run more would make me nervous. 

So for me, PPR, give me Kupp as I'm trying to follow the trend and not the year end total.

• Like 1