Sign in to follow this  
vino

A. Brown or Breida? full ppr

Idk where I'm at with Brown this week. I just don't think they're going to use him much this week aside from some maybe GO routes or as a decoy, considering he doesn't have a grasp of their precise offense yet.  So, I'm leaning towards Breida. What say you?  I also have Fitzy on the bench.

Why would you be considering either Breida or Brown over the #9 PPR WR in the NFL?

I can't understand why people ask things like this.

"Should I start Ito Smith or Deandre Washington?  I also have Saquon Barkley on the bench..."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Why would you be considering either Breida or Brown over the #9 PPR WR in the NFL?

I can't understand why people ask things like this.

"Should I start Ito Smith or Deandre Washington?  I also have Saquon Barkley on the bench..."

It's called "upside" and "matchups."    I'm assuming you didn't watch the game last week?  Fitzy isn't a "always start your stud" player anymore, especially in that offense.  Throwing Fitzy as a no brainer just because of a week 1 where it went into overtime and there weren't any points until the 4th quarter.  Idk about you but I need a little more out of them than "start fitzy because he was a top 10 in points in one week."  Just me. 

3 minutes ago, vino said:

It's called "upside" and "matchups."    I'm assuming you didn't watch the game last week?  Fitzy isn't a "always start your stud" player anymore, especially in that offense.  Throwing Fitzy as a no brainer just because of a week 1 where it went into overtime and there weren't any points until the 4th quarter.  Idk about you but I need a little more out of them than "start fitzy because he was a top 10 in points in one week."  Just me. 

Ok, well, now you can add "Start Fitzy because Axe Elf told you to."

Nobody can argue with that.

• Haha 1

If AB is playing I would go with him. 

Dont ever listen to coach talk, just last night with  r Jones is the perfect example.  

If he’s playing Brady will find him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

If AB is playing I would go with him. 

Dont ever listen to coach talk, just last night with  r Jones is the perfect example.  

If he’s playing Brady will find him. 

Man I wish R Jones had a better night as a USC and somewhat believer homer.  But no, I wasn't going off of Bel.  I honestly believe in the preciseness of their system and not sure how Brown will fit (especially with Julian and Gordon) taking away the slot and deep route.  But I 100% agree that Brady will look for him and try to take advantage of his abilities.  I just don't know how many snaps he takes, mb he's only in a certain amount of special packages, while Breida is #1 atm, with pass catching ability.

I appreciate it, Wee, those are the comments I like. :)

6 hours ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Breida. Don't trust AB until you see it..

Breida getting a lot of work this sunday.

Honestly, that's where I'm leaning, I think, atm.  Especially with Coleman out.  I really just needed someone to talk me into Brown to start him in his first week in NE with a precise offense. Brown is playing, and very might well get some good numbers.  Just Belichick's offense is so unpredictable for new receivers and, I don't believe, he's the #1 in week 2. 

I appreciate all opinions and would love more if you have a different take or one that supports Brown, Breida, Fitzy, etc. :)

7 hours ago, vino said:

I appreciate all opinions and would love more if you have a different take or one that supports Brown, Breida, Fitzy, etc. :)

I guess the one where Fitz is a top 10 WR carries no weight.

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I guess the one where Fitz is a top 10 WR carries no weight.

If we were in the middle or back end of the season it would be a no brainer.  But, after one week, to me it's like saying that John Ross III is a top 5 wr so start him. I have faith in Larry to catch a good ball thrown to him but I just don't have a ton of faith in their offense at this moment.  I need to see that offense for a couple more weeks to know that Larry will consistently get the ball to him. 

Breida is guaranteed points this week barr injury. 

2 minutes ago, vino said:

If we were in the middle or back end of the season it would be a no brainer.  But, after one week, to me it's like saying that John Ross III is a top 5 wr so start him. 

One week?

We're not talking about a rookie here, we're talking about a guy who has been a top tennish WR just about every year since 2005!

You're not even talking about starting him over another WR1 type, either--you're thinking of benching Fitzgerald for a part-time RB like Breida (who was out-gained by Raheem Mostert in Week 1, despite Tevin Coleman starting the game) or a WR who may not play much, if at all, in the first game after signing with his new team a week ago--in a game they probably won't even need him (Brown)!

C'mon man...

I’d rather start Breida.

Zoomed out without Brown, I’m fine if I miss his first good game. I want to see it work in New England before I put a(nother) week on the line for Antonio.

• Like 1

And later days Larry is one of those home/road split dudes. Aka much better at home than on the road. I’d play that game with him until we get proof that’s Kliff’s air raid works before a team goes into some kind of soft zone/prevent.

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

One week?

We're not talking about a rookie here, we're talking about a guy who has been a top tennish WR just about every year since 2005!

You're not even talking about starting him over another WR1 type, either--you're thinking of benching Fitzgerald for a part-time RB like Breida (who was out-gained by Raheem Mostert in Week 1, despite Tevin Coleman starting the game) or a WR who may not play much, if at all, in the first game after signing with his new team a week ago--in a game they probably won't even need him (Brown)!

C'mon man...

I was going to point this out about the 49ers RB's.  Even after Coleman went down, Breida ended up in a time share with Mostert.  Jeff Wilson was promoted from the practice squad, and they're saying he'll play some, too.  As for Fitz, nearly half his production came after Detroit inexplicitly called that TO.  The Cardinals should have lost that game 24-9 if Detroit doesn't screw up.  I wouldn't trust Fitz tomorrow, a tough defense in a tough environment with a rookie QB that did not look all that good last Sunday.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

I wouldn't trust Fitz tomorrow, a tough defense in a tough environment with a rookie QB that did not look all that good last Sunday.

But when he looked good, it was because he was looking at Fitz.

You're saying you'd trust Breida or Brown more--even after agreeing with the Breida timeshare?

2 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

I was going to point this out about the 49ers RB's.  Even after Coleman went down, Breida ended up in a time share with Mostert.  Jeff Wilson was promoted from the practice squad, and they're saying he'll play some, too.  As for Fitz, nearly half his production came after Detroit inexplicitly called that TO.  The Cardinals should have lost that game 24-9 if Detroit doesn't screw up.  I wouldn't trust Fitz tomorrow, a tough defense in a tough environment with a rookie QB that did not look all that good last Sunday.

It's not that I think Breida will get all of the carries, I get where what you're saing.  The way that guy gets injured, they will surely time share his touches.  I am merely speaking for this week and against those two players I mentioned, Fitz and Antonio. I'm not playing Breida as my #1, just a fill in until we see what offense Arizona brings this week and where Antonio is in the Pats offense.  I don't trust either of those players this week, just Breida's carries and possible pass catching.  I can be a risk taker for upside, just not this week with the players I have, if that makes sense. 

The point of my thread was to have someone talk me out of benching Brown or talk me into the other 2.  Unfortunately neither of these 3 are super promising this week. 

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

But when he looked good, it was because he was looking at Fitz.

You're saying you'd trust Breida or Brown more--even after agreeing with the Breida timeshare?

I absolutely agree with that statement, 100%.  And because of that, it's quite possible all of the def backfield focus gets put on Fitz, though I think they'll focus more on pressuring Murray to get it out quick than doubling a wr.  But no, that offense is way too early, for me, to RELY on Fitz for upside points. Everything for Fitz came late.  Now, if we see a drastic improvement in Arizona's offense and Fitz is getting 10+ looks, then..  imo

19 minutes ago, vino said:

Everything for Fitz came late.  Now, if we see a drastic improvement in Arizona's offense and Fitz is getting 10+ looks, then..  imo

Everything for ARIZONA came late.  Murray and the offense sucked through 3 quarters...

...and then we saw a drastic improvement in Arizona's offense with Fitz getting 10+ looks.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Everything for ARIZONA came late.  Murray and the offense sucked through 3 quarters...

...and then we saw a drastic improvement in Arizona's offense with Fitz getting 10+ looks.

EXACTLY! ;)  That is exactly what I'm saying.  Even if Larry is Murray's #1 I don't want to wait 3/4 of the game to see a catch and hope it goes into overtime for more. 

3 minutes ago, vino said:

EXACTLY! ;)  That is exactly what I'm saying.  Even if Larry is Murray's #1 I don't want to wait 3/4 of the game to see a catch and hope it goes into overtime for more. 

But you just said that if we saw a drastic improvement in Arizona's offense with Fitz getting 10+ looks, then... (you'd start him, presumably).

And that's what we saw.

SO START HIM!!!  It's not like you have any other credible options.

I'm done; I tried...

Full PPR I would probably go fitz. Breida should split time and last week had 2.5 ypc. Carson only had 3 ypc against Cincinnati. AB is a big unknown on a crowed team, but he does have the most upside if you feel like gambling. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Byrdman5 said:

Full PPR I would probably go fitz. Breida should split time and last week had 2.5 ypc. Carson only had 3 ypc against Cincinnati. AB is a big unknown on a crowed team, but he does have the most upside if you feel like gambling. 

I appreciate that, good point

35 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

But you just said that if we saw a drastic improvement in Arizona's offense with Fitz getting 10+ looks, then... (you'd start him, presumably).

And that's what we saw.

SO START HIM!!!  It's not like you have any other credible options.

I'm done; I tried...

Axe, we all have different looks on the ff game. I see things you might not and you see things I might not, which is why I posted this. Your arguments for "Fitzy, in the case" are what I want to hear, I truly appreciate it! :)  I've been playing a lot of years and don't post here to ask "who should I play" and immediately plug him in, I post for discussion most of the time. Like Byrdman, had a great point up above. But no man, I HEAR you, I'm not ignoring you.  Just discussing with the board. :)

I have Breida and was considering him too... Breida doesn’t really break tackles and has a really low yards after contact. Just not willing to put him in hoping he can break a long run or find paydirt. Even though all the sites ranked higher that what I have. I chose to just go with mclaurin. 

10 minutes ago, Byrdman5 said:

I have Breida and was considering him too... Breida doesn’t really break tackles and has a really low yards after contact. Just not willing to put him in hoping he can break a long run or find paydirt. Even though all the sites ranked higher that what I have. I chose to just go with mclaurin. 

I'm going to wish you luck too, I completely understand going with Mclaurin. It's hard for me to roll with a Redskin, but man, that's a hard guy not to try with.  Ugh, I hear you on Breida. It's one of those things where he had his best games against me last season, lol, 49er guy. Fitzy has my heart, but, ugh, I feel I might be underestimating Cinci's run D atm going with Breida. You brought up a good point. 

2 minutes ago, vino said:

I'm going to wish you luck too, I completely understand going with Mclaurin. It's hard for me to roll with a Redskin, but man, that's a hard guy not to try with.  Ugh, I hear you on Breida. It's one of those things where he had his best games against me last season, lol, 49er guy. Fitzy has my heart, but, ugh, I feel I might be underestimating Cinci's run D atm going with Breida. You brought up a good point. 

Good luck to you too. I had CMC tank my start so I’m shooting with mclaurin.... 

57 minutes ago, Byrdman5 said:

Over Breida, over Antonio, why Fitz (after last week's crap shoot into OT?  Gut feeling? :) or how do you seeing it playing out for Fitz in a ppr? :) I get either of your takes, just narrowing it down on why you would go Fitz, nothing is right or wrong. :)

43 minutes ago, vino said:

nothing is right or wrong.

Starting Fitzgerald is right; benching him is wrong.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Starting Fitzgerald is right; benching him is wrong.

Against the Bengals, I'd start Breida over Fitz.  If Detroit doesn't blow an unnecessary time out in the 4th quarter, they pick up the first down and run out the clock, winning 24-9.  Fitz wouldn't have had such a big game.

24 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

Against the Bengals, I'd start Breida over Fitz.  If Detroit doesn't blow an unnecessary time out in the 4th quarter, they pick up the first down and run out the clock, winning 24-9.  Fitz wouldn't have had such a big game.

And if Breida tore his ACL last week, he wouldn't even be playing tomorrow.

6 hours ago, vino said:

Over Breida, over Antonio, why Fitz (after last week's crap shoot into OT?  Gut feeling? :) or how do you seeing it playing out for Fitz in a ppr? :) I get either of your takes, just narrowing it down on why you would go Fitz, nothing is right or wrong. :)

I just see a lot of garbage time to fitz =/.

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

And if Breida tore his ACL last week, he wouldn't even be playing tomorrow.

Equating an injury to someone who went brain dead for a moment and called in inexplicable time out isn't the same thing (it's not in the same galaxy).  You're smarter than that.

Breida by the way is already beat up. Tough productive player but not a workhorse and in a time share. Hmmm

Antonio Brown is a HOF wr playing w a HOF an in a high octane offense and against a crappy team. And NE has talented wrs that will punish you if you double Brown all game.

randy moss 2.0 upside here.

1 hour ago, FantasyRetard said:

Equating an injury to someone who went brain dead for a moment and called in inexplicable time out isn't the same thing (it's not in the same galaxy).  You're smarter than that.

And you should be smart enough to know that speculation on what would have happened if what did happen didn't happen doesn't reflect the universe we live in.

18 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

And you should be smart enough to know that speculation on what would have happened if what did happen didn't happen doesn't reflect the universe we live in.

Now that's the kind of moronic post that I've come to expect from you.

14 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

I just see a lot of garbage time to fitz =/.

well hell,  if that didn't come true! LOL.  I did end up going with Breida but obviously it didn't matter, they all scored close to the same amount of points.  Larry would have made me a nervous wreck all game, lol, but he did come through in garbage time.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

Ya I guess it didnt matter... I went with mclaurin over him... but sanders went off on my bench.

emmanuel sanders?  Ouch! I feel you there.  I don't know your squad but, after week 1, I might have benched him too.  I feel ya.