Sign in to follow this  
BirdGang

Robby Anderson or Mecole Hardman

I can't imagine that there isn't someone you could pick up off the waiver wire who would give you a better chance of at least 5 points, but if this is all you have to choose from, I would go with Anderson as a larger part of his offense's game plan than Hardman--although really you're just hoping that either one of them catches a long TD.

• Thanks 1

Read this:  https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/80843/jets-adam-gase-shows-whos-boss-sends-message-to-robby-anderson 

On Monday, Gase was ticked off with his wide receivers. He didn't name names, but he was critical of their route running in Week 1. Gase's offense -- his baby -- stunk against the Bills, and he blamed the receivers and the offensive line, shifting the onus away from quarterback Sam Darnold. He was irked by one play in particular, a Darnold overthrow to Robby Anderson that could have won the game.

Anderson stumbled as he blew past the cornerback, and the timing was thrown off. He also seemed to downshift near the end of his route; perhaps Gase felt Anderson had given up on the play. Without using Anderson's name, he questioned the fourth-year receiver.

"We had opportunities, we had a chance to win the game," Gase said. "We have to come out of our double move. The [defender] falls down, we have to come out running. If we do that, all of a sudden, we're scoring a touchdown."

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Read this:  https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/80843/jets-adam-gase-shows-whos-boss-sends-message-to-robby-anderson 

On Monday, Gase was ticked off with his wide receivers. He didn't name names, but he was critical of their route running in Week 1. Gase's offense -- his baby -- stunk against the Bills, and he blamed the receivers and the offensive line, shifting the onus away from quarterback Sam Darnold. He was irked by one play in particular, a Darnold overthrow to Robby Anderson that could have won the game.

Anderson stumbled as he blew past the cornerback, and the timing was thrown off. He also seemed to downshift near the end of his route; perhaps Gase felt Anderson had given up on the play. Without using Anderson's name, he questioned the fourth-year receiver.

"We had opportunities, we had a chance to win the game," Gase said. "We have to come out of our double move. The [defender] falls down, we have to come out running. If we do that, all of a sudden, we're scoring a touchdown."

This factored into my recommendation as well.  Definitely start any player the week after his coach basically calls him out for lack of effort.

19 minutes ago, erikthebassist said:

Darnold has Mono though...

Don't worry, the Jets won't play without a QB.

Hardman.....Mahomes QB....Hardman #2 WR OR WR #3 really....Kleace Watkins and Hardman.....No doubt Hardman

I'd go hardman. Being from Denver, theres a reason Simien isn't here anymore. Hardman might get more rushing yards than Bell this week 🤣

2 hours ago, erikthebassist said:

That's what I said, Semen. 

2 hours ago, BirdGang said:

Simien.......stop day dreaming. 

SIEMIAN!

But it is kind of a shame that he's not Hardman's teammate...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

SIEMIAN!

But it is kind of a shame that he's not Hardman's teammate...

haaaaaaaaa! I'm going to disagree with the Anderson nod.  browns defense (team in general) makes a statement this week and atone for last weeks $hitsow. Hardmann looked awfully dangerous in preseason. think he'll be involved in run game too. 

1 hour ago, mdkhsa said:

haaaaaaaaa! I'm going to disagree with the Anderson nod.  browns defense (team in general) makes a statement this week and atone for last weeks $hitsow. Hardmann looked awfully dangerous in preseason. think he'll be involved in run game too. 

Wait.....like Baker Mayfield dangerous?

Man I'm torn....any others?

honestly, I was pumped about Robby Anderson going into the season, but the injury to Darnold makes me think he may now be waiver wire fodder

On 9/14/2019 at 9:30 AM, AxeElf said:

I can't imagine that there isn't someone you could pick up off the waiver wire who would give you a better chance of at least 5 points, but if this is all you have to choose from, I would go with Anderson as a larger part of his offense's game plan than Hardman--although really you're just hoping that either one of them catches a long TD.

Another analysis nailed by the impeccable Axe Elf...

Hardman has 3 catches for 19 yards...  and a 42 yard TD.