Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Welp....who's rolling out Hollywood this week?

Although he stat line was exemplary last week, it takes a little faith (or lack of better options), for sure. 

Cons:

1. Only played on 14 of 76 plays last week.

2. Is still banged up....didn't even practice Friday.

3. Still not convinced that Lamar Jackson is the next coming of Dan Marino.

4. Could possibly get out to a big lead and run most of the 2nd half.

5. Boykin is no slouch, and this could be his week to shine.

6. Last week's opponent seemed to have already quit for the season.

Pros:

1. Stellar production on limited snaps in his first NFL game.

2. Looked like an unstoppable force.

3. Zona's top 2 corners remain out.

4. Connection and timing with Jackson seems established.

5. Zona's offense capable of keeping the game competitive.

6. Has a cool nickname.

Obviously, can't expect last week's #'s this week (or any week, quite frankly), but probably gonna throw him out there as a flex in the couple of leagues I snagged him in. Who else is rolling him out, and what are your expectations?

4 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Who the f@ck is "Hollywood"?

Try to keep up...

If I had any other credible options, I wouldn't, because of the injury sitch and the 1st game as a rookie sitch--but then it's not a problem I'm facing, as I tended to turn my attention toward McLaurin as my primary FA target this week, and where I couldn't get him, Phillip Dorsett, because it's hard to imagine a universe in which both Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown play the rest of the games for the Patriots this season.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If I had any other credible options, I wouldn't, because of the injury sitch and the 1st game as a rookie sitch--but then it's not a problem I'm facing, as I tended to turn my attention toward McLaurin as my primary FA target this week

Yeah, Hollywood is dicey this week.....with huge upside and a floor in the basement. As you know, I have high hopes for Scary Terry also, and ended up with either McLaurin or Hollywood in several leagues. 

Thinking of rolling Hollywood over Fitz against the Ravens or Gordon against the Dolphins. That Pats/Dolphins game could get ugly, and if Gordon doesn't get his in the first half, it could be trouble. Also, not 100% convinced that The Hoodie will run up the score on his former D Coordinator Flores....but I could be wrong.

Fortunately, in another league, I have Waller and Kelce....and our flex allows RB/WR/TE, so I'll fade Hollywood for Waller.

1 minute ago, stonewall said:

Yeah, Hollywood is dicey this week.....with huge upside and a floor in the basement. As you know, I have high hopes for Scary Terry also, and ended up with either McLaurin or Hollywood in several leagues. 

Thinking of rolling Hollywood over Fitz against the Ravens or Gordon against the Dolphins. That Pats/Dolphins game could get ugly, and if Gordon doesn't get his in the first half, it could be trouble. Also, not 100% convinced that The Hoodie will run up the score on his former D Coordinator Flores....but I could be wrong.

Fortunately, in another league, I have Waller and Kelce....and our flex allows RB/WR/TE, so I'll fade Hollywood for Waller.

You'd start Waller over Brown, but you wouldn't start Fitzgerald over Brown???

What DO they teach in these schools...?

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

You'd start Waller over Brown, but you wouldn't start Fitzgerald over Brown???

What DO they teach in these schools...?

My school taught me to check the facts, then go with your gut and live with the consequences. Heck, I'm rolling out The Hard Man in a couple leagues this week.

Yes, Waller over Brown based partially on usage last week (Waller in on nearly every play, and peppered with targets). Gruden quoted this week as saying that he was gonna keep feeding him.

Glad to have Fitz, and expect good things from him this year, but gonna be a tough ask in Baltimore. Love his target share last week, but almost half of his yardage came in OT. Also have the option of James Washington over Hollywood and Fitz in that league....and may just do it. 

7 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Again, who the f#ck is Hollywood? 

Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson

15 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Yes, Waller over Brown based partially on usage last week (Waller in on nearly every play, and peppered with targets). Gruden quoted this week as saying that he was gonna keep feeding him.

I'm not questioning Waller over Brown, I was just wondering why, in light of you making the correct decision to sit Brown in his first game after signing with his new team just a week ago--in a game they probly won't need him anyway--in favor of Waller, you wouldn't make that same decision when weighing Brown against Fitz?

That seems silly.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I'm not questioning Waller over Brown, I was just wondering why, in light of you making the correct decision to sit Brown in his first game after signing with his new team just a week ago--in a game they probly won't need him anyway--in favor of Waller, you wouldn't make that same decision when weighing Brown against Fitz?

That seems silly.

Didn't own Brown last week....

Just now, stonewall said:

Didn't own Brown last week....

Irrelevant.  You said...

35 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Thinking of rolling Hollywood over Fitz against the Ravens or Gordon against the Dolphins.

Which prompted my remark regarding the irrationality of starting Waller over Brown, but thinking of starting Brown over Fitz.

Unfortunately, in my attempt to keep three lines of thought going in my head at this time, only one of which has anything to do with this board, I lost track of which "Brown" we were talking about and argued that it would be silly to start Waller over ANTONIO Brown, but then think about starting ANTONIO Brown over Fitz--so my bad on that.

BUT... my original position remains... I think it's silly to correctly start Waller over HOLLYWOOD Brown in one league, but then think about starting HOLLYWOOD Brown over Fitz in another.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Irrelevant.  You said...

Which prompted my remark regarding the irrationality of starting Waller over Brown, but thinking of starting Brown over Fitz.

Unfortunately, in my attempt to keep three lines of thought going in my head at this time, only one of which has anything to do with this board, I lost track of which "Brown" we were talking about and argued that it would be silly to start Waller over ANTONIO Brown, but then think about starting ANTONIO Brown over Fitz--so my bad on that.

BUT... my original position remains... I think it's silly to correctly start Waller over HOLLYWOOD Brown in one league, but then think about starting HOLLYWOOD Brown over Fitz in another.

Fair enough......but may roll Washington over them both, lol. Will sleep on it.

17 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

Marquise Brown Wr Ravens

Also, he went to college at OU (The University of Oklahoma), before being drafted in the first round by the aforementioned Ravens to play Wide Receiver. 

• Like 1

With Tyreek Hill out (sob!),   I'm starting Marquise against a Patrick Peterson-less Cardinal secondary.  

All it takes is one big play for Hollywood to pay off here.   The Cardinals can't stop TEs either,so I'm also starting Mark Andrews over Vance McDonald.  

I'm rolling him out there.   I'd like to have some action in what could be a fun game to watch.  Both these teams run plays at a top 5 pace.

AZ showed last week that you can't just get a lead and let up.  Balt will have to keep a foot on the pedal. 

There is not a CB playing in AZ right now that can keep up with Brown.  All he needs to do is get a step on one throw and he makes your week.  Balt pounds and keeps the safeties up near the box.  Then it is RPO and Brown is in the third level.  BOOM!

Ravens placed WR Marquise Brown on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

A positive test would rule Brown out for Week 15. There's a chance Brown can still get cleared if he's only a close contact. The Ravens also placed WRs Miles Boykin and James Proche in COVID protocols. They activated Dez Bryant from the COVID-19 list earlier this week.

RELATED: 

Miles Boykin

, James Proche

Dec 16, 2020, 4:18 PM ET

50 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Ravens placed WR Marquise Brown on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

A positive test would rule Brown out for Week 15. There's a chance Brown can still get cleared if he's only a close contact. The Ravens also placed WRs Miles Boykin and James Proche in COVID protocols. They activated Dez Bryant from the COVID-19 list earlier this week.

RELATED: 

Miles Boykin

, James Proche

Dec 16, 2020, 4:18 PM ET

The Wuhu Flu strikes again.

Thanks china

Fire up the Snead.  

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Fire up the Snead.  

....or the Dez