Sign in to follow this  
EternalShinyAndChrome

Where is JuJu?

24 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Is JuJu droppable? Asking for a friend.

I have the same problem but who are you going to drop him for? Is there really anyone that much better on the waiver wire at this point?

You certainly can't trade him.  I've tried.  Seriously, with their QB situation, he has the value of a waiver wire TE. 

When a #2 receiver has Antonio Brown at his peak on the other side of the field, he gains from that. When he becomes the #1, it's a whole different story.  

8 minutes ago, sderk said:

When a #2 receiver has Antonio Brown at his peak on the other side of the field, he gains from that. When he becomes the #1, it's a whole different story.  

Brown didn't have Rudolph and some undrafted kid throwing him the ball.  By now, Antonio's head would have exploded and he would be threatening to never play football again until they upgraded at QB.  This has nothing to do with JuJu's talent.  Big Ben deserves the credit, not Brown. 

Just now, oldtimer said:

Brown didn't have Rudolph and some undrafted kid throwing him the ball.  By now, Antonio's head would have exploded and he would be threatening to never play football again until they upgraded at QB.  This has nothing to do with JuJu's talent.  Big Ben deserves the credit, not Brown. 

Agreed

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Brown would still be getting the ball though. Look at Thomas in New Orleans working with one of the worst QBs in football. He is still putting up numbers. JuJu is just not a top flight #1 at this point. His ADP was overblown by the hype.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

Brown would still be getting the ball though. Look at Thomas in New Orleans working with one of the worst QBs in football. He is still putting up numbers. JuJu is just not a top flight #1 at this point. His ADP was overblown by the hype.

Worst QB's in football?  lol  C'mon, let's not overblow this.  Teddy is considered by nearly every analyst as the best backup in the NFL.  Who is better?  He's 4-0 as their starter.  He also has quite a bit of starting experience from MN.  Rudolph doesn't have that.  They also play in a completely different system.  Thomas is in a system where he's going to get the ball.  JuJu is in a system meant for ONE specific QB.  You cannot call JuJu a bust or say he's not a top flight WR due to having a QB with ZERO NFL experience at the helm.  Wait until Ben is back next year and see how he does.  I agree he sucks right now, but disagree that it has anything to do with him. 

57 minutes ago, sderk said:

Mmm maybe the lost of his Qb might have helped make his season a round two disappointment 

Oh my soul, please start pay attention to the game before you even think about posting. 

Pleaseeeeeee.  

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Worst QB's in football?  lol  C'mon, let's not overblow this.  Teddy is considered by nearly every analyst as the best backup in the NFL.  Who is better?  He's 4-0 as their starter.  He also has quite a bit of starting experience from MN.  Rudolph doesn't have that.  They also play in a completely different system.  Thomas is in a system where he's going to get the ball.  JuJu is in a system meant for ONE specific QB.  You cannot call JuJu a bust or say he's not a top flight WR due to having a QB with ZERO NFL experience at the helm.  Wait until Ben is back next year and see how he does.  I agree he sucks right now, but disagree that it has anything to do with him. 

I never called him a bust, I just never thought he would be a great #1. He is a stellar #2. I mentioned this before the year started.

And he only had 13 points in game 1 of this year with Ben.

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Mmm maybe the lost of his Qb might have helped make his season a round two disappointment 

Oh my soul, please start pay attention to the game before you even think about posting. 

Pleaseeeeeee.  

If I am on the opposite side of things than you, then I feel that I am definitely on the right track. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

If I am on the opposite side of things than you, then I feel that I am definitely on the right track. :thumbsup:

Of course you do. 

49 minutes ago, sderk said:

I tend to agree with this line of thought but I suppose we’ll never really know 

17 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I tend to agree with this line of thought but I suppose we’ll never really know 

True. And isn't there a lot of precedence in the NFL for quality #2s not being able to cut it as a #1?

He should be a decent wr2\3 going forward. Hurt by the ben injury obviously. Maybe wouldnt have been a monster but would have been much better. 

4 minutes ago, mgirgent said:

He should be a decent wr2\3 going forward.

...in a 16 team league.

Just now, Pinesprings said:

how is it possible he only catches 1-7. What a freakin joke. JuJu Smith Drama

Because Tomlinson is a f****** idiot.  The game plan for everybody but big Ben is dink and dunk to the running backs all day long.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Because Tomlinson is a f****** idiot.  The game plan for everybody but big Ben is dink and dunk to the running backs all day long.

Is he focking idiot?

Or is it maybe that he had a training camp arm at QB who was never even supposed to sniff the active roster, yet alone start?

19 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Is he focking idiot?

Or is it maybe that he had a training camp arm at QB who was never even supposed to sniff the active roster, yet alone start?

Nope, he's an idiot.

1 hour ago, Eddie Kennison said:

It’s not all fun and games when you don’t have AB’s coattail to ride on.

Seriously. The guy has never been a #1 in his NFL career and now it's someone else's fault that he is not playing the role of one.

The lost of Big Ben to this team has taken its toll on all the offense skilled players. 

The lost of Big Ben even had a big impact on A Brown, in 2015 Big Ben missed four games, during those for games, 

A Brown had 17 rec for 235 yards and zero tds. 

And juju with Big Ben has gotten it done without Brown. 

In 2017 the last two games of the reg season , with no Brown on the field, juju had 15 rec 218 yards , 2 tds. 

Just silly gooses to think that it’s only because of Brown, the biggest problem for JUJU is the lost of Ben. 

Hey thansk great post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinesprings said:

Way too many commercials too.....annoying. 

Baker and JuJu. 

JuJu has at least done something, Baker hasn't.  

When your QB throws for a whopping 132 yrds, and lots of it was to RB's, there just isn't a lot of love to make it's way to JuJu.  Interesting question will be who starts after the Steelers bye week.  Rudolph practiced this past week and was deemed out (correct move Steelers), but I have to believe he comes back in 2 weeks.  Before he got hurt he said he was going to make a concerted effort to get JuJu the ball more.  If I could pry Juju loose from another team for another asset I might try but only as a WR3 (at best) for my team.  

:dunno:

6 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

JuJu has at least done something, Baker hasn't.  

When your QB throws for a whopping 132 yrds, and lots of it was to RB's, there just isn't a lot of love to make it's way to JuJu.  Interesting question will be who starts after the Steelers bye week.  Rudolph practiced this past week and was deemed out (correct move Steelers), but I have to believe he comes back in 2 weeks.  Before he got hurt he said he was going to make a concerted effort to get JuJu the ball more.  If I could pry Juju loose from another team for another asset I might try but only as a WR3 (at best) for my team.  

:dunno:

Well, if I was juju I would certainly talk to Tomlinson about my role. Why Tomlinson refuses to throw to his best receiver as part of his game plan is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, if I was juju I would certainly talk to Tomlinson about my role. Why Tomlinson refuses to throw to his best receiver as part of his game plan is beyond me.

Tomlin...and this isn't completely unexpected.  JuJu wasn't necessarily ready to assume the #1WR role with AB going bat--crazy and all.  That being said, Tomlin is going to do what he can to protect the very young and very raw QB's he has.  If that means 5 yrd passes, whacky wild-cat formations and an RB heavy game, that's what he'll do.  It's hard to imagine that a 2-4 team is three VERY LATE losses from being 5-1 (against the Seahawks, 49ers and Ravens).  Their 4 losses are to teams that are a combined  20-3 and three of those came right at the end.  So the reality is that they are beyond competitive and I don't think Tomlin is going to change the formula, other than very slowly letting loose the reins.  

38 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

What part of third-string camp arm at QB is confusing to you? Tomlin can only work with what he has 

• Like 1

I mean, they won the game! With a third string QB against a fairly decent team. And yet you criticize Tomlin for not getting your fantasy asset enough targets?? Jesus Christ how dumb can one be

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sderk said:

Seriously. The guy has never been a #1 in his NFL career and now it's someone else's fault that he is not playing the role of one.

Look at the stats JuJu put up WITHOUT Brown playing and with Big Ben at QB.  Weepaws posted them above.  In week one, he had Gilmore shadowing him.  You do realize he's the best CB in the NFL, correct?  13 points against him is a good day for most any WR.  No doubt JuJu isn't going to win anyone a league (or a game) this season, but you seem to be stuck on saying he's not a true #1.  He proved with Big Ben he is, and can be.  Also, you aren't mentioning in week one they rolled out the monstrosity that is Moncrief.  How many drives did he kill by dropping passes?  He was a literal joke. 

In dynasty, I'd buy low on JuJu all day long, if possible.  In redraft, you will have to take your beating and deal with it.  lol  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I mean, they won the game! With a third string QB against a fairly decent team. And yet you criticize Tomlin for not getting your fantasy asset enough targets?? Jesus Christ how dumb can one be

Exactly!!!  What the heck do people expect a fantasy WR to do with a 2nd & 3rd string QB with zero NFL experience?  Tomlin is trying to win games for his team, not someone's fantasy squad. 

17 hours ago, mgirgent said:

He should be a decent wr2\3 going forward. Hurt by the ben injury obviously. Maybe wouldnt have been a monster but would have been much better. 

17 hours ago, AxeElf said:

...in a 16 team league.

3 hours ago, mgirgent said:

The previous week he fared well with 18.50.

It's only by virtue of that one big week that he is even among the top 50 PPR WRs on a points-per-game basis.

He's currently averaging 0.1 PPR ppg less than Mohamed Sanu, and 0.4 PPR ppg more than Cole Beasley.  Would you consider either of them to be decent WR2/3s going forward in anything less than a 16 team league?

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Lol. 

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

It's only by virtue of that one big week that he is even among the top 50 PPR WRs on a points-per-game basis.

He's currently averaging 0.1 PPR ppg less than Mohamed Sanu, and 0.4 PPR ppg more than Cole Beasley.  Would you consider either of them to be decent WR2/3s going forward in anything less than a 16 team league?

To be fair hes had 8 7 7 7 targets in non blowouts (all with good production). 4 4 in the blowouts ( 24-3) and ( 24-0 through 3 qtrs). Those games he was a dud.