Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Drew Brees Thumb Injury - Out 6 Weeks

Teddy in. My opponent has Brees, I have Thomas. No targets yet to Thomas from Teddy.

Have Thomas in PPR and while his value takes a hit, he found a rhythm with TB in the 4th yesterday.  I’m not quite ready to dump Thomas yet.

1 minute ago, makindollaz said:

Have Thomas in PPR and while his value takes a hit, he found a rhythm with TB in the 4th yesterday.  I’m not quite ready to dump Thomas yet.

Went WR/WR with my first two picks...I think for the first time ever... Thomas and JuJu, FML :mad:

Here's what I wrote in our news blurb...

We got a sense yesterday when the injury occurred that Brees was going to miss some time. He couldn't grip the football and left the game with a hard cast on his thumb. Teddy Bridgewater will take over as the starting quarterback while Brees is out. This is a downgrade for all the Saints skill players including Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas and Jared Cook. Bridgewater checks in as a middling QB2.

This explains why someone sent me a trade offer for Kamara.  Man, if this is what life without Brees will look like for him, maybe I should look for a good offer. 

1 hour ago, kutulu said:

Went WR/WR with my first two picks...I think for the first time ever... Thomas and JuJu, FML :mad:

It’s ok, their ceilings just went from the Sistine chapel to a tiny house.

Any chance they roll out Taysom Hill? Is he the dual threat savior all of us Winston drafters deserve?

I think T Hill will get a little bit more opportunities. 

5 minutes ago, Cretins said:

FML.   I had two QBs on my roster.  Brees and Big Ben.   Time to find a scrub off the wire!

FML too..dammit 

56 minutes ago, Cretins said:

FML.   I had two QBs on my roster.  Brees and Big Ben.   Time to find a scrub off the wire!

Shouldn't be too hard unless you're in a superflex or very large league.

1 hour ago, Cretins said:

me to whos better rudolf or teddy?

I still belive that without a HOF Qb like Bress, there is bound to be downgrades in production. 

I have serious doubts that Bridgewater can stay upright for 6 games.  Or that he's any good. 

It would be really fun to see Taysom Hill play more.

He had a monster year for BYU in 2013, passing for 2,938 yards and 19 TDs (13 games), and adding another 1,344 yards and 10 TDs rushing.

It would be interesting to see what he could do, maybe even put him and Kamara in the same backfield with Bridgewater, essentially giving them 2 QBs and 2 RBs between the 3 players.  Chaos ensues...