Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

Antonio Brown

You think he’ll be that productive? 

8 minutes ago, BobSanders_33 said:

Opposing D's have a tough choice ahead.  He is just getting started.  The big winner is Brady.

I think his situation might be like gronks was.....just needed playing time to get back into the flow. 

59 minutes ago, BobSanders_33 said:

The big winner is Brady.

That would be fine by me. 

Although the Rotoworld review wasn't so kind.

The box score is very kind to Brady, but his receivers bailed him out on a number of off target throws and he missed a few other open receivers for big gains. One example, Antonio brown was streaking across the middle of the field and TB12 overthrew him by five yards in the wrong direction.

3 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

I can see him becoming a bigger part of the offense. 

No question about that, but how big, and if you own him, can you trust starting him. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

No question about that, but how big, and if you own him, can you trust starting him. 

Therein lies the rub....

14 hours ago, easilyscan said:

That would be fine by me. 

Although the Rotoworld review wasn't so kind.

The box score is very kind to Brady, but his receivers bailed him out on a number of off target throws and he missed a few other open receivers for big gains. One example, Antonio brown was streaking across the middle of the field and TB12 overthrew him by five yards in the wrong direction.

Exactly.   There is a lot of room for error and Brady can still have a big game. If Brady plays perfect he would have had 400+ yards and 5TDs.  Godwin still isn't 100% and Brown is still getting upto speed. The fantasy playoffs look amazing.  

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

That's the case with probably at least half of the players we talk about for fantasy purposes.

I think the thing with a player like Antonio Brown, it's going to be almost impossible to expect anything other than him returning to his glory days with the Steelers when he was arguably the most valuable player in fantasy football.

He is at this point, I say a good flex option, and maybe that will improve as things move along. That's likely what he remains.

It's just so difficult to temper those expectations.

10 hours ago, polecatt said:

That's the case with probably at least half of the players we talk about for fantasy purposes.

I think the thing with a player like Antonio Brown, it's going to be almost impossible to expect anything other than him returning to his glory days with the Steelers when he was arguably the most valuable player in fantasy football.

He is at this point, I say a good flex option, and maybe that will improve as things move along. That's likely what he remains.

It's just so difficult to temper those expectations.

Come ff playoff time, I think it’s going to be a tough decision when all three of those Bucs WRs are healthy. 

Plus Gronk, and I saw that Brate had a score, and then you have R Jones plus Fournette, interesting situation if you own those guys, and tough decisions. 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

Come ff playoff time, I think it’s going to be a tough decision when all three of those Bucs WRs are healthy. 

Plus Gronk, and I saw that Brate had a score, and then you have R Jones plus Fournette, interesting situation if you own those guys, and tough decisions. 

I don't think it's all that tough of a decision.  If you have Godwin, Evans, or Jones... you start them.  If you have Gronk, that's not really a tough decision, but your expectations need to be tempered.  Most TE's are going to get you about 9 to 12 points a week.  Gronk will do that.  He won't get you the elite numbers he used to, but he'll get you numbers that are acceptable.

If you have Fournette, it's been proven that he's simply NOT a better RB than Jones.  So, you bench him unless Jones gets hurt.

If you have Brown, he's your flex option.  Play him if either Godwin or Evans is out... or you compare him to your other flex options.

Tampa's remaining schedule is...

Rams, Chiefs, (bye), Vikings, Falcons, Lions, Falcons.  There's not much there to be concerned with... especially the playoffs with Min/Atl/Det.

48 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't think it's all that tough of a decision.  If you have Godwin, Evans, or Jones... you start them.  If you have Gronk, that's not really a tough decision, but your expectations need to be tempered.  Most TE's are going to get you about 9 to 12 points a week.  Gronk will do that.  He won't get you the elite numbers he used to, but he'll get you numbers that are acceptable.

If you have Fournette, it's been proven that he's simply NOT a better RB than Jones.  So, you bench him unless Jones gets hurt.

If you have Brown, he's your flex option.  Play him if either Godwin or Evans is out... or you compare him to your other flex options.

Tampa's remaining schedule is...

Rams, Chiefs, (bye), Vikings, Falcons, Lions, Falcons.  There's not much there to be concerned with... especially the playoffs with Min/Atl/Det.

Agreed, tough decisions. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Agreed, tough decisions. 

Apparently we're not seeing the same thing.  Looks pretty easy to me.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Apparently we're not seeing the same thing.  Looks pretty easy to me.

I said I agree with you, with what you posted, it’ll be hard to say who’s going to be the play each and every weekend. 

All one has to do , is look at the weekly scoring of those players, let’s take Jones vs Fournette, Jones had produced 5 total non ppr points prior to this past weekend, Fournette had 11, non ppr you Evans who based on avg points per game is barely a wr2, and Godwin based on a game is a wr3, and now you add A Brown, and toss in the Gronk, oh yeah it’s going to be tough deciding whom to play  

So again I agree with your post   

Thanks  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I said I agree with you, with what you posted, it’ll be hard to say who’s going to be the play each and every weekend. 

All one has to do , is look at the weekly scoring of those players, let’s take Jones vs Fournette, Jones had produced 5 total non ppr points prior to this past weekend, Fournette had 11, non ppr you Evans who based on avg points per game is barely a wr2, and Godwin based on a game is a wr3, and now you add A Brown, and toss in the Gronk, oh yeah it’s going to be tough deciding whom to play  

So again I agree with your post   

Thanks  

I didn't say it would be hard at all.  I said it was pretty easy.  You start Godwin, Evans, and Jones.  Start Brown as a flex and Gronk as a TE... with realistic expectations.  Brown will get you around 10-15 points, Gronk about 10-12 points.  Bench Fournette.

Now, you're playing in a non-ppr, so reduce the numbers a few.

So no, we don't agree at all.  You seem to think the decisions are tough... I think it's extremely easy.  Evans/Godwin = WR1, Jones = RB2, Gronk = (low)TE, Brown = Flex, Fournette = Bench.  Why is that tough?

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Why is that tough?

maybe because you list Godwin as a wr1 but through 10 weeks he has finished as a wr1 one time in half ppr (week 7 vs raiders: 9-88 1td.) he has zero 100 yard games. In what world is that a wr1? Tee Higgins and JuJu average more fantasy points in half ppr than godwin, are they also wr1's?

19 minutes ago, jrokh said:

maybe because you list Godwin as a wr1 but through 10 weeks he has finished as a wr1 one time in half ppr (week 7 vs raiders: 9-88 1td.) he has zero 100 yard games. In what world is that a wr1? Tee Higgins and JuJu average more fantasy points in half ppr than godwin, are they also wr1's?

Oh, my bad.  I thought we were talking about what the expectations of the future are... not what happened in the past.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, my bad.  I thought we were talking about what the expectations of the future are... not what happened in the past.

what are the Bucs going to scheme differently in the future, that they haven't done in the present? take the next game for example, I would think against the rams Godwin is a wr2 at best...

24 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I didn't say it would be hard at all.  I said it was pretty easy.  You start Godwin, Evans, and Jones.  Start Brown as a flex and Gronk as a TE... with realistic expectations.  Brown will get you around 10-15 points, Gronk about 10-12 points.  Bench Fournette.

Now, you're playing in a non-ppr, so reduce the numbers a few.

So no, we don't agree at all.  You seem to think the decisions are tough... I think it's extremely easy.  Evans/Godwin = WR1, Jones = RB2, Gronk = (low)TE, Brown = Flex, Fournette = Bench.  Why is that tough?

You don’t have a wr1 when it comes to ff on that team, neither of the three have posted avg wr 1 numbers, and it won’t happen on a regular bases going forward. And Jones and Fournette and played in sevens games together, in which each have outscored the other three times and the other game they scored the same about of non ppr points.  

As you posted how many players that the Bucs have that can produce, so I agree.  

Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

what are the Bucs going to scheme differently in the future, that they haven't done in the present? take the next game for example, I would think against the rams Godwin is a wr2 at best...

They don't have to scheme anything differently.  You saw on Sunday what they're able to do.  Are they going to score 46 points?  Of course not, but the anomaly is Jones.  He's clearly not going to run for almost 200 yards every week.

Brady throwing for 300 and 3 is not an anomaly, it's almost expected.  Since week 3, he's thrown for about 300 yards and/or at least 2 TD's in 5 of the last 8 weeks.  The Green Bay game, he wasn't needed.  A defensive score and a 2 yard TD drive will certainly reduce your need for offensive performance.  If you think the Bucs are going to do that again, well, then that's awesome for me and Bucs fans and sucky for fantasy players.  That said, I wouldn't think anyone would predict that.  As for the other two, the Bears on a short week... on the road and a prime time game against the Saints who just always has the Bucs' number.  Fortunately, the Bucs don't play the Saints again and nor do the Bucs have any short weeks on the road against top tier defenses.

The Bucs' remaining schedule is nothing to fear.  Have teams passed on the Rams this year?  No, but I'd contend that they haven't really been tested all that much.  They played the whole NFC East so far, the Bears, Dolphins, and depleted 49ers.  That's 7 of their 9 games.  Against the Bills (on the road... just like this coming week), they gave up 300 yards and 4 TD's to Josh Allen.  Sure, they've slowed down the Seahawks, but that's division matchup and historically, they've done well against them.  Now, if you want to make the claim that Tampa has sucked in Prime Time games, I'll agree.  If you want to downgrade them because of that, I won't argue, but from a matchup perspective, the Rams don't scare me.

The Chiefs get into shootouts, especially against good offenses.  I expect both the Bucs and Chiefs to be in the 30's.  After that, the Bucs have a bye, then Minnesota, Atlanta, and Detroit in the playoffs.  Minnesota is 28th against WR's in fantasy and 18th against QB's.  Atlanta is 30th against WR's and 32nd against QB's.  Detroit is 15th against WR's and 20th against QB's.  None of these teams are all that good at defending the pass.

Going forward, I see Godwin getting around 7 receptions for about 120 yards... Evans getting about 5 for 80 and a TD, and Brown getting around 6 for 70.  I see Gronk around 4 for 40.  The difference for these guys will be... who gets the other TD (or 2).  So, I see Evans and Godwin around 19 fpg, Gronk at 8 and Brown at 13.  On average.

I see 19 points for a WR as a WR1.  I see 8 for a TE as a low end TE/high TE2... will he get a score is what will make the difference.  I see 13 for a WR as a WR3/Flex.

I'll take the under on 19 for godwin. considering he averages 11, i'll take my chances...

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

Exactly, Godwin has WR1 potential but he's really only lived up to that one season. He's injury prone too.

They now own three WRs with Wr1 potential. 

16 hours ago, polecatt said:

Exactly, Godwin has WR1 potential but he's really only lived up to that one season. He's injury prone too.

Does that mean McCaffrey is injury prone too?  Both came into the league the same year.  Godwin has played in 52 games, McCaffrey 51.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Does that mean McCaffrey is injury prone too?  Both came into the league the same year.  Godwin has played in 52 games, McCaffrey 51.

He is now. His heavy workload has caught up to him, kind of like Godwin, who starting getting injured when he started getting the touches of a WR1

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

He is now. His heavy workload has caught up to him, kind of like Godwin, who starting getting injured when he started getting the touches of a WR1

Ok, we clearly just have a differing opinion on what constitutes "injury prone".

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Ok, we clearly just have a differing opinion on what constitutes "injury prone".

I guess so. I'm predicting the future a bit I say. McCaffrey is a RB who has had a very heavy workload for 3 years. He's not been able to stay on the field this season and is having the typical sort of injuries that a RB who is out of gas gets. Maybe he comes back and can play next season like he has before, but I think the odds are against it.

Godwin stayed healthy when he was getting a WR3 workload but when he had it bumped up to a WR1 workload he's not been able to stay healthy.

Maybe it's a coincidence, but until he can stay healthy at that pace, I'm saying he's a bit injury prone

22 minutes ago, BobSanders_33 said:

As an owner of Evans in one league and Godwin and Brown in the other I'll quote the old saying when a team has 3 WR1s they have no WR1s.

They don't have 3 WR1's, they have 2.  Brown is NOT in any way, a WR1, in Tampa.

44 minutes ago, BobSanders_33 said:

As an owner of Evans in one league and Godwin and Brown in the other I'll quote the old saying when a team has 3 WR1s they have no WR1s.

Agreed

4 hours ago, BobSanders_33 said:

I don't think that's an old saying.  I think you're paraphrasing an old saying about 2 QBs, which wouldn't translate directly to WRs, since a team can obviously have 2 WR1s (as Tampa Bay did last year).

On 11/16/2020 at 10:28 PM, AxeElf said:

I hadn't heard about this...

Antonio Brown Destroys Video Camera

The Bucs appear unconcerned, but it's a bad sign from a guy who says he's a changed man after anger management classes.

if the nfl is investigating, you likely wont see a suspension until next year.

dude is on a 1 year contract.  Bucs probably dont care so long as he can play out the season.

8 hours ago, Ray_T said:

if the nfl is investigating, you likely wont see a suspension until next year.

dude is on a 1 year contract.  Bucs probably dont care so long as he can play out the season.

If they're investigating at all.  It sounds like it was a known issue when Brown was signed, and nobody seems very concerned about it.

I wouldn't be concerned about the incident per se; I'm more concerned with the fact that it shows that his anger control issues haven't been put behind him, and it is an alert that Brown is still a bit of a ticking time bomb in terms of sabotaging his own chances for success.