Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

Well after last's weekend of doing nothing, guilt energy got me through doing the lawn, installing the shelves and finishing the drywall in the basement.   By my math, I don't need to do anything on the weekends for 3 years.   ETA:  Ironically - as someone who spends half his job doing motion design who and making color decisions every day, 3 years is probably the amount of time it will take me to decide on a color for the office I'm building in the basement.     

On this day in 1620 the Pilgrims sail from England on the Mayflower....and there goes the neighborhood.

I'm sure this will be another great week of kindness and thoughtful debate between all the of us here.   Have a great week geeks.

• Haha 1

Dobro Jutro.  For the uneducated, that's good morning in Slovenian, which happens to be the language spoken by the 2019 Vuelta a Espana winner, Primoz Roglic.

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Well after last's weekend of doing nothing, guilt energy got me through doing the lawn, installing the shelves and finishing the drywall in the basement.   By my math, I don't need to do anything on the weekends for 3 years.   ETA:  Ironically - as someone who spends half his job doing motion design who and making color decisions every day, 3 years is probably the amount of time it will take me to decide on a color for the office I'm building in the basement.     

On this day in 1620 the Pilgrims sail from England on the Mayflower....and there goes the neighborhood.

I'm sure this will be another great week of kindness and thoughtful debate between all the of us here.   Have a great week geeks.

Interesting that they set sail with winter approaching.

I had a somewhat lazy weekend.  Watched ASU somehow pull out that game against Michigan State.  Forks up!  :banana:

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Interesting that they set sail with winter approaching.

I had a somewhat lazy weekend.  Watched ASU somehow pull out that game against Michigan State.  Forks up!  :banana:

There has been crying(MSU Grads) and mocking(Michigan Grads) about that in the office today. As a Wisconsin grad, I've just kept my mouth shut.    

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

And my ancestors arrived 10 years later in 1630. Then the neighborhood really went to sh!t.

Also, any windows in the basement to let in natural light? If not, I'd go with a lighter shade of a neutral color to keep things bright. You can change accent colors as often as you want without having to paint the walls all over again. 

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

And my ancestors arrived 10 years later in 1630. Then the neighborhood really went to sh!t.

Also, any windows in the basement to let in natural light? If not, I'd go with a lighter shade of a neutral color to keep things bright. You can change accent colors as often as you want without having to paint the walls all over again. 

John Winger(Stripes):  We’re Americans, with a capital ‘A’, huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We’re the underdog. We’re mutts!

:thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

There has been crying(MSU Grads) and mocking(Michigan Grads) about that in the office today. As a Wisconsin grad, I've just kept my mouth shut.    

I married into a UM family but her cousins became Sparties.  We also have some MSU friends at our gym, should be fun smack talk this week.  :D 

UM needed overtime to beat Army, my wife is not exactly brimming with confidence going into the Wisconsin game this week.

• Haha 1