Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Ben Roethlisberger out for the year

ouch

Boost for Vance McDonald? Rudolph threw both of his Td's to him...

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Boost for Vance McDonald? Rudolph threw both of his Td's to him...

I'd say the biggest boost is to James Washington. Moncrief has looked horrible the first two games plus Rudolph and Washington were teammates at OK State.

• Like 1

Rudolph actually ignited the offense a bit yesterday but this may be the end of Big Ben.  If i understood (didn't see the play where it occurred) this was a non-contact injury?  But, much like Cam Newton, he looked "off" thus far this year.  He was missing on his throws, didn't have zip on the ball and looked ineffective.  As a Steelers fan, this team is a shitshow right now. 

14 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

I'd say the biggest boost is to James Washington. Moncrief has looked horrible the first two games plus Rudolph and Washington were teammates at OK State.

Moncrief may get cut.  If not, i'm not sure he sees the field again.  That INT created by him was a killer.  Agree completely on Washington.  The chemistry with Rudolph is real.  

Tough one 

I feel bad for Big Ben. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

Bingo. The connection they had at Okla State was real. Great time to buy low on Washington.

As bad as Ben looked in Week One, and prior to his injury yesterday, I'm not so certain Rudolph won't be a better alternative for us fantasy owners.  It appeared something wasn't "right" with him last week.  It was hard to tell if anything was bothering him, but I haven't seen him ever look as bad as he did against New England.  I agree with whomever above said this is likely the end for him. 

I do not recall seeing Rudolph play in college.  Is he worth picking up?  I'm in desperate need as I just traded for Big Ben last week.  Thought I'd get him cheap after the debacle in New England.  That will teach me....

did anyone actually see Rudolf play.. im floundering with Carr and Cousins as my tandem at QB.. i could go get Rudolf.. if he'd be an Upgrade.

thoughts?

2 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

So you're saying he could be the next Earl Bennett?

All I know is Rudolph threw 19 passes yesterday and only targeted Washington once, why was that?

Washington wasn’t open. 

Smart move my the rookie Qb. 

I know they have a okla st connection, but Washington hasn’t really shown consistently to be someone that I think will step up because of the new Qb. 

Pitt is in a world of hurt. 

The notion that we're debating WR2 options among two mediocre talents on a team that may be in the #TankforTua sweepstakes is kind of funny.

5 minutes ago, zftcg said:

The notion that we're debating WR2 options among two mediocre talents on a team that may be in the #TankforTua sweepstakes is kind of funny.

They should call it the #LoveHurts sweepstakes.

Take this for whatever it may be worth.  The Steelers actually had a round 1 grade on Rudolph before the draft last year.  Now, that's their evaluation, not the league consensus.  They were thrilled that he fell to them in the 3rd round.  Beyond that, there has been a lot of talk over the summer and training camp about what great command he had of the offense and how much more comfortable he looked behind center.  He also had a great preseason, and vaulted past Dobbs for the backup spot.  Local reporters are relaying info from his teammates who say he is a film hound and a super fast study.  I'm not saying he's going to be a world beater, but this is legitimately the best backup QB the Steelers have had in a long time.  There are also reports that at a minimum Ben came out of the Pats with something wrong with the elbow, and conjecture that it was there prior to that.  From what I saw (a lot of New England and a little of Seattle in highlights) Ben was VERY inaccurate on the deep ball, which could be indicative of a problem.  Defenses are going to load up on the run to make Rudolph beat them, so he may get plenty of opportunity.

Yeah but they still have maybe the most over rated head coach. 

Rudolph is going to be fun to watch, and I hope he as a lot of success and he even takes the Steelers to the playoffs. 

But ive never been much of a fan of the Steelers coaching unit. 

It’s pretty amazing who they lost this season. 

Ben, Bell, and Brown. 

10 hours ago, zftcg said:

Except the steelers don't have a ticket, having traded their pick already. Love it. The steelers need a decade of futility. 

Playoffs? Playoffs?! Your talking about playoffs?! I just hope they can win a game. There’s no playoffs, they are 0-2 and lost Ben, the season is very over. Downgrade the whole offense and just hope you get WR/RB2 numbers from Juju and Conner. Guys like Washington and Vance actually become interesting though. Lower ceiling sure but still possibly relevent.

11 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I'll stick with JuJu.

As a #3 receiver for sure.

13 minutes ago, JediMaster said:

Dynasty League, currently have Darnold as my #3 QB, would you want Rudolph or Darnold long term?

Thinking future...

Too early to tell,  I wouldn't make a decision until you see Rudolph play a few games.