Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

Mahommes

So far

He and Andy Reid are a perfect match.  It's sure different watching them play now vs. when Alex Smith was the QB.  Alex was good, but would never throw into coverage.  Ever.  lol  Since our St. Louis Rams left, most everyone in our area joined the Chiefs bandwagon.  It has been quite the ride. 

I was listening to one of the talking heads on the NFL Network in my car a week or so ago.  He was saying that 50% (that seemed high to me) of his TD's last season were of the "iffy" variety and he would be fortunate to hit low 30's in 2019.  From what I've seen, the only way he doesn't hit 50 again is if he gets injured. 

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I was listening to one of the talking heads on the NFL Network in my car a week or so ago.  He was saying that 50% (that seemed high to me) of his TD's last season were of the "iffy" variety and he would be fortunate to hit low 30's in 2019.  From what I've seen, the only way he doesn't hit 50 again is if he gets injured. 

Regression to the mean is the easy call whenever anyone has an outstanding season, but it looks like Mahomes may defy that statistical norm--he may be the outlier whose "outliers" are not, in fact, outliers.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Regression to the mean is the easy call whenever anyone has an outstanding season, but it looks like Mahomes may defy that statistical norm--he may be the outlier whose "outliers" are not, in fact, outliers.

Agreed.  He's just different.  I can't explain why really, but his ball placement is unreal at times.  The fact that he has so much confidence probably helps.  I tend to downgrade players slightly after monster seasons for the exact reason you mentioned.  I still didn't draft him in any leagues as his price was just too high for a QB, but those that did are probably feeling pretty good.  If he hits 50 again, and the team returns intact for 2020, do you think there is a shot he moves up to the early second or possibly late first? 

I think it was more like, no one as done it before, so it’s hard to see him doing it again, and doubt he can. 

I don’t recall anyone saying it’s impossible. 

So far so good, still a lot of football to go.