edjr

Who else was bigly wrong about Lamar Jackson?

Lamar Jackson had a Wonderlic score of 13 which is much higher than I would have guessed. 

Toto has pulled back the curtain.

This is what makes the NFL great. One week makes or breaks a guy, especially when it comes to fantasy.

Not watched a lot of Ravens football.............but is he the reason they aren't winning?

From what little I have seen, he's still the real deal - a major threat. I'd take him on my team.

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Not watched a lot of Ravens football.............but is he the reason they aren't winning?

From what little I have seen, he's still the real deal - a major threat. I'd take him on my team.

4 TD's & 5 INT's in the last 3 games, he's absolutely part of the problem.

Not a Lamar backer but he came to the league raw.  How many games has he started? He isnt near a finished product.

Health is the key for running QBs.

Also IQ puts a ceiling on him.

Looks on the same level as Baker and Baker was more polished coming in....supposedly.

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Not a Lamar backer but he came to the league raw.  How many games has he started? He isnt near a finished product.

Health is the key for running QBs.

Also IQ puts a ceiling on him.

Looks on the same level as Baker and Baker was more polished coming in....supposedly.

As raw as the chick Darnold got mono from?

7 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

He has passed the audition.  Top 15.

Disagree. I think he’s basically a dumber Kaepernick. Remember how that guy took a team to the super bowl? Problem was he was too limited and when defenses adjusted he stunk.

I think Baltimore put in place a good offense this year to hide Jackson’s limitations. I think defenses quickly figured it out and now here we are.

He totally sucks. He's another sCam. No ability to throw the ball and if he can't run, he's useless, see Scam now. he threw 2 up for grabs a couple of weeks ago and the receivers bailed out his craptastic passes. His stats this past week are more in line with his putrid abilities. Man, Belicheck is gonna do a number on him In a couple of weeks. He's got 3 candyass games left (CIN x2 & NYJ). The rest are real NFL teams.

Really good QB's  Are smart. Even rednecks like Bradshaw and Favre have football smarts. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Disagree. I think he’s basically a dumber Kaepernick. Remember how that guy took a team to the super bowl? Problem was he was too limited and when defenses adjusted he stunk.

I think Baltimore put in place a good offense this year to hide Jackson’s limitations. I think defenses quickly figured it out and now here we are.

Racist. :mad:

On 9/16/2019 at 3:54 PM, edjr said:

2018 NFL Draft

#1 Baker Mayfield
#3 Sam Monold
#7 Josh Allen
#10 Josh Rosen
#32 Lamar Jackson

I haven't been this wrong since I had Scam Newton as a bust.

Josh Rosen will win a SuperBowl first!!! 

:pointstosky:

It could happen.... go dolphins

On 10/8/2019 at 7:35 AM, Reality said:

You weren't wrong, he is who we thought he was.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:59 AM, Reality said:

4 TD's & 5 INT's in the last 3 games, he's absolutely part of the problem.

The dude above is wrong and stupid.  Don't know how long it will last but, MVP level football is good enough for me to admit I was wrong.

Good on ya Lamar, you have worked on your craft.  You are a a player.

• Like 1

the concerning thing about lamar jackson is that he is 2-4 when he faces a team the second time (or more).  the two wins were vs the bengals and steelers (and lamar threw 3 picks in the steeler win)

I think teams will eventually develop a defensive approach that will deal with the situation in Baltimore, we have seen this before....

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think teams will eventually develop a defensive approach that will deal with the situation in Baltimore, we have seen this before....

This. He will get figured out or get hurt. 

Let’s also not forget he is dumber than a box of catshitt

• Thanks 1

nfl pundits overreact a lot.  lamar is now getting showered with praise.  a couple bad games and the pundits will bury him.  they keep swinging their opinions from high to low until they hit on a player that wins, but they dont know much. 

5 minutes ago, riversco said:

nfl pundits overreact a lot.  lamar is now getting showered with praise.  a couple bad games and the pundits will bury him.  they keep swinging their opinions from high to low until they hit on a player that wins, but they dont know much. 

Pretty much.  They have even turned on the golden cheater Brady at this time.  Classic.

5 minutes ago, riversco said:

You just don't beat Brady and Belicheat.  Doesn't happen.  Don't hold your breath for those "couple of bad games".  The Ravens are not in the position of relying on him to win which is a great spot for him to be in.

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You just don't beat Brady and Belicheat.  Doesn't happen.  Don't hold your breath for those "couple of bad games".  The Ravens are not in the position of relying on him to win which is a great spot for him to be in.

Not sure I agree with that, maybe, but its a little early to suggest that might be true.  If the Ravens have developed a system, as the Patriots have, where you can plug in any QB and win 10+ games then maybe you could be right on this, I dont see they have that yet.

23 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

They said the same thing about Vince Young when he pulled some massive upsets. INDY with Manning, NO with Brees. He lives under a bridge now.

30 minutes ago, riversco said:

You could replace Lamar Jackson in the videos of these hammerheads talking about him revolutionizing the game and you would think you were in 2006 or 2007.

2 things: Top 5 running game. Rock solid defense. Same thing Vince Young had....until he didn't. This style of play is not sustainable even in the 2019 wussified rules NFL.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-10-22-clay-travis-lamar-jackson-is-just-another-vince-young-tim-tebow-or-rgiii/

He's better than Vinc but his destiny is the same or the same as Bob Griffin the Turd.

21 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Not sure I agree with that, maybe, but its a little early to suggest that might be true.  If the Ravens have developed a system, as the Patriots have, where you can plug in any QB and win 10+ games then maybe you could be right on this, I dont see they have that yet.

They are crushing it by running the ball and playing their usual great defense.  Lamar is given a huge amount of latitude and is rarely put in a position to make a mistake.

On 9/17/2019 at 7:13 AM, drobeski said:

Kapernick started out good too. 

At no point in his career did Kaep ever make a leap like Lamar has. none. The ONLY time kaep was effective was when the D was penalized during the read option for hitting the QB. They changed that rule the following year to make the QB part of the play and he could not adjust. The read option was THAT important to his game. He is not a good typical QB and they took away the one thing that made him effective. 

40 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

At no point in his career did Kaep ever make a leap like Lamar has. none. The ONLY time kaep was effective was when the D was penalized during the read option for hitting the QB. They changed that rule the following year to make the QB part of the play and he could not adjust. The read option was THAT important to his game. He is not a good typical QB and they took away the one thing that made him effective. 

Holy sh!t.....where the hell did you come from.....normally no one bothers to even know this sh!t....thank you sir....its nice to see someone with a brain....  :headbanger:

• Like 1

Who was it here that said he is just dumb enough for the pressure not to get to him? I agree with that assessment. 

• Haha 1

Let's wait to see how good he is after he gets his first knee surgery after getting hit from the side as he scampers down field every other play. 

People said similar things about Vick. Then injuries occurred from all the rushing. 

At Louisville, the year before he won the Heisman, I thought that he was the guy I wanted the Bucs to take one day.  Thought then that he'd be amazing.  Still waiting.  We'll see what happens.  Takes more than 16 or so games to make a definitive opinion on a player.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Holy sh!t.....where the hell did you come from.....normally no one bothers to even know this sh!t....thank you sir....its nice to see someone with a brain....  :headbanger:

Man I have been saying this for years now and no one takes me serious. Its such a polarizing issue that its Kaep always sucked(which he didn't)  or Kaep should be a starter NOW(which he shouldn't") that the real issue gets washed away in the yelling voices and talking heads. 

4 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Man I have been saying this for years now and no one takes me serious. Its such a polarizing issue that its Kaep always sucked(which he didn't)  or Kaep should be a starter NOW(which he shouldn't") that the real issue gets washed away in the yelling voices and talking heads. 

My take is that throwing around the term 'black balled' these days is simply ridiculous. Any team in the NFL that doesn't want to win NOW, wants to win within the next 2 years. If kaepernick was any good, he would be on a team. And then after the initial media blitz, everyone would move on. 

kaepernick doesn't even want a job in the NFL. He wants exposure. Plus he is a bltch douche whiny puss. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

My take is that throwing around the term 'black balled' these days is simply ridiculous. Any team in the NFL that doesn't want to win NOW, wants to win within the next 2 years. If kaepernick was any good, he would be on a team. And then after the initial media blitz, everyone would move on. 

kaepernick doesn't even want a job in the NFL. He wants exposure. Plus he is a bltch douche whiny puss. 

I don't buy that either.  Look at the Patriots - do you think that Kessler as a 3rd string QB has more value to the Patriots winning this season than Kaepernick running a scout team to simulate Jackson, Watson, Mahomes, Prescott, Josh Allen (all of whom the Patriot have on their schedule)?

No team wants to deal with the drama that he brings. 

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I don't buy that either.  Look at the Patriots - do you think that Kessler as a 3rd string QB has more value to the Patriots winning this season than Kaepernick running a scout team to simulate Jackson, Watson, Mahomes, Prescott, Josh Allen (all of whom the Patriot have on their schedule)?

No team wants to deal with the drama that he brings. 

I do. Kaepernick isn't worth the headache is my point here. And, he wouldn't take that contract anyway. The guy wants stipulations and guarantees.  

4 hours ago, RLLD said:

or submit a starting lineup in a fantatsy league you have recenty joined.

5 hours ago, RLLD said:

I actually think it is going to go the other way. They are building around him.  I would lay even money that they pick up Antonio Brown on the cheap this offseason. Why? So he can star with is cousin, rebuild his value and play with Jackson. The fact that Jackson has made such a leap means its up to the management to surround him with good players. A draft that included a WR and AB would make them into a superteam. Shitt the jump he has made so far IS going to make the Ravens THE FA destination this offseason. People are going to......flock.....to them as free agents. Also if they pick up a WR like brown their adjustment would be to go even more runbase  heavy with both andews and hurst in the game leaving the browns on the outside on man 

He is 3rd in QBR...or 4th in Passer Rating....4th in Touchdown Passes....6th in yards per attempt.

Seems legit. :dunno:

13 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

I actually think it is going to go the other way. They are building around him.  I would lay even money that they pick up Antonio Brown on the cheap this offseason. Why? So he can star with is cousin, rebuild his value and play with Jackson. The fact that Jackson has made such a leap means its up to the management to surround him with good players. A draft that included a WR and AB would make them into a superteam. Shitt the jump he has made so far IS going to make the Ravens THE FA destination this offseason. People are going to......flock.....to them as free agents. Also if they pick up a WR like brown their adjustment would be to go even more runbase  heavy with both andews and hurst in the game leaving the browns on the outside on man 

I dont put it past NFL teams.

But why young good looking teams would pursue AB is beyond me.  Risk already having a top 2 team in the league for the greed of hoping AB can be some what mature.  

AB is a dumpster fire.  Any team that takes him on will get what they deserve.  

Raiders look fine without him.

15 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

God I hope you are wrong, I have no interest in another TO.  Let some other club deal with the idiots....