edjr

Who else was bigly wrong about Lamar Jackson?

Lamar is looking pretty unstoppable.  The 49ers have been weaker vs running qb.  Game is in Baltimore.  This does not bode well for the good guys.  We'll see how well that amazing defense performs vs arguably the best (and most balanced) team in the league.

Just now, Bier Meister said:

Lamar is looking pretty unstoppable.  The 49ers have been weaker vs running qb.  Game is in Baltimore.  This does not bode well for the good guys.  We'll see how well that amazing defense performs vs arguably the best (and most balanced) team in the league.

I remember when Daunte Culpepper was unstoppable

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Sure.   I have long believed that running qbs create tough matchups for coverage, but it is not enduring.  At some point they need to go through their progressions and run as a 3rd or 4th option.

58 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

hmm, looking around the league, the best 5 QB's in football right now are all black

Wilson, Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Prescott.  And quite frankly if I was starting a franchise, my 6th would be Murray

but the NFL is racist against Kaepernick

So glad the Giants got a white guy from Duke. 

J/k

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

This is gonna be a rough one for the 9'ers, no way around it.

The Ravens can run, play defense with anyone and have this joystick at QB. In 2019, they are going to be hard to beat. Plus they have one of the great kickers of all time. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Ravens can run, play defense with anyone and have this joystick at QB. In 2019, they are going to be hard to beat. Plus they have one of the great kickers of all time. 

agree

Jackson 143.7 rating in last 4 games. Ridiculous. 75% completions and 5 TDs last night actually lowered it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edjr said:

RG III anyone?

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

Sure.   I have long believed that running qbs create tough matchups for coverage, but it is not enduring.  At some point they need to go through their progressions and run as a 3rd or 4th option.

Scam Newton was a BEAS that one season, 35 passing, 10 rushing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Scam Newton was a BEAS that one season, 35 passing, 10 rushing

He has had several good season, but never very accurate.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Tom Brady has issued a challenge on Twitter:

Me vs Lamar, 40 Yard Dash on natural grass but he has to wear rollerblades. Who’s buying the PPV?

As long as the Patriots don't get to film it. 

2 hours ago, Reality said:

MVP is a wrap

Sure seems like it.  
IMO, it has been between him and Christian throughout the year. Both incredible.

I just hope that Lamar can continue with the style he plays for many years to come.  So damn exciting to watch. 
I loved watching him in Louisville, but honestly didn't think he could transfer his "special skill set" from there to the NFL at all.  

Wish I drafted him, hate playing against him, but damn...That boy be good

hes so humble, I really like him

the post game interview, they told him Lamar not only do you got the rushing record, but the passing TD team record, he was like wow thats great, thanks to my great TE's and RB's and WR's thats the only way I could do it

42 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Sure seems like it.  
IMO, it has been between him and Christian throughout the year. Both incredible.

I just hope that Lamar can continue with the style he plays for many years to come.  So damn exciting to watch. 
I loved watching him in Louisville, but honestly didn't think he could transfer his "special skill set" from there to the NFL at all.  

Wish I drafted him, hate playing against him, but damn...That boy be good

Fock McCafrey. Are the Panthers 11-2? Possible super bowl favorites? Didn’t think so

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Fock McCafrey. Are the Panthers 11-2? Possible super bowl favorites? Didn’t think so

Lay off the sauce, kid.:lol:

12 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Lay off the sauce, kid.:lol:

lol you’re lusting after a focking running back on a sh1t ass team and I’m the one on the sauce?

:nono:

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

lol you’re lusting after a focking running back on a sh1t ass team and I’m the one on the sauce?

:nono:

I know that reading isn't your strongest skill, but if you re-read my post you will see that my comment for Lamar winning the MVP was "Sure seems like it. "

Also, yes. For a change, you are on the sauce more than I am tonight, it seems. :wave:

17 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

I know that reading isn't your strongest skill, but if you re-read my post you will see that my comment for Lamar winning the MVP was "Sure seems like it. "

Also, yes. For a change, you are on the sauce more than I am tonight, it seems. :wave:

Coors light ain’t sauce. More like a weak broth :cheers:

With the Jets game complete, that closes the book on the fraud Ravens.  The Jets were the last team on the schedule that hadn't played Jackson before.  Every possible opponent the rest of the way has seen the Ravens before except the Titans.   Teams get run over the first time they see Lamar Jackson and they are 16-3 in those games.  When the Lamar Jackson Ravens face a team in a rematch, the Ravens are 3-3.  The 2 of the 3 wins are vs the pathetic Bengals.  The 3rd was vs a depleted Steeler team that lacked Big Ben and Connor and they still needed OT to win 26-23.

All 3 losses were blowouts too. 

The Chargers blew them out in a rematch in the playoff game in Baltimore.

The Browns blew them out in Baltimore.

The Chiefs blew them out in Kansas City, altho the Ravens scored 15 garbage time points to make it closer than the game really was.

The shark move is the bet against the Ravens the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Lamar may be having the greatest season by any football player in the modern era. 

It's pretty amazing, I have to imagine that the GM's who took all those QB's before him in the draft are like :manningface:

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

It's pretty amazing, I have to imagine that the GM's who took all those QB's before him in the draft are like :manningface:

Lamar Jackson has a good chance of being out of the league in 3 years.  I remember when Kordell Stewart first hit the scene and was unstoppable.  People were gushing.  automatic hall of famer.  Then once the league saw him the first time, he sucked.  Wound up benched and out of the league. 

This is one of two scenarios:

1.  The Ravens are truly revolutionizing the NFL.

2.  This is just another gimmick like Slash, or the 46 defense, or the pistol, or any number of things that were supposed to be amazing and got wiped out when coaches caught up to it.

Just stahp.  At the MINIMUM, the absolute minimum, we need to see him sustain it against teams that have seen it once and can now be ready for the speed.  Until then, its just a gimmick that shocks defenses due to the speed of play that results in 3 TDs on the first 3 Ravens drives before people get acclimated.

The Browns next week have seen the speed they bring.  They aren't gonna be shocked by the pace of play.  They are gonna be ready.  And they have a talented defense.  They are gonna lock him down.

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

Lamar Jackson has a good chance of being out of the league in 3 years.  I remember when Kordell Stewart first hit the scene and was unstoppable.  People were gushing.  automatic hall of famer.  Then once the league saw him the first time, he sucked.  Wound up benched and out of the league. 

2.  This is just another gimmick like Slash, or the 46 defense, or the pistol, or any number of things that were supposed to be amazing and got wiped out when coaches caught up to it.

This. 

He will get figured out or like all other running QBs get hurt. 

29 minutes ago, riversco said:

I don't want to hate on Lamar, but history does show that his style is very short lived.  However, he is the next incarnation of what he is.  Light years above slash, Vick, RG3, Kaep etc.  One of these incarnations is going to be able to evolve and stick.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

I don't want to hate on Lamar, but history does show that his style is very short lived.  However, he is the next incarnation of what he is.  Light years above slash, Vick, RG3, Kaep etc.  One of these incarnations is going to be able to evolve and stick.

Kaep made it to a super bowl. 

10 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

hes so humble, I really like him

the post game interview, they told him Lamar not only do you got the rushing record, but the passing TD team record, he was like wow thats great, thanks to my great TE's and RB's and WR's thats the only way I could do it

Might want to thank the #1 reason he's doing what he's doing: the OL.

34 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

He's got the benefit of playing in the sissyfied version of the NFL where you can't hit a guy without getting a 15 yard penalty. If this was the pre 2016 or so NFL, he would already be on IR. Many of those runs out of bounds would have been met with a crushing hit.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Just stahp.  At the MINIMUM, the absolute minimum, we need to see him sustain it against teams that have seen it once and can now be ready for the speed.  Until then, its just a gimmick that shocks defenses due to the speed of play that results in 3 TDs on the first 3 Ravens drives before people get acclimated.

The Browns next week have seen the speed they bring.  They aren't gonna be shocked by the pace of play.  They are gonna be ready.  And they have a talented defense.  They are gonna lock him down.

1 hour ago, BiffTannen said:

This. 

He will get figured out or like all other running QBs get hurt. 

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

I don't want to be over simplistic....but this is all about x's and o's to me.

It seemed as though the previous QBs mentioned (Vick, Slash, Kaep) were put into somewhat "standard" passing systems, with the expectation that the extra running threat would be a difference maker. Defenses adjust, and that's that.....Whereas to my novice eye, it looks like this is the first time a team with one of these QBs has taken the potential schematic advantages and skillset of the player, and designed both a passing attack and rushing attack to work in coordination with each other based on said advantages and skillset.

All that being said.....They better win the title this year, because I expect some regression next year. Teams will adjust......And he needs to learn to slide like Wilson does, because the scheme loses many of it's advantages if his running ability regresses even to a Wilson like level.

21 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

All that being said.....They better win the title this year, because I expect some regression next year. Teams will adjust......And he needs to learn to slide like Wilson does, because the scheme loses many of it's advantages if his running ability regresses even to a Wilson like level.

This.

His ability to run like he does has a shelf life.  Eventually he won't have quite the same speed and ability to cut, and by then the team needs to have THEIR adjustments ready.   He will have to eventually become something slightly less stellar, hopefully still strong enough to will the team to win.

From what I can tell teams have already adjusted to him, but he is just too fast, any adjustment that might negate the speed opens up things over the top....while he still has this ability to run like he does, its something of an issue...

Sometimes there is irrational hate for a player that just doesn't make sense. Hating Cam Newton makes sense. Hating Eli, unless you're one of his multiple victims, does not. Hating this kid doesn't either. Enjoy the show. It's fun. 

Lamar Jackson in the playoffs is who we thought he was. A running back playing QB that can’t throw outside the numbers. I hope Vrabel provided the exam answers last night and the entire league shuts him down next year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems like only yesterday that Peyton Manning was impressing the children with his gaudy regular season numbers and then crapped his pants in the playoffs. Thanks for taking me down memory lane one more time, LJ. 

On 12/14/2019 at 12:33 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sometimes there is irrational hate for a player that just doesn't make sense. Hating Cam Newton makes sense. Hating Eli, unless you're one of his multiple victims, does not. Hating this kid doesn't either. Enjoy the show. It's fun. 

Today was the first entire game if watched him in. Damn is he an electric ball carrier. Just silky smooth video game moves.

But his passing needs major work.

Today the Ravens got punched in the mouth and he had no answer. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Today was the first entire game if watched him in. Damn is he an electric ball carrier. Just silky smooth video game moves.

But his passing needs major work.

Today the Ravens got punched in the mouth and he had no answer. 

Congrats on your team, TBBOM!

Like I said in the other thread, there is a reason guys like Jackson run for 143 yards in a game - they can't pass to save their lives.  The NFL figures these guys out pretty quick and that's when they fail because they can never achieve the passing skills needed to become a franchise QB.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Congrats on your team, TBBOM!

Like I said in the other thread, there is a reason guys like Jackson run for 143 yards in a game - they can't pass to save their lives.  The NFL figures these guys out pretty quick and that's when they fail because they can never achieve the passing skills needed to become a franchise QB.

Thanks! This has been the best season of my fanhood. Even better than the year we went to the bowl.

Never would have thought we'd be here back when we were 2-4.