Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

Week 2 Waiver Wire!!

Said this in another thread: I see this as a week to add depth but not blow FAAB/priority.

In my 12-teamer I'm going to wait until waivers clear and then see who's left among Metcalf, DSamuel and Agholor, in that order (I have to drop Ben regardless, so I'll definitely pick up someone). In another league I grabbed Gore until we have more clarity on Singletary's injury.

One other name to consider if you're looking for long-term depth: Golden Tate will be back in a couple weeks and may walk into the WR1 role in that offense (which isn't saying a whole lot, but still)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

One other name to consider if you're looking for long-term depth: Golden Tate will be back in a couple weeks and may walk into the WR1 role in that offense (which isn't saying a whole lot, but still)

Shhhh.  people can hear you.  Some people may be overlooking this.  If he is suspended, he can't practice, right?  I was hoping he got some reps with the 2s and has chemistry with Jones.  We'll see. 

Devin Smith is a guy that I think is flying under the radar right now. Gallup could be out a month, and Smith is said to be the one taking his spot and lining up in three wide receiver sets. He's the type that only needs one catch to make it a worth while start in fantasy, and he should be getting more targets over the next few weeks. He's a decent dart throw if you are hurting at WR or looking for a big play flex.

I will also be dropping Prater and picking up a new kicker, cause no kicker posts a -1 and remains on my team. Carolinas kicker has been benefiting from their inability to put up 6, so I may grab him.

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

What are your thoughts on DJ Chark?  

DJ makes it Chark Week all season long...

• Haha 1

If he is still out there, might be the last chance to grab Darwin Thompson.

With DWill and Shady already banged up, seems like just a matter of time before he gets his shot.

How much would you guys spend on Josh Allen? I own Goff and have a free roster spot. This would also block my opponent from starting Allen against me this week since he lost Big Ben. 

My current bid is 11% of my FAAB

20 minutes ago, Byrdman5 said:

How much would you guys spend on Josh Allen? I own Goff and have a free roster spot. This would also block my opponent from starting Allen against me this week since he lost Big Ben. 

My current bid is 11% of my FAAB

I would spend approximately 0.0000000000000000000000001% of my FAAB on a QB, so you're way high.

• Like 1

Desperate at TE im bidding on dissley.   He seems to be above other waiver TEs like witten, eifert, and ebron.  Think he can be an every week play for me at least until henry is back.

5 minutes ago, American Chewy said:

Desperate at TE im bidding on dissley.   He seems to be above other waiver TEs like witten, eifert, and ebron.  Think he can be an every week play for me at least until henry is back.

Probly shoulda gone Witten.

• Haha 1

Think I'm dropping Robby Anderson. TD heavy league. Bonus for long TDs. Who do you see Rest of Season above him? All of these? And how much FAAB would you spend? I have Julio, DJ Moore, and T. Hill right now with 2 WR started weekly.

Available Guys:

Demarcus Robinson

Nelson Agholor

Terry McLaurin

Mecole Hardman

Deebo Samuel

21 minutes ago, dpbuddha said:

Think I'm dropping Robby Anderson. TD heavy league. Bonus for long TDs. Who do you see Rest of Season above him? All of these? And how much FAAB would you spend? I have Julio, DJ Moore, and T. Hill right now with 2 WR started weekly.

Available Guys:

Demarcus Robinson

Nelson Agholor

Terry McLaurin

Mecole Hardman

Deebo Samuel

Robinson - no

Agholor - Heck no

McLaurin - yes

The Hard Man - perhaps, but dicey

Debo - maybe, but probably not

FWIW, am still holding Anderson where I own him. Thought he looked really good Monday night. Will get his QB back who he really was clicking with down the stretch last season, and Bell will keep D's honest.

51 minutes ago, dpbuddha said:

Available Guys:

Demarcus Robinson

Nelson Agholor

Terry McLaurin

Mecole Hardman

Deebo Samuel

On a player-for-player basis, probably the only one of those guys I would drop Anderson for would be Terry McLaurin.

That said, you're probably more in need of a short-term high-ceiling replacement for Tyreek Hill than you are a long-term WR3-type band-aid, and Robinson fits that bill the best.  He should be startable any week that Tyreek Hill is out.

• Like 1

Heavy td league, if you where to drop Anderson. 

I would go with Robinson.  

But he’s short term. 

Long term I would go with d Samuel.  

But I really think the best way to go would be to keep Anderson.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dpbuddha said:

Available Guys:

Demarcus Robinson

Nelson Agholor

Terry McLaurin

Mecole Hardman

Deebo Samuel

Not sure about the bye-week situation; will you need someone to fill in for Julio/Moore before Hill gets back? If so I'd get someone you feel pretty comfortable will be a starter during those weeks. Otherwise, roll the dice on the guy you think has the highest upside, since that's the only way you'd start him over your current options.

As it happens, I think the answer to both questions is McLaurin, who looks to be the WR1 on a better-than-expected offense. All the other guys have a lot more competition.

20 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

Mostert anyone thinks he's worth gamble?  My league has gone RB crazy and he's the best thing still out there.  

Pretty darn good RB to still be out there. I think in all 12 team leagues he needs to be owned.

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2019 at 8:04 PM, AxeElf said:

I would spend approximately 0.0000000000000000000000001% of my FAAB on a QB, so you're way high.

How did you know I’m high?🤪 The bid is more about blocking opponent from starting him this week. I would rather have him start Garoppolo or Dalton.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:38 PM, purplengold47 said:

Slim pickings

by week 2 or 3 it always is.

but week 4 is when bye weeks start.

at that time the player quality will improve

my RB sucks in one league was able to add Mostert. Now trying to figure out what to do with him start or bench.  Leaning to start over Mixon.

added and starting Devin Smith at flex to cover injured WR DeSean Jackson and Gallup in another league

4 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

added and starting Devin Smith at flex to cover injured WR DeSean Jackson and Gallup in another league

Ouch.

5 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

my RB sucks in one league was able to add Mostert. Now trying to figure out what to do with him start or bench.  Leaning to start over Mixon.

I'm rolling out Devin Smith this week and I'm fine with it. A deep threat receiver going against the Dolphins that is likely to see an increase in targets is worth a shot.  It's not like Smith is without talent. He's a former second round pick, who's career has been derailed by ACL tears. 

• Like 1

Anyone who is lucky enough to be in a league where Dorsett is not already owned should be adding him, yes, of course.  He has always been the "other" Patriots WR to own (other than Edelman).

• Haha 1