Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Who do you regret drafting so far?

In one of my redrafts, I had a later 1st round pick and took Hopkins.  Coming around in the 2nd, Dalvin Cook went the pick before me, so I went Ju Ju.  I regret that pick like crazy.  My WR's in the league are flat out awesome, in name, and if this were 2018.  I should have gone RB there, even though the guys on the board at the time appeared to be a reach.  Without Ben, I'm afraid Ju Ju will suffer as most young QB's will look for their check down guy, usually the second WR or the TE.  This already has the feel of a season long kick myself in the butt type of situation. 

I regret waiting until round 11 to take my QB....Big Ben.  I was actually planning on Drafting J. Jackson late, but he went in round 7.  Ugh.  Once that happened I kinda lost sight of QB and ended up with Ben.

Here hw my week 2 went.  Between QB, Kicker and defense, I got a grand total of 6 points.....  Only lost by 5.....

Actually I have a combined total of 1 point from my week 1 and week 2 kickers.  WTF!

Well, onto the waiver wire now to decide between Dalton, Minshew, Bridgewater, Brissett, and the backup for Ben (cant remember his name at the moment)…..

OJ Howard easily. My plan was to wait and draft a late combo of Mark Andrews and Darren Waller but I panicked during the draft and didn't want to miss out on a top TE. Luckily still got Waller but damn this decision hurts. Haven't cut him yet but if he doesn't perform against the sorry Giants defense he's gone. 

51 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

In one of my redrafts, I had a later 1st round pick and took Hopkins.  Coming around in the 2nd, Dalvin Cook went the pick before me, so I went Ju Ju.  I regret that pick like crazy.  My WR's in the league are flat out awesome, in name, and if this were 2018.  I should have gone RB there, even though the guys on the board at the time appeared to be a reach.  Without Ben, I'm afraid Ju Ju will suffer as most young QB's will look for their check down guy, usually the second WR or the TE.  This already has the feel of a season long kick myself in the butt type of situation. 

Similar. I opened with Julio, then went JuJu. I have Godwin as well, and AJ Green in the wings. And now I've picked up the Hard Man and McLaurin.

But I really would have loved to draft a back who would have complemented Mack and Jacobs - though looking at the draft recap, there were a lot of players taken that I would have also regretted.

Mahomes was picked after I chose JuJu. My team with Mahomes at the helm would be dominating the league already.

29 minutes ago, cavern said:

Flameis

Don't give up on him.  When Arians took over the Cardinals, it took a good 4-5 games before Carson Palmer got comfortable in Arians system.  Give him time.  He's got talent around him and he's too talented not to figure this out.

D Williams rb KC. 

15 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

Don't give up on him.  When Arians took over the Cardinals, it took a good 4-5 games before Carson Palmer got comfortable in Arians system.  Give him time.  He's got talent around him and he's too talented not to figure this out.

thanks.  not dropping him.  he has talent but i think he lacks the needed common sense.  i hope he figures it out

50 minutes ago, Ehlana said:

Duke Johnson over Ingram and Ekeler is looking like a pretty poor decision.

I drafted Duke in a Keeper League right after he was traded.  Right before they picked up Hyde, his ADP was beginning to move up quite a bit, so I traded him with an owner who had a man crush on him.  I gave up Duke and a 14th Rounder next year and received a 3rd rounder next year.  I didn't get anyone in return as we couldn't come to an agreement on his value, other than a 3rd rounder.  In a keeper though, it's not as valuable as a normal 3rd rounder in a redraft, but considering how he's doing, I think it worked out well. 

58 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I drafted Duke in a Keeper League right after he was traded.  Right before they picked up Hyde, his ADP was beginning to move up quite a bit, so I traded him with an owner who had a man crush on him.  I gave up Duke and a 14th Rounder next year and received a 3rd rounder next year.  I didn't get anyone in return as we couldn't come to an agreement on his value, other than a 3rd rounder.  In a keeper though, it's not as valuable as a normal 3rd rounder in a redraft, but considering how he's doing, I think it worked out well. 

This made me laugh.  A guy in my league picked Duke in the 5th round, his 1st RB off the board.  He argued that Duke would be the true #1 RB in Houston, a high scoring offense.  I labeled it "The Worst Pick in the Draft".  I'm sure I'm right.

1 minute ago, FantasyRetard said:

This made me laugh.  A guy in my league picked Duke in the 5th round, his 1st RB off the board.  He argued that Duke would be the true #1 RB in Houston, a high scoring offense.  I labeled it "The Worst Pick in the Draft".  I'm sure I'm right.

I'm quite certain you will be correct as well.  lol  Yeah, his hype went through the roof.  I had to admit I was a huge part of it in my leagues, but he was there for the taking as my 5thRB, so I kept drafting him in leagues and dealing him afterwards.  Admittedly, I thought he would be a good 3rd down back, but I also played it off (even here bcuz people in my leagues check out this site) like he could potentially be a RB2.  C'mon, a lifetime backup on the Browns is going to shock the world and be a true RB1/RB2?  Doubtful.  I'm sure the guy appreciated your comment.  I'd have done the same thing.  The 5th round is not only insane, it's twice as early as he was going right after the trade.  That owner has issues. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm quite certain you will be correct as well.  lol  Yeah, his hype went through the roof.  I had to admit I was a huge part of it in my leagues, but he was there for the taking as my 5thRB, so I kept drafting him in leagues and dealing him afterwards.  Admittedly, I thought he would be a good 3rd down back, but I also played it off (even here bcuz people in my leagues check out this site) like he could potentially be a RB2.  C'mon, a lifetime backup on the Browns is going to shock the world and be a true RB1/RB2?  Doubtful.  I'm sure the guy appreciated your comment.  I'd have done the same thing.  The 5th round is not only insane, it's twice as early as he was going right after the trade.  That owner has issues. 

He beat me in the championship last year because I lost Gurley, Aaron Jones, and Austin Ekeler so had no 2nd RB and had no moves left to make.  If Gurley or Malcolm Brown doesn't get hurt, I win that league.  Losing all of those RB's just killed my chance.  He was certainly cocky going into the draft.  Through 2 weeks this year, he's 0-2.

1 hour ago, cavern said:

thanks.  not dropping him.  he has talent but i think he lacks the needed common sense.  i hope he figures it out

I'm actually looking to poach him in a couple of leagues.

Phil Lindsay.  He's really in a bad situation. Didn't think it was gonna be this bad. 

34 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

I'm actually looking to poach him in a couple of leagues.

Last Thursday, both QBs looked like a$$ but Jameis made some improvements.  Week 1, he was missing Evans, his WR1, with the flu.  That will change your game plan.  Both games he targeted my dude, Godwin, and hopefully can keep making good reads to move the ball.  This week, at home, against the NYG-men, should be another step in the right direction. 

3 hours ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

OJ Howard easily. My plan was to wait and draft a late combo of Mark Andrews and Darren Waller but I panicked during the draft and didn't want to miss out on a top TE. Luckily still got Waller but damn this decision hurts. Haven't cut him yet but if he doesn't perform against the sorry Giants defense he's gone. 

Same here with OJ. I lost by 0.6 pts this past week.  7 yds is all I needed from this dude. :wall:

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

Same here with OJ. I lost by 0.6 pts this past week.  7 yds is all I needed from this dude. :wall:

i had Howard and Njoku going on separate teams this week.  Howard was just a bust.

Njoku went out after getting upended on an early target.  for all i know he could have had a big game if not for the injury, but Howard just isn't a part of the gameplan so far

Not happy with Duke, but he was drafted as flex so not hurting too bad since I have Ridley as other flex option. 

JuJu in another league - I was lucky he kept getting picked before me with the exception of 1 league. 

Lol I just called the commish in my league, to send out the news that I’m shopping juju. 

May I ask you, what offers for juju have you had? 

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Lol I just called the commish in my league, to send out the news that I’m shopping juju. 

I’d be curious what his value is now. Would you deal him for Golladay straight across? How bout Godwin? 

Mixon for me, literally outbid for A.Jones by a buck, should have stayed in bidding.  Mixon actually also went for cheaper than those in tier...though I now see why. :wall:

Should have listened to you on that one OT. Thank goodness for Dak/Godwin/Golloday.

I'm holding too but for how long, see list of bad news:

• Bengals dead last in rushing:  at 29.5ypg, 1.9ypc Those aren't typos
  • That's behind Phins (really behind the Phins, who stop running after 1 quarter b/c their already behind :mad: ) and Skins
  • What do those teams have in common? Bad OLs
  • Mixon at 38% usuage week1, ok he was hurt.  But week2 just 54%,  Maybe they were easing him back in but he was supposed to be on field in rushing and passing situations in Taylor's offense, not seeing it right now

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Offer of Josh Gordon for JuJu straight up was laughable. Also had Conner and Allan Robinson for JuJu and Jacobs. 

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Offer of Josh Gordon for JuJu straight up was laughable. Also had Conner and Allan Robinson for JuJu and Jacobs. 

You might regret not taking that last one in the long run.

At this point the drafting of Conner really hurts.  I took him thinking he would be a top 10 RB, now it's looking pretty damned unlikely.  Team doesn't seem to be able to run for sh!t.  

11 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Agreed

Davonte Adams - piece of crap as is like every other WR in fantasy football these days.

Mike Thomas - crap

Zack Ertz - Crap.

Shall I go on?  Its time for leagues to get to a point where you draft ENTIRE WR/TE corps for a team versus solo guys.  Its that bad and will only get worse.  Every WR corps is a pure comittee.  The TDs get spread way too much.  Zero consistency at the position.  The NFL is becoming less and less fantasy friendly.

• Haha 1

Am I the only one who drafted Kenyan Drake?

Took Duke Johnson in 2 leagues (6th and 7th rounds) and have since grabbed Hyde off waivers. Hyde is feature back and cost me nothing while it appears I wasted that Duke pick.

Also disappointed in Rivers and Cousins so far. I think they'll both come around but it's been a painful start.