Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Damian Williams update?

4 hours ago, Texas10 said:

Would you drop Malcolm Brown for Darwin?

29 minutes ago, stonewall said:

yes

Pay no attention to the hopeful Darwin owners behind the curtain (they're a little biased).

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Pay no attention to the hopeful Darwin owners behind the curtain (they're a little biased).

well, this is more of a "who do you think is going to get hurt first?" situation.  damien and lesean are ALREADY hurt, but we don't know how bad.  and todd gurley has a condition and is on a pitch count.  i don't think i will be DROPPING brown for thompson - but i do have 1 team where i have both stashed and i am waiting to see if either hit.

of course, in the meantime, brown is playable on occasion even with gurley "healthy"

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I'm a hopeful Darwin owner, but I agree with this advice.  Brown has a better o-line to run behind and he's already getting 35% of the RB workload. 

As much as I like Thompson to be the best of the KC backs longterm, he's still going to be sharing carries 3 ways based on who is healthy and based on his pass blocking skills development. 

Brown has value now and can have even more in the event Gurley's maintenance program further reduces his workload.

Chiefs RB Damien Williams (knee) won't practice again Thursday.

Advice: Williams should be considered very questionable for the Chiefs' Week 3 matchup against the Ravens. LeSean McCoy (ankle) also missed practice Wednesday, but he's expected to practice Thursday in some capacity. Shady would instantly be a high-end RB2 if Williams is ultimately ruled out. Rookie Darwin Thompson would also be expected to play a decent chunk of snaps with Williams sidelined and McCoy at less than 100%.

(Rotoworld.com)

16 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Shady would instantly be a high-end RB2 if Williams is ultimately ruled out.

This is my favorite part.

Williams is about to get Willie Pipped.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

This is my favorite part.

Williams is about to get Willie Pipped.

If you play the long game, better try to acquire Darwin.

Just now, stonewall said:

If you play the long game, better try to acquire Darwin.

I don't play any dynasty leagues, but for 2019, LeSean McCoy is the back to own.

Just now, AxeElf said:

I don't play any dynasty leagues, but for 2019, LeSean McCoy is the back to own.

Perhaps....but only time will tell.

Reid has certainly demonstrated his unpredictability over the years....and I will go with youth on this one.

1 minute ago, stonewall said:

I will go with youth on this one.

This is usually the smarter alternative.

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

I will go with youth on this one.

Still holding the former Sooner Damien Williams, of course.

1 hour ago, Smileseers said:

For those of us who play for weeks 14-16 McCoy is the least likely to help our fantasy team.

That's odd, because for those of us who play for weeks 1-16, McCoy is the MOST likely to help our fantasy team.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

That's odd, because for those of us who play for weeks 1-16, McCoy is the MOST likely to help our fantasy team.

No he's not.

Chiefs RB Damien Williams (knee) has been ruled out for the team's Week 3 matchup against the Ravens.

19 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Chiefs RB Damien Williams (knee) has been ruled out for the team's Week 3 matchup against the Ravens.

Mccoy is said to be on limited snap count 

1 minute ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Mccoy is said to be on limited snap count 

Had not heard that. You have a link?

14 hours ago, stonewall said:

Had not heard that. You have a link?

>>LeSean McCoy appears he will be ready to play but the Chiefs are likely to be cautious about overloading him.<<

Espn

- That’s speculation and it’s really not KC saying there will be a snap count.

5 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

>>LeSean McCoy appears he will be ready to play but the Chiefs are likely to be cautious about overloading him.<<

Espn

- That’s speculation and it’s really not KC saying there will be a snap count.

Okay, so they won't give McCoy the ball on every play.

Still looks like he's in line for a normal workload.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Okay, so they won't give McCoy the ball on every play.

Still looks like he's in line for a normal workload.

10 carries, 18 yards and 2 receptions for 15 yards.

1 hour ago, BobSanders_33 said:

10 carries, 18 yards and 2 receptions for 15 yards.

LeSean McCoy, not Colt McCoy.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:40 PM, sderk said:

Then you must be developing in life at a really slow rate.  

Says the guy that bashed everyone last year for taking Saquon in the first round, ahead of your boy Kareem Hunt. The blasphemy.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:11 PM, shutdown said:

If I were drafting today, I'd pick Darwin Thompson over McCoy and Williams.

That's based on several very "soft" assumptions

• McCoy, while viable in this offense is on the wrong side of 30 for RB's and has nearly 2,400 carries in his career and over 2,800 touches.
  • Damien Williams has yet to handle more than 75 touches in a single season in his career.
  • Williams is currently averaging 1.5 yards per carry.
  • One of the draft comps for D. Thompson was Brian Westbrook. 

Look if shady was a couple of years younger I'd have no worries about him taking most of the work in this offense, but I don't see him playing more than 6 complete games at the most.  Williams has never shown he can handle the load that this offense could dish out for a season.  About 325 total touches for the lead back.  There's no history of him doing that.  I get the fact that Thompson has no history of anything either, but I think Williams is a proven career backup and McCoy won't stay healthy.  I think by the end of the year, Thompson will be the guy, barring an injury of his own which is quite possible for a rookie.  But that would be more a circumstance of chance where as for McCoy, he'd be the exception to the rule to have a productive season at his age.

This is a huge reach. 

Just because most athletes slow down after a certain age doesn’t mean they all do. 

Draft comparisons don’t mean diddly, especially one made for a gadget player who many would argue would not have success in today’s NFL. Bellcows don’t exist anymore at Brian Westbrook size. 

Dont forget Trent Richardson was compared to Adrian Peterson. Never forget. 

So the fact that you value the 3rd string option just because he provides the “unknown” element seems extreme lol

On 9/19/2019 at 1:11 AM, Ray_T said:

age also.   dude is 31 years old.

He may have enough in the tank for one more year, but he also may not.

Most RB's dont get much past the age of 30, so if you have him you need to understand he's playing with borrowed time.

if you own him, you should grab his backup/replacement.   its just good team planning.   then if the wheels fall off, you dont get the shaft.

Frank Gore put up 1100 rushing yards at age 31.

Adrian Peterson put up over 1000 yards rushing last year at age 33.

Most LESSER RBs don’t stay in the league long enough to get this old.

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Frank Gore put up 1100 rushing yards at age 31.

Adrian Peterson put up over 1000 yards rushing last year at age 33.

Most LESSER RBs don’t stay in the league long enough to get this old.

maybe so. 

but a lot of top RB's flame out before the age of 30.

all I am saying is at 31, skill and distinguished career aside, he is no longer a slam dunk at this age.

The ONLY thing that concerns me about starting McCoy this week is that the Baltimore rush D is #1 in the league right now, allowing only 20.5 rushing yards per game (and no, that's not a typo).

But then, Arizona was throwing on every play (DJ only got 7 carries in Week 2) and their other opponent was Miami--so I'm not completely shaking in my boots.

Part of being in the league at their age is being a good pass blocker, which they are. The younger guys that stick around that long learn from the older guys, most coaches won't put up with a non-blocker for that long. You gotta have balls enough to be a blocker too!

8 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Says the guy that bashed everyone last year for taking Saquon in the first round, ahead of your boy Kareem Hunt. The blasphemy.

Yeah, I was talking about the Giants, and like in fantasy football you can tell when someone is going to either be injured or get into trouble. And I mostly bashed the Giants for taking him instead of a QB. Barkley will never sniff a championship run while with the Giants. You don't make a running back the cornerstone of a rebuild.

I really want to play Mccoy in ppr league since i am facing mahomes but think i will play it safe and start James White over him. The ankle and Baltimore defense concerns me. 

27 minutes ago, Pinesprings said:

I really want to play Mccoy in ppr league since i am facing mahomes but think i will play it safe and start James White over him. The ankle and Baltimore defense concerns me. 

Im torn....any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, Texas10 said:

Well decision may be made for you, I got a notification that James White is out due to personal reasons.

Just saw that. wth

2 hours ago, Pinesprings said:

ERROR!

8 minutes ago, Pinesprings said:

Lol....i wrote that b4 the baby thing. 

I wrote it before I saw the baby thing, the baby thing just made it even more egregious.