Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Damian Williams update?

Is it his knee? Groin? I've heard both. Any updates? I see that McCoy's MRI was clean. Wondering if nothing has been said about Williams or if I just missed it. 

It's look like he's diagnosed with only a knee contusion, more info coming on thurs or fri. I'm using my waiver to pick up thompson just in case. I don't believe mccoy will last 6 games anyway. 

56 minutes ago, purplengold47 said:

I don't believe mccoy will last 6 games anyway. 

Is it the fact that he's only played 147 out of a possible 160 games in his 10-year career that makes you think that?

23 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Is it the fact that he's only played 147 out of a possible 160 games in his 10-year career that makes you think that?

3rd most carries between active running backs,  trailing just gore and Peterson.  Statistics are not on his side.  He's pretty close to death 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Maybe it's because last year he played 14 games and had a total of 3 touchdowns and 514 yards rushing? So nothing wrong with him even though he needed an MRI this week? Maybe it will be a breakout season for McCoy. :dunno:

very surprised that there's be zero update on Damien Williams today. I guess Darwin is a grab and hold..... 

21 minutes ago, bfros said:

very surprised that there's be zero update on Damien Williams today. I guess Darwin is a grab and hold..... 

They probably just don't know anything yet?

1 hour ago, sderk said:

Maybe it's because last year he played 14 games and had a total of 3 touchdowns and 514 yards rushing?

I guess, if you see no difference between the Bills' offense in 2018 and the Chiefs' offense in 2019.

1 hour ago, sderk said:

Maybe it will be a breakout season for McCoy.

That seems much more likely.

1 hour ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

3rd most carries between active running backs,  trailing just gore and Peterson.  Statistics are not on his side.  He's pretty close to death 

Depends on what statistics you use.

The statistics for RBs in an Andy Reid offense are very much on his side.

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I guess, if you see no difference between the Bills' offense in 2018 and the Chiefs' offense in 2019.

Yep. He is really showing off in KC.  In a PPR, 10.3 points week 1, 5.3 in week 2. You go girl.What a break out start he has.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Axe, just curious. Is this your first year playing fantasy football? 

22 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I know right? McCoy killed it in week 2. Those 11 rushes for 23 yards were amazing on this different team. Man, I wish I had your insight. Dude even had 3 receptions for 0 yards. I so feel like I'm missing out on something special.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

I know right? McCoy killed it in week 2. 

7 minutes ago, sderk said:

Yep. He is really showing off in KC.  In a PPR, 10.3 points week 1, 5.3 in week 2. You go girl.

Despite whatever sexual fantasies you might be having in regards to Axe Elf, you need to give McCoy a minute to get accustomed to the offense.  He's been there less than 3 weeks and he's already outproducing Damien Williams in what is basically an even split for touches--and that was even on a sore ankle in Week 2.

In case you're not following along...

Damien Williams had 6 receptions in Week 1 and 3 receptions in Week 2, with 13 carries in Week 1 and 11 carries in Week 2.  LeSean McCoy had 1 reception in Week 1 and 3 receptions in Week 2, with 10 carries in Week 1 and 11 carries in Week 2.  Williams has 121 total yards with a 1.5 ypc average, McCoy has 116 total yards with a 5.0 ypc average.  Williams has never had more than 75 touches in a season, while McCoy is a proven bellcow RB in an Andy Reid offense.

If you can't see where this is going, then you may be beyond Axe Elf's help.

13 minutes ago, purplengold47 said:

Axe, just curious. Is this your first year playing fantasy football? 

No.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

No.

Then you must be developing in life at a really slow rate.  

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Despite whatever sexual fantasies you might be having in regards to Axe Elf, you need to give McCoy a minute to get accustomed to the offense.  He's been there less than 3 weeks and he's already outproducing Damien Williams in what is basically an even split for touches--and that was even on a sore ankle in Week 2.

In case you're not following along...

Damien Williams had 6 receptions in Week 1 and 3 receptions in Week 2, with 13 carries in Week 1 and 11 carries in Week 2.  LeSean McCoy had 1 reception in Week 1 and 3 receptions in Week 2, with 10 carries in Week 1 and 11 carries in Week 2.  Williams has 121 total yards with a 1.5 ypc average, McCoy has 116 total yards with a 5.0 ypc average.  Williams has never had more than 75 touches in a season, while McCoy is a proven bellcow RB in an Andy Reid offense.

If you can't see where this is going, then you may be beyond Axe Elf's help.

11 rushes for 23 yards. 3 receptions for 0 yards. Think about it... In this high octane offense. 

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

11 rushes for 23 yards. 3 receptions for 0 yards. Think about it... In this high octane offense. 

Axe Elf thinks about things, and then educates people regarding those things.  That's where we're at right now.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

No.

You can always just admit that you don't follow the NFL or fantasy football and that you are simply lonely and need attention. 

6 minutes ago, sderk said:

You can always just admit that you don't follow the NFL or fantasy football and that you are simply lonely and need attention. 

Ok, I'll go out with you...

...but I'm pitching.

36 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Ok, I'll go out with you...

...but I'm pitching.

So basically, you got nothing. That's what I thought. 

42 minutes ago, sderk said:

So basically, you got nothing.

That's not what the Supermodel says...

:::licks eyebrows smugly:::

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Quote manips are so 2006...

You are so dumb. 

• Thanks 1

McCoy will likely take this job, health permitting. Damien Williams has never been able to establish himself as a starter.

Reid will utilize McCoy very similar to what he did with Brian Westbrook and also McCoy in Philly. I’ll add that the Reid offense is rb friendly enough that their 4th stringer is on my watch list

• Like 1

Sigmund Bloom Retweeted
Dr. Jesse Morse
@DrJesseMorse
·
23m
The 
@Chiefs
 Damien Williams did NOT practice today. Mildly concerning. McCoy is practicing in limited. #chiefs 
@TheFantasyDRS

I know this is one of those places where the holder of a player thinks they have the value.

McCoy is not the guy.  I've watched all the KC snaps.  He is an aging RB that has hit a cliff.  He hasn't looked good pass blocking or in the receiving game.  Now he has a gimpy ankle.  Sorry McCoy owners but this is not the recipe for success.

The KC OL has also looked horrid run blocking and they lost their best OL for a few weeks due to sports hernia surgery.  I think what you are going to see is a lot of passing and Darwin Thompson coming out of the backfield.  That is the player that could take this job.  That was the hype in the preseason and it was crushed with the McCoy signing.  Now the door is open.

10 minutes ago, BobSanders_33 said:

I know this is one of those places where the holder of a player thinks they have the value.

I think what you are going to see is a lot of passing and Darwin Thompson coming out of the backfield.  That is the player that could take this job.

Darwin owner?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

McCoy missed practice today from what I hear

If I were drafting today, I'd pick Darwin Thompson over McCoy and Williams.

That's based on several very "soft" assumptions

• McCoy, while viable in this offense is on the wrong side of 30 for RB's and has nearly 2,400 carries in his career and over 2,800 touches.
  • Damien Williams has yet to handle more than 75 touches in a single season in his career.
  • Williams is currently averaging 1.5 yards per carry.
  • One of the draft comps for D. Thompson was Brian Westbrook. 

Look if shady was a couple of years younger I'd have no worries about him taking most of the work in this offense, but I don't see him playing more than 6 complete games at the most.  Williams has never shown he can handle the load that this offense could dish out for a season.  About 325 total touches for the lead back.  There's no history of him doing that.  I get the fact that Thompson has no history of anything either, but I think Williams is a proven career backup and McCoy won't stay healthy.  I think by the end of the year, Thompson will be the guy, barring an injury of his own which is quite possible for a rookie.  But that would be more a circumstance of chance where as for McCoy, he'd be the exception to the rule to have a productive season at his age.

Have been holding Darwin as DWill's handcuff. Still (cautiously) optimistic.

B33 appreciate your POV but Shady is nicked up right now which is why I qualified my remark re his health. And I traded him after week 1 so I guess I’m not an owner. He cramped up Game 1 too. It could be they need Thompson to get to a certain skill level in pass protection first too.  I’m not saying McCoy will stay healthy but if he does I think it’s his job

On 9/17/2019 at 4:59 PM, Jarvis Basnight said:

age also.   dude is 31 years old.

He may have enough in the tank for one more year, but he also may not.

Most RB's dont get much past the age of 30, so if you have him you need to understand he's playing with borrowed time.

if you own him, you should grab his backup/replacement.   its just good team planning.   then if the wheels fall off, you dont get the shaft.

4 hours ago, Texas10 said:

Would you drop Malcolm Brown for Darwin?

yes