Hardcore troubadour

Thanks Eli

Let's play a game.  It's called, "Is this guy a future H.O.F.'er"

If he replicates his current stats throughout his career - meaning, he NEVER improves, this will be his stat line...

4732 for 7688 (61.6%) / 58,512 yards / 352 TD's / 232 Int's / 7.6 ypa / 87.2 passer rating.

This player will have had 4 instances where he'd got 4-0 against playoff teams (meaning - he has the ability to make a Super Bowl run), with a 4-game cumulative stat line of...

88 for 130 (67.7%) / 1,143 yards / 6 TD's / 3 Int's / 8.79 ypa / 100.9 passer rating.

So folks, with that resume, is this current NFL QB on his way to the H.O.F.?

For those of you playing at home... Eli's numbers are quite identical to that.

60.3% / 56,537 yards / 362 TD's / 241 Int's / 7.0 ypa / 84.1 passer rating.

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

If you beat the Carolina Panthers in the SB, yes - it's irrelevant.

When you beat the 6 time SB winning NE Patriots - it's relevant................... Especially in a perfect season.

Oh, sorry.  I didn't realize that Eli played defense and was the only person out there who prevented one of the best offenses in football from scoring more than 17 points.  MY BAD!

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Let's play a game.  It's called, "Is this guy a future H.O.F.'er"

If he replicates his current stats throughout his career - meaning, he NEVER improves, this will be his stat line...

4732 for 7688 (61.6%) / 58,512 yards / 352 TD's / 232 Int's / 7.6 ypa / 87.2 passer rating.

This player will have had 4 instances where he'd got 4-0 against playoff teams (meaning - he has the ability to make a Super Bowl run), with a 4-game cumulative stat line of...

88 for 130 (67.7%) / 1,143 yards / 6 TD's / 3 Int's / 8.79 ypa / 100.9 passer rating.

So folks, with that resume, is this current NFL QB on his way to the H.O.F.?

You left out the 2 biggest factors. His last name and the city he fake plays for. 

Just now, drobeski said:

You left out the 2 biggest factors. His last name and the city he fake plays for. 

If I give you his last name, it'll ruin it.  Let's just say that this player has played for 1 team his whole career and has played in at least 50 games.

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, sorry.  I didn't realize that Eli played defense and was the only person out there who prevented one of the best offenses in football from scoring more than 17 points.  MY BAD!

You're being overly melodramatic.... Of course he didn't play defense and of course he didn't light the Pats up for 400 yards and 4 tds.

But when you beat the greatest dynasty in football history, not once - but twice.............. There's no sweeping that under the rug.

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

You're being overly melodramatic.... Of course he didn't play defense and of course he didn't light the Pats up for 400 yards and 4 tds.

But when beat the greatest dynasty in football history, not once - but twice.............. There's no dusting that under the rug.

I give Eli the same credit, no matter who he beats... you apparently do.  My guess is because you need to create reasons why he belongs in the Hall because his resume isn't enough?  :dunno:

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

My guess is because you need to create reasons why he belongs in the Hall because his resume isn't enough?  :dunno:

No - I just don't value stats as the only qualifier.

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

No - I just don't value stats as the only qualifier.

I agree with you on that... but the stats have to tell you that the player is better than average.  The production has to tell you that for a period of time, he has to be considered one of the 7 best of his time.  That was never the case with Eli.

33 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lets stop here.  Now I am not trying to say the Giants were loaded with offensive talent.  But it was not bare bones compared to other similar QBs.  A lot of the greats MADE middling talents.  They tried many times to give him weapons.

The vets:

Tiki Barber ran for 15 18 and 1600 yards in Mannings first 3 years in the league.

Amani Toomer was 30 when Eli entered but a real good WR coming off several 1000 yard years.

Shockey was a 1st round TE!!!! picked in 2002.

Did they trade or pick up Plax.  A freakish WR in that time coming off good years with Pitt.  Had 3 real good years with the Giants.  Picked 8th overall.

----------------

Brandon Jacobs picked in 2005.  Had 2 1000 yard seasons in a part time role.  Had 15 TDs in a year.

Steve Smith what a 2nd round pick.....had 1 really goo year.

Manningham a skilled mid round pick who was a decent player until injury.

Victor Cruz had 3 real good years.  1 2nd team all pro and 1 pro bowl.

ODBjr…. what a top 10 pick and quickly became one of the most dynamic playmakers in the league?  Had him into his later years still counts.

Evan Engram a 1st round TE with great receiving skill had him at end of his career.  

So can we please stop with he had nothing?   Did he have HOFers?  No.  But he had weapons.  They tried to stock him with weapons.  He came into the league and had vets like Toomer and Tiki there to groom him.  His cupboard was hardly bare.

Shockey.  Lol 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Eli has the second best TE in NFCE history. 

:lol:  

So easy.  Lol. 

4 hours ago, Reality said:

It's pretty stunning how poorly people remember the helmet catch play. You guys should rewatch that one, what Eli had to do to simply get the throw off was pretty incredible. In that spot, with what was on the line, phenomenal.

Yep. Great clutch throw and catch.  Teamwork and determination at it's best. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Shockey.  Lol 

Don't understand your post.  now you backtrack and call it easy when MDC shows you that you anointed Shockey.  This place is the twilight zone.  People get proven wrong then we pull out the RMFF card like 9 year olds.  That is the go to around here when proven wrong.

• Like 3

You have to pick one of the following QB's to lead your team in the Super Bowl.  Assuming they're all in their prime, who ya got?

Eli

Marino

Kelly

Tarkenton

Moon

Just now, vuduchile said:

You have to pick one of the following QB's to lead your team in the Super Bowl.  Assuming they're all in their prime, who ya got?

Eli

Marino

Kelly

Tarkenton

Moon

Kelly or Marino by far.

49 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Don't understand your post.  now you backtrack and call it easy when MDC shows you that you anointed Shockey.  This place is the twilight zone.  People get proven wrong then we pull out the RMFF card like 9 year olds.  That is the go to around here when proven wrong.

Schockeys good days were over by the time Eli had him. And trying to tell a Giants fan that Shockey was an asset for Eli is laughable and shows you don't know what you speak of. 

51 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Shockey has 4 pro bowls and 1 first team all pro.  That is better accolades than HOF Eli.  

600, 600, 400. Yeah, he tore it up 2005-2007. And the MDC thing about the TE's was tounge in cheek. You shouldn't listen to that moron.   

50 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Eli

Marino

Kelly

Tarkenton

Moon

Marino

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lets stop here.  Now I am not trying to say the Giants were loaded with offensive talent.  But it was not bare bones compared to other similar QBs.  A lot of the greats MADE middling talents.  They tried many times to give him weapons.

The vets:

Tiki Barber ran for 15 18 and 1600 yards in Mannings first 3 years in the league.

Amani Toomer was 30 when Eli entered but a real good WR coming off several 1000 yard years.

Shockey was a 1st round TE!!!! picked in 2002.

Did they trade or pick up Plax.  A freakish WR in that time coming off good years with Pitt.  Had 3 real good years with the Giants.  Picked 8th overall.

----------------

Brandon Jacobs picked in 2005.  Had 2 1000 yard seasons in a part time role.  Had 15 TDs in a year.

Steve Smith what a 2nd round pick.....had 1 really goo year.

Manningham a skilled mid round pick who was a decent player until injury.

Victor Cruz had 3 real good years.  1 2nd team all pro and 1 pro bowl.

ODBjr…. what a top 10 pick and quickly became one of the most dynamic playmakers in the league?  Had him into his later years still counts.

Evan Engram a 1st round TE with great receiving skill had him at end of his career.  

So can we please stop with he had nothing?   Did he have HOFers?  No.  But he had weapons.  They tried to stock him with weapons.  He came into the league and had vets like Toomer and Tiki there to groom him.  His cupboard was hardly bare.

I didn’t say he had nothing. I said he didn’t play for a juggernaut.

Just now, MDC said:

Backpedaling like a circus clown on a unicycle. Lol. 🤡 

Yeah, I really think Shockey is better than Witten. Go away foolish troll. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Schockeys good days were over by the time Eli had him. And trying to tell a Giants fan that Shockey was an asset for Eli is laughable and shows you don't know what you speak of. 

3rd in 2005 among TEs in yards.  T-2nd in TDs.  In 15 games.

Injuries and never finishing seasons hurt his numbers.  Either way a 1st round TE talent.  

Don't sit here and act like Im trying to say the Giants were stacked with HOFers.  Ive already said that.  The point is the notion he had nothing is a far cry from correct.  He had players and they tried to give him players.  

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, I really think Shockey is better than Witten. Go away foolish troll. 

so you admit that TE post was a troll job?

oh the irony.  a lot of you guys here that like to play sides like 13 year old girls are one in the same, you just are too dumb to realize it.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

oh the irony.  a lot of you guys here that like to play sides like 13 year old girls are one in the same, you just are too dumb to realize it.  

Yeah. Busting cowboy fans balls. They got it.  I told you MDC is a fool. Pay no mind. And Shockey got ran out of town because of his BS towards Eli. No one was sad to see him go. Please, in the future, don't tell me what's what with the Giants, mmmmmkay? 

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

To be fair to Recliner Pilot, it must be hard to keep all his takes straight since he’s been playing make believe for 4 years. :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. Busting cowboy fans balls. They got it.  I told you MDC is a fool. Pay no mind. And Shockey got ran out of town because of his BS towards Eli. No one was sad to see him go. Please, in the future, don't tell me what's what with the Giants, mmmmmkay? 

ill take this thread as busting nfce fans balls as well in order to get out ahead of the next discussion.

im not trying to say shockey was a monster for 10 years as much as you want to argue it like I am.

Eli had a top 10 TE with 1st round talent for a handful of years.  A guy that had injuries.  

He had pieces each year along with generally good defenses.  (Que the 2011 they had a below avg defense response)

he had things.  enough things.

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

ill take this thread as busting nfce fans balls as well in order to get out ahead of the next discussion.

im not trying to say shockey was a monster for 10 years as much as you want to argue it like I am.

Eli had a top 10 TE with 1st round talent for a handful of years.  A guy that had injuries.  

He had pieces each year along with generally good defenses.  (Que the 2011 they had a below avg defense response)

he had things.  enough things.

Not as much as others thatdid less. 

Mr. Slightly Above Average

I'll miss your Poopy Pants Faces :D

next

5 hours ago, drobeski said:

Guess no one thinks that Jameis Winston has a chance to be a future hall of famer... even though his stats say that he is the next Eli Manning.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Guess no one thinks that Jameis Winston has a chance to be a future hall of famer... even though his stats say that he is the next Eli Manning.

Well, besides the rings and durability..  Like I said, absurd.

:doh:

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

Well, besides the rings and durability..  Like I said, absurd.

Durability?  Cmon man.  I'll entertain a discussion about the rings, particularly because they beat the Pats.  But HoF because he didn't get hurt much?  :wacko:

Just now, Reality said:

Those are excuses?

Everyone knows Winston's production can't last in the NFL... but if he does, his numbers will equal Eli's.  All he has to do is fall into a good gig twice in the next 16 years, and boom... he's Eli 2.0.

I've always maintained that Winston is a mediocre QB.  Average.  About 95% of the NFL fandom world... plus the talking heads and experts, think Winston is garbage.  I can tell you this, in today's NFL, even with all of his turnovers (see Eli for proof), he can stick for another 15 years.  If in that time frame, Tampa ever gets a decent defense, they could make a run here and there.  If the defense keeps continues to get better this year, the Bucs will probably finish with about 8 or 9 wins.  They'll keep Winston for at least 1 more season.  If they make the playoffs next year, he will be re-signed.  Everyone who's trashing him now will still be trashing him then and say how it's only because of his defense.  Then, they'll get a ring - maybe two.  Then I want to see people like you and all the other Winston haters, try and come up with reasons why he sucks... but Eli wasn't "average".

15 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Durability?  Cmon man.  I'll entertain a discussion about the rings, particularly because they beat the Pats.  But HoF because he didn't get hurt much?  :wacko:

It's all the resume..  It all matters..  Top 8 numbers, 2 rings, durability..  Yes, absolutely, it all adds up to him being a no doubt HoF'er..  

I don't make the rules..  This one is easy though.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not as much as others thatdid less. 

Also more than others who did more

He's won a couple but not a "winner" but that's not on him it's the franchise. He was never going to be great, just an average serviceable starter who can, if you build a good team, reach the top. 

They're a contender once maybe twice every few decades.  

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I will rag on Eli as much as any Eagles fan: The bad INTs, the retarded face, etc. But it is damn impressive to play what, 15 years without missing a game? At a position where about a third of QBs miss some time every year.

Without a ring he wouldn’t get in. With 1 he’d be borderline. In 30 years when journeymen nobodies are having 60,000 passing yard careers his #s won’t even look that impressive.

But 2 rings and longevity absolutely gets Eli in right now.