Hardcore troubadour

Thanks Eli

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

I will rag on Eli as much as any Eagles fan: The bad INTs, the retarded face, etc. But it is damn impressive to play what, 15 years without missing a game? At a position where about a third of QBs miss some time every year.

Without a ring he wouldn’t get in. With 1 he’d be borderline. In 30 years when journeymen nobodies are having 60,000 passing yard careers his #s won’t even look that impressive.

But 2 rings and longevity absolutely gets Eli in right now.

It's disappointing that we're setting the bar that low.  😢

Maybe it's a good thing though.  It'll increase the chances of mediocre Tampa players getting in.

9 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Also more than others who did more

Ok. Who? 

29 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Durability?  Cmon man.  I'll entertain a discussion about the rings, particularly because they beat the Pats.  But HoF because he didn't get hurt much?  :wacko:

Durability = Tough.  2007. Giants get blown out first two games. Eli gets banged up against the Packers. Doesn't practice the whole week, no one expects him to play.  Leads a 4th quarter (one of many) comeback to beat the Redskins on the road. Strahan says that's the day he won over the team. Championship.  Durable= Tough.  

13 minutes ago, Reality said:

It's all the resume..  It all matters..  Top 8 numbers, 2 rings, durability..  Yes, absolutely, it all adds up to him being a no doubt HoF'er..  

I don't make the rules..  This one is easy though.

He doesn't have top 8 "numbers," he has top 8 "yards" which we've discussed ad nauseum.  Every other number other than 2 rings is nowhere near HoF.

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok. Who? 

Well how do you want to define more.  If you want to just go by 2 SBs then not many.  Brady has 6 with a similar cast or worse.  He definatly turned guys like Edleman and Welker into studs where Eli would not have.  He did have Gronk for a while.  

If you want to go by just flat out better QBs...better stats...more all pros....thought of as better players by peers then quite a few.

Eli won 2 NFC championships on the road in overtime.  Both times in horrible weather. Tough bastard. 

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Well how do you want to define more.  If you want to just go by 2 SBs then not many.  Brady has 6 with a similar cast or worse.  He definatly turned guys like Edleman and Welker into studs where Eli would not have.  He did have Gronk for a while.  

If you want to go by just flat out better QBs...better stats...more all pros....thought of as better players by peers then quite a few.

Bupkis. 

Eli rolled into Lambeau to face the 15-1 defending super bowl champs led by first ballot HOF QB A. Rodgers. All he did was hang 37 on them.  

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Eli rolled into Lambeau to face the 15-1 defending super bowl champs led by first ballot HOF QB A. Rodgers. All he did was hang 37 on them.  

Everyone did.  The Packers defense has been swiss cheese for years upon years.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Everyone did.  The Packers defense has been swiss cheese for years upon years.

Ok, you can go away. You're either trolling or a moron.  Teams don't get to 15-1 in the NFL by accident. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bupkis. 

Rodgers has had less.

Marino had less.

Yes I know Elways didnt win a SB till he was old and had pieces.  But was considered elite before that with no one at all.

Russ Wilson has had a defense but really not much on offense as far as talent.  Marshawn.

McNabb, you will laugh but he is the same caliber QB.  He had Todd Pinkston and TO for a couple years.  

I mean I hate to name both Packers QBs but Favre had who? He made Freeman. Made Greg Jennings.  Ahman Green I suppose was pretty talented.  Similar supporting casts I would say.

Probably others.  Thats off the top of my head.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok, you can go away. You're either trolling or a moron.  Teams don't get to 15-1 in the NFL by accident. 

Yeah it wasnt by accident.  It was because of Aaron Rodgers.  Their defense was average at best from then going forward.  Do you not remember the pathetic displays of tackling? Was pathetic and hard to watch.

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Rodgers has had less.

Marino had less.

Yes I know Elways didnt win a SB till he was old and had pieces.  But was considered elite before that with no one at all.

Russ Wilson has had a defense but really not much on offense as far as talent.  Marshawn.

McNabb, you will laugh but he is the same caliber QB.  He had Todd Pinkston and TO for a couple years.  

I mean I hate to name both Packers QBs but Favre had who? He made Freeman. Made Greg Jennings.  Ahman Green I suppose was pretty talented.  Similar supporting casts I would say.

Yeah, Eli couldn't have made anyone though. I notice all the success his pass catchers have had since they left the team. 

34 minutes ago, MDC said:

But 2 rings and longevity absolutely gets Eli in right now.

Just like McNabb :doublethumbsup:.............no, wait! 

In 2007 Eli Manning went into Dallas to face the number one seed Cowboys and emerged victorious, on the way to the super bowl. 

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

Just like McNabb :doublethumbsup:.............no, wait! 

Thank god for Big Diik Nick. :first: 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, Eli couldn't have made anyone though. I notice all the success his pass catchers have had since they left the team. 

Like who? They all got blown out knees. 

In 2011 the Giants won the NFC east with a 9-7 record, besting the Dallas Cowboys who finished second with an 8-8 record. That year Eli Manning put up 37 and 31 points vs the Cowboys.  A loss in either game would have eliminated the Giants from making the playoffs.  They went on to win the super bowl that year, defeating the New England Patriots for the second time in four years.  Eli Manning was awarded his second super bowl MVP. 

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Like who? They all got blown out knees. 

Funny, they all hoooked on with other teams. NFL Gm's aren't known for signing players with blown out knees. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In 2011 the Giants won the NFC east with a 9-7 record, besting the Dallas Cowboys who finished second with an 8-8 record. That year Eli Manning put up 37 and 31 points vs the Cowboys.  A loss in either game would have eliminated the Giants from making the playoffs.  They went on to win the super bowl that year, defeating the New England Patriots for the second time in four years.  Eli Manning was awarded his second super bowl MVP. 

Yeah that sucked........many of his best games have been against Dallas

2 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Yeah that sucked........many of his best games have been against Dallas

Not lately though. But the Romo vs Eli battles were great. Always feared Romo. 

• Like 2

I think we can dispose of the notion that Eli only had two big games now. I have more if you want. I'm happy to just take the W and move on though.  

27 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

HT, you should get Eli to join the GC

The funny thing is, I'm not saying he's great. Mostly because  he's not. But when I hear the BS about his career, as an up close witness to the whole thing, I'm not going to let this false assessment of it stand. Yeah, I'm very fond of Eli. Why wouldn't I be? And this notion that anyone's running around saying how great he is is complete bullshit. Fools are fighting an argument in their heads that they have made up. And others, like MDCuck and Dumbgby are here to troll. Those two know nothing about the division. MDCuck was a Jets fan not long ago. I'll put it this way about Eli: He was a better football player than he was a quarterback. Anyone who knows football understands what I'm saying. That a guy who never caused a lick of trouble and as witnessed by his press conference today is a great team mate and class act gets this much grief is hillarious and obviously about more than Eli.  Jealous. 

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Rodgers has had less.

Marino had less.: duper/clayton

Yes I know Elways didnt win a SB till he was old and had pieces.  But was considered elite before that with no one at all: johnson/jackson/watson, and very good defenses

McNabb, you will laugh but he is the same caliber QB.  He had Todd Pinkston and TO for a couple years.  staley/westbrook/to/lewis

Yeah. After 6 pages of back and forth, we’re all pretty much in agreement. Eli wasn’t one of the all-time greats, but he was a good QB with some great moments/runs. Those great moments and long career will get him into the hall.

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

He doesn't have top 8 "numbers," he has top 8 "yards" which we've discussed ad nauseum.  Every other number other than 2 rings is nowhere near HoF.

He absolutely does, he's 7th in yards and 8th in TD's.

I'm glad this thread exists, people are getting educated on Eli's career. That's a good thing, since he'll be enshrined in the HoF in a few years.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Yeah. After 6 pages of back and forth, we’re all pretty much in agreement. Eli wasn’t one of the all-time greats, but he was a good QB with some great moments/runs. Those great moments and long career will get him into the hall.

And don’t forget, we all agree HT is a ginormous dooshnozzle as well :cheers:

18 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

And don’t forget, we all agree HT is a ginormous dooshnozzle as well :cheers:

Thanks Mr. Popularity. 

Eli Manning was 11-4 in win or go home games. He won 3x on the last game of the season to make the playoffs. 

If Ryan Fitzpatrick wins 2 SuperBowls for my Dolphins, he can remain the starter until he's 80 years old.

Reminds me of Donaven McNabb... one of the most under-rated QBs of all time who carried mediocre Eagles to multiple NFC title games and a SuperBowl.  Eagles fans didn't care - they never won.  Fock all you greedy spoiled bastards.  I'd kill just to see the Dolphins reach an AFC title game within the next decade. 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In 2007 Eli Manning went into Dallas to face the number one seed Cowboys and emerged victorious, on the way to the super bowl. 

Focking wide ass open Crayton stopped. :wall:

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

That was the game right there. Couldn't stand Crayton. Still thought T.O. was going to break our backs on the last drive  

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Ugh........and I'm pretty sure Miles Austin did the same in another big game, can't remember which one right now.

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The funny thing is, I'm not saying he's great. Mostly because  he's not. 

And there you go. Even you don't think he's great. And thus he shouldn't be in the hall. The hall is for greats. Not the good. 

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

And there you go. Even you don't think he's great. And thus he shouldn't be in the hall. The hall is for greats. Not the good. 

But goods already made it. So we start to right the ship now? 

7 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Ugh........and I'm pretty sure Miles Austin did the same in another big game, can't remember which one right now.

2011 playoff game... Said he lost it in the lights. :rolleyes: