Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Dolphins Headed to Super Bowl LV?

I just put a dollar down on the Dolphins winning the Super Bowl THIS year.

Current odds: 20,000 to 1

1 minute ago, stonewall said:

I just put a dollar down on the Dolphins winning the Super Bowl THIS year.

Current odds: 20,000 to 1

Well, you can kiss THAT dollar goodbye...

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well, you can kiss THAT dollar goodbye...

Very likely....

Today's news...

A busload of schoolchildren got lost during a tour of Hard Rock stadium yesterday.

By the time they were found, they had the Dolphins down 17-3.

I Think the chiefs winning the division is a safe bet.  Bet $140 and win $10.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I Think the chiefs winning the division is a safe bet.  Bet $140 and win $10.

ok, but be careful.  there are alot of con-men out there that will find out about this bet and approach you with legitimate sounding investment opportunities.  if i were you, i'd consult an attorney before claiming your winnings

Can you make wagers on the Superbowl three or so years out?  I'd be interested in throwing a few dollars on the Dolphins in like 2022 or 2023.  They will have a slew of draft picks and a TON of cap room.  Plus, by then, Brady will be out of the division.  Gase will be too, but only because he sucks as a Head Coach.  For Miami to rebuild that team from where they are now, I figure they need to hit on 75% of their draft picks.  By hit, I mean Pro Bowl type players.  That roster is absolutely bare outside of one great Cornerback.  On the plus side, only 21 more starting positions need to be filled. 

The best chance to win money, is to bet on Tampa to win the NFC South at 8 to 1.  With Brees out, seeing Bridgewater the last 2 seasons, the Saints may go 0 for during his tenure.  Atlanta could win the South, but the odds are awful, 7 to 5 isn't worth the investment.  Panthers have NO shot and will finish this season in 4th place in the division.

This week the Bucs have the Giants.  They then go to the Rams then the Saints.  Followed by a "home" game against the Panthers in London.  The Bucs could/should be 4-2 heading into the bye week before traveling to Tennessee then Seattle, followed by home games against AZ and New Orleans.  After 10 games, 7-3 is a possibility - maybe 6-4.  The Saints may only be 3-7 or 4-6.  Atlanta could be 6-4 or 7-3 as well.  The Panthers will stink.  They may only win 5 or 6 games all year.

Tampa's Defense certainly looks better.  They have a real Coordinator now though.  A good one.  I could see them being a legit 6-4 after 10 games.  The downside is I could just as easily see them being 4-6 due to turnovers.  8 to 1 in that division would be getting pretty nice odds though. 

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Tampa's Defense certainly looks better.  They have a real Coordinator now though.  A good one.  I could see them being a legit 6-4 after 10 games.  The downside is I could just as easily see them being 4-6 due to turnovers.  8 to 1 in that division would be getting pretty nice odds though. 

I agree with you 100%.

On 9/17/2019 at 10:19 PM, AxeElf said:

So far, it looks like the Dolphins will have 5 of the first 65 picks in the 2020 draft, including 2 of the top 10 (assuming the Steelers finish in the bottom 10).

Miami's Picks in the Next Two Drafts

Of course, you have to do something with those picks. The Browns did a great job of stockpiling picks starting in the early part of the decade, but blew them on trash like Justin Gilbert and Manziel. It was only when they hit on guys like Garrett, Baker and Ward that they saw any success.

The guys who will be making the Dolphins future picks are the same people who chose all the picks they just traded away. What evidence is there that they'll do any better?

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

Of course, you have to do something with those picks. The Browns did a great job of stockpiling picks starting in the early part of the decade, but blew them on trash like Justin Gilbert and Manziel. It was only when they hit on guys like Garrett, Baker and Ward that they saw any success.

The guys who will be making the Dolphins future picks are the same people who chose all the picks they just traded away. What evidence is there that they'll do any better?

Surely they can't miss on Oklahoma's third straight Heisman-winning QB...

#LoveHurts