Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Walmart says no guns to be brought into stores. Who is that message for? Would-be criminals?

So, Walmart and  few others have announced "Don't bring guns into stores"

Few  questions.

1.) Is that a message to the would-be criminals?    Or like, who is that message to?  I'm assuming Walmart believes it will stop a shooter from entering the store, as he dang well knows that guns aren't allowed in Walmart.  Why does it take someone at a company like Walmart to figure that out?  They single handedly figured out a plan to stop shootings.  Nice Job, Walmart! 

2.) What is the point of telling folks "no guns in our store" ?  What problem is it trying to solve?   Ex: No back packs is trying to solve theft.

3.) Can some stores legally say "No guns in our store"?  If so, where does it stop? No kids in store? No black people?  No white t-shirts in store?   

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Few  questions.

1.) Is that a message to the would-be criminals?    Or like, who is that message to?  I'm assuming Walmart believes it will stop a shooter from entering the store, as he dang well knows that guns aren't allowed in Walmart.  Why does it take someone at a company like Walmart to figure that out?  They single handedly figured out a plan to stop shootings.  Nice Job, Walmart! 

2.) What is the point of telling folks "no guns in our store" ?  What problem is it trying to solve?   Ex: No back packs is trying to solve theft.

3.) Can some stores legally say "No guns in our store"?  If so, where does it stop? No kids in store? No black people?  No white t-shirts in store?   

They should put a sign up outside their doors:

No peeing on the floors in this store

No guns and no shooting people in this store

No masturbating in the dairy section

No stealing our stuff

No throwing baseballs at the fat black people in the store

No pooping while standing in line to be checked out

No eating chips without paying for them

etc... etc... etc...

4 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Few  questions.

Walmart has requested that people not open carry into Walmart.  This does not apply to concealed. All Ive seen still has kept this at "Walmart, Publix, etc is asking its customers not to open carry".  

Places can ban weapons completely, but Ive never seen a ban on open carry but not concealed.

They know the place is filled with dirtbags doing dirtbag things and they don't want an open carry citizen to cap one of them.

Simple rule, if you are trying to limit crime, you are racist....

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

The message is for customers who are afraid of guns in order to make them feel more comfortable shopping at their store. 

This is it.  It's 100% about the bottom line.  They think they'll make more money taking X stance rather than Y stance.

5 minutes ago, Kanil said:

This is it.  It's 100% about the bottom line.  They think they'll make more money taking X stance rather than Y stance.

Walmart’s stock hit a record high after changing their gun policy. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

So in your mind, one caused the other?

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

So in your mind, one caused the other?

That’s how it works with Gillette, Chik fil A, Nike etc. according to the GC, so ... 😐 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I wouldn't see this as a cause/effect relationship.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

That’s how it works with Gillette, Chik fil A, Nike etc. according to the GC, so ... 😐 

Oh, I did not realize we were now accepting this kind of assessment for those......cool.....

Just now, RLLD said:

Oh, I did not realize we were now accepting this kind of assessment for those......cool.....

I don’t make the GC rules I just report on them. ;) 

They should just make murder illegal. That will stop people from killing. It's how we stopped everyone from doing drugs

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t make the GC rules I just report on them. ;) 

Hey, no worries, I am encouraged that there seems to be some fairness in their application, take your wins where they come right?

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Hey, no worries, I am encouraged that there seems to be some fairness in their application, take your wins where they come right?

Glad to see you feel that stock prices at WalMart soared because they banned guns. :thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Glad to see you feel that stock prices at WalMart soared because they banned guns. :thumbsup: 

It very well could have, I would not exclude it, nor would I assert it.....without actual data that corroborates one way or another.

It would be interesting to see if it were true, as I would expect other vendors to match it if there is a financial win.

4 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

The message is for customers who are afraid of guns in order to make them feel more comfortable shopping at their store. 

It will now be a perfect place for a criminal to rob using a gun. 

18 minutes ago, sderk said:

It will now be a perfect place for a criminal to rob using a gun. 

It would if they were allowed to bring a gun into the store. 

9 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

It would if they were allowed to bring a gun into the store. 

Criminals don't pay attention to rules  or corporate policies or laws? :dunno:

13 minutes ago, sderk said:

Criminals don't pay attention to rules  or corporate policies or laws? :dunno:

Really?  That just doesn't seem right. 

1 minute ago, Bill E. said:

Really?  That just doesn't seem right. 

I know! Right?

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

I know! Right?

it could still work.  "I have a gun in the car so empty your register into this bag. " 

1 minute ago, Bill E. said:

it could still work.  "I have a gun in the car so empty your register into this bag. " 

Maybe you can show a picture of a gun? See this?  I'm gonna wait for you to leave the store then shoot you if you don't give me the money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

That's 100% it.  100 - focking - percent.

I just wanted someone to say it.

Thank you.