Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

waiting to breakout

randall cobb will break out only owned 28% been watching him and prescott has developed a trust & with gallop out 2-4 weeks cobb will get more action i'm benching woods this week this since the cowboys are playing the fins

3 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

who is on your bench that you are waiting to breakout?

Justice Hill

Gave up on him this week. Not because I don't think he's any good, but I needed the roster spot and was pretty sure he would go unclaimed. Still, can't say there's much to be excited about from him so far. On what looks to be a juggernaut offense, he's getting snaps and not doing much with them.

On another team I have Sanders and Singletary. The latter has reached a stage where I could spot start him if necessary (assuming he's healthy). I have high hopes for Sanders but it clearly hasn't happened yet. What's reassuring (especially in comparison to Hill) is that no one else on Philly's roster is doing much on the ground.

Justin Jackson would be nice, but aint gonna happen.. 

im in on Deebo

5 minutes ago, [echo] said:

Justin Jackson would be nice, but aint gonna happen.. 

im in on Deebo

He just got dropped in my league. Debating putting in a claim for him (would have to drop Metcalf). I'm leaning against because it feels too speculative.

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

He just got dropped in my league. Debating putting in a claim for him (would have to drop Metcalf). I'm leaning against because it feels too speculative.

Well all leagues are different but generally I’d say jump on Deebo. Could be a solid WR2

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Well all leagues are different but generally I’d say jump on Deebo. Could be a solid WR2

Sorry, I meant Jackson. In terms of WRs, I like Deebo but think Metcalf has higher upside (better QB, less competition for WR1 status).

Actually, the more I think of it, the more similar their situations are. Both have a nominal WR1 ahead of them who's a low-volume speed guy (Lockett << Goodwin, but it's not a huge gap). The main differences, aside from the QBs, is the presence of Pettis as a wildcard. If he gets his head straight he could really impact Samuel's market share. There's no comparable WR in Seattle.)

3 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Sorry, I meant Jackson. In terms of WRs, I like Deebo but think Metcalf has higher upside (better QB, less competition for WR1 status).

Actually, the more I think of it, the more similar their situations are. Both have a nominal WR1 ahead of them who's a low-volume speed guy (Lockett << Goodwin, but it's not a huge gap). The main differences, aside from the QBs, is the presence of Pettis as a wildcard. If he gets his head straight he could really impact Samuel's market share. There's no comparable WR in Seattle.)

Lockett is better than Goodwin and San Fran is a more prolific passing offense. That said I do like Metcalf as well

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Ito Smith. Freeman seems cooked so far

Doesn’t Ito kinda suck though?

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Seems like he’s better than Freeman so far, or just sucks less. 

Just now, Phil Simms 11 said:

Last year he was pretty terrible. But he was a rookie

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

2 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Last year he was pretty terrible. But he was a rookie

Freeman has still been better in the passing game, even if Ito has a better start in the run game.

This may be because defenses are more keyed towards stopping the run when Freeman is in, though that will probably change if Ito continues to get lots of carries.

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Lockett is better than Goodwin and San Fran is a more prolific passing offense. That said I do like Metcalf as well

They're dart throws. My WRs are already pretty solid, so the only real value is if someone emerges as a weekly starter. I'm going Metcalf based mostly on talent, but I have very low confidence that I know for sure. Wouldn't be surprised if either (or both, or neither) turned out to be studs.

I guess with Goodwin vs. Lockett it doesn't really matter which is better so much as the fact that neither have ever been target hogs, so we don't have to worry about the other guys losing volume to them.

M Sanders of the Eagles. 

• Like 2

Sanders needs to learn how to be an NFL RB.  He's still trying to out-athlete everyone.  If he starts to trust the plays and the blocking he'll be a beast but he's trying to bounce everything.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

randall cobb will break out only owned 28% been watching him and prescott has developed a trust & with gallop out 2-4 weeks cobb will get more action i'm benching woods this week this since the cowboys are playing the fins

Are you saying you are benching Robert Woods for Cobb? What have you seen specifically about Cobb that has you this excited?

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Are you saying you are benching Robert Woods for Cobb? What have you seen specifically about Cobb that has you this excited?

I've seen people run thru the dolphins like water in my hands 

3 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

I've seen people run thru the dolphins like water in my hands 

Week 1 yes, week 2 not really. Edelman was meh in the slot and Gordon did nothing. I was more interested in why you think Cobb will be good. you mentioned you have been watching him.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Probably his whopping 7 yards per catch 😄

Or maybe the fact he hasn’t done sh1t since 2014 😂

I picked up Cobb in my dynasty league where I have Cooper and needed some WR depth.

Not starting but I think he could be deep PPR flexable in a pinch if needed POSSIBLY 

It was justice for me but I just dropped him for deebo.

deebo has a much clearer path and little competition to establish himself. This week will be telling.

Darwin Thompson - he's in a potent offense - the 2 guys ahead of him are already banged up. Only a matter of time before he gets his shot & hopefully runs with it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

It was justice for me but I just dropped him for deebo.

deebo has a much clearer path and little competition to establish himself. This week will be telling.

When Trent Taylor returns after the bye, the competition is going to get a little stiffer.

Deebo Samuel stepped up week #2  with 86yds. and a TD as the leading WR. for 49'ers...  his stats are more likely not to change in weekly targets and similar production , simply the most talented WR of the 49'ers and well supported by the coach.....By mid-Oct. you will be extremely glad you drafted or plucked him off the waiver wire..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

When Trent Taylor returns after the bye, the competition is going to get a little stiffer.

Yeah I know that’s the word but what has Trent Taylor ever actually done?  Sure he’ll get some targets but I don’t see him disrupting deebos path to lead the targets weekly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SexyRexy said:

Yeah I know that’s the word but what has Trent Taylor ever actually done?  Sure he’ll get some targets but I don’t see him disrupting deebos path to lead the targets weekly

We'll see.  Some expected Trent Taylor to lead the team in targets and receptions as Garoppolo's favorite WR...

Trent Taylor the MVP of 49ers Training Camp

D Samuel is the Niners wr to own