Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Wednesday non-political thread - IMDB synopsis

Maybe my favorite Wednesday game, love the movie stuff.

Post the 1 or 2 sentence synopsis from IMDB  and let the guessing begin, first correct posts the next one.   Hints can be offered if you want, if needed and let's try to pick movies that would be known to the general public(IE...Posty might not have seen it, but he's heard of it).  Feel free to obscure the title, if it's in the synopsis.

An examination of the machinations behind the scenes at a real estate office.

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Maybe my favorite Wednesday game, love the movie stuff.

Post the 1 or 2 sentence synopsis from IMDB  and let the guessing begin, first correct posts the next one.   Hints can be offered if you want, if needed and let's try to pick movies that would be known to the general public(IE...Posty might not have seen it, but he's heard of it).  Feel free to obscure the title, if it's in the synopsis.

Dallas Buyer's Club?

A drifter discovers a pair of sunglasses that allow him to wake up to the fact that aliens have taken over the Earth.

(should be easy and assumes I was right)

3 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

A drifter discovers a pair of sunglasses that allow him to wake up to the fact that aliens have taken over the Earth.

(should be easy and assumes I was right)

They live. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

A is for Always

B is for Be

C is for Closing

Glengarry Glen Ross for those who didn't know.   And if you don't know it, you should see it, great film with just great acting.   Based on a Mamet play, so only a couple of sets, no action---so if that's not your cup of tea, you have been forewarned.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

A is for Always

B is for Be

C is for Closing

Put... the coffee... down.  Coffee is for closers.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Three company workers who hate their jobs decide to rebel against their greedy boss.

Nine to Five?

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

Horrible Bosses?

That's what I thought, but 'their greedy boss' makes me think it's one person.  :dunno:

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

That's what I thought, but 'their greedy boss' makes me think it's one person.  :dunno:

Nope..

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Office Space?

DING DING DING!!

Kind of a crappy description, but I didn't write it

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Put... the coffee... down.  Coffee is for closers.  :thumbsup:

Never seen the movie, but isn't that like saying "put the dictionary down...dictionaries are for spelling bee champs".  :nono:

3 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Never seen the movie, but isn't that like saying "put the dictionary down...dictionaries are for spelling bee champs".  :nono:

NSFW language:

• Thanks 2

A veteran Green Beret is forced by a cruel Sheriff and his deputies to flee into the mountains and wage an escalating one-man war against his pursuers.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

A veteran Green Beret is forced by a cruel Sheriff and his deputies to flee into the mountains and wage an escalating one-man war against his pursuers.

First Blood

2 minutes ago, posty said:

"A series of short, highly irreverent, and often tasteless skits."

Kentucky Fried Movie?

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Kentucky Fried Movie?

Correct...

I was hoping this would be obscure enough, but alas it wasn't...

1 hour ago, posty said:

First Blood

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Dang it, the "Show Reply" popped up as I was typing in my answer.   :wall:

Figured that would be appropriate with Friday coming up!!!

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

Wild behavior forces a pair of energy drink reps to enroll in a big brother program

Role Models?  

Framed by their ruthless arch-nemesis, a mismatched LAPD crime-fighting duo has to put its differences aside to even the score with the evil kingpin who put them behind bars once and for all.

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Framed by their ruthless arch-nemesis, a mismatched LAPD crime-fighting duo has to put its differences aside to even the score with the evil kingpin who put them behind bars once and for all.

Tango and Cash

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Tango and Cash

Stallone wants to make a sequel to this...

https://geektyrant.com/news/sylvester-stallone-wants-to-make-a-tango-cash-sequel-with-kurt-russell-and-hes-still-working-on-that-cobra-series

Sylvester Stallone has enjoyed revisiting his past roles such as Rocky and Rambo recently, but there’s a couple other past properties that he’s looking to bring back as well. 

During a recent interview with Fandango, Stallone revealed that he would love to reteam with Kurt Russell for a Tango & Cash sequel:

“I would do Tango & Cash in a second. I know, with Kurt [Russell], it’s not about a caper… it’s just us doing our thing." 

It sounds like Russell might need some convincing to do it, though. When Stallone approached him about it he recalls him saying something along the lines of:

"'I don’t know, Sly…There we were in our prime and now we’re in our unprime, I dunno.' So I said, 'Kurt, I’m telling you, ya gotta go in on this.' So he said, 'I’ll talk to you when I get back.'"

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Tango & Cash, but I would sure enjoy seeing Stallone and Russell together on the big screen again! That would be a lot of fun!

Stallone also offered an update on his Cobra series. A few months ago he said that he was working on trying to make it happen, and now he’s revealed that he’s looking to get Robert Rodriguez involved:

“I’m talking with Robert Rodriguez right now about Cobra, which looks like that could happen. It’s basically his baby now.”

In the original 1986 action film, Stallone played an LAPD officer who finds himself at the center of a spate of murders carried out by a secret society called New Order: killers who select "weak" members of society for extermination. After he takes a witness to one of the murders into protective custody, they end up fighting for their lives.

Stallone will next be seen back in the role of John Rambo in Rambo: Last Blood. What do you all think about these new projects that Stallone is trying to get off the ground? Would you want to see a Tango & Cash sequel or a Cobra TV series?

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Tango and Cash

:thumbsup:

Dang, with the number of buddy cop movies I thought this would be a little tougher.   You are up.

In Mexico City, a former CIA operative swears vengeance on those who committed an unspeakable act against the family he was hired to protect.

19 minutes ago, Reality said:

In Mexico City, a former CIA operative swears vengeance on those who committed an unspeakable act against the family he was hired to protect.

Man on Fire