Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Wednesday non-political thread - IMDB synopsis

Man, you guys are digging deep for these.  I never heard of some of these movies... Kentucky Fried Movie, Role Models, Man on Fire?  What?

12 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Man, you guys are digging deep for these.  I never heard of some of these movies... Kentucky Fried Movie, Role Models, Man on Fire?  What?

Yeah, I got nothing on those 3 and I'm an old dood.  :dunno:

ETA:  I did get Tango and Cash and Glengarry but was late to each party.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, I got nothing on those 3 and I'm an old dood.  :dunno:

ETA:  I did get Tango and Cash and Glengarry but was late to each party.

Tango and Cash I saw, but it didn't click until after someone suggested it.  I never heard of the Glengarry Glen Ross thing either.  Is that the movie or the person's name?  Still haven't figured that out yet.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Tango and Cash I saw, but it didn't click until after someone suggested it.  I never heard of the Glengarry Glen Ross thing either.  Is that the movie or the person's name?  Still haven't figured that out yet.

Name of the movie - I've never fully understood, but I think it's the name of a real estate development, the Glengarry Glen Ross.  Like I said earlier, great great movie if you like that type of fare.

25 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If you like 40 Year Old Virgin, you would probably like Role Models, same type of feel/humor.   You will laugh a lot, eat popcorn and not think about it much after...

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Name of the movie - I've never fully understood, but I think it's the name of a real estate development, the Glengarry Glen Ross.  Like I said earlier, great great movie if you like that type of fare.

Thanks.  I'm guessing the movie is like 30 years old, so there's a good chance I won't watch it, but you never know.

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

If you like 40 Year Old Virgin, you would probably like Role Models, same type of feel/humor.   You will laugh a lot, eat popcorn and not think about it much after...

I definitely know of 40 Year Old Virgin, but I never saw it.  Growing up, I never had a lot of spare time, so the opportunities for movies were slim.  I don't think that I'll ever get around to watching movies 15 to 20+ years old.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I definitely know of 40 Year Old Virgin, but I never saw it.  Growing up, I never had a lot of spare time, so the opportunities for movies were slim.  I don't think that I'll ever get around to watching movies 15 to 20+ years old.

I'm a movie addict---have a large collection of blurays/dvds and constantly watch movies, will watch movies that I have seen over and over again.   The next three movies on my Netflix list are Whitnall and I(1987), The Big Lebowski(1998---I saw it once years ago) and The Philadelphia Story(1940).  

Different Folks/Strokes words... 

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm a movie addict---have a large collection of blurays/dvds and constantly watch movies, will watch movies that I have seen over and over again.   The next three movies on my Netflix list are Whitnall and I(1987), The Big Lebowski(1998---I saw it once years ago) and The Philadelphia Story(1940).  

I've never seen Lebowski, I keep meaning to watch it when my wife is out banging one of you guys.  :thumbsup:

41 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yup, easy but, one of my favs.

Two stoners unknowingly smuggle a van - made entirely of marijuana - from Mexico to L.A., with incompetent Sgt. Stedenko on their trail.

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

I would watch movies multiple times - even ones that are 15-20+ years old, but I would have to have seen it the first time within the first half dozen years or so.  If it's a movie that I haven't seen at all and it's that old, I don't think I'll ever watch it.  

For example, I was 9 when the first Batman movie (with Michael Keaton), came out.  I first saw it when I was 14.  I've seen it many times.  Movies like Toy Story, Braveheart, Apollo 13, came out when I was 15.  I never saw them... and I never will.  They're too old now for me to watch.

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Two stoners unknowingly smuggle a van - made entirely of marijuana - from Mexico to L.A., with incompetent Sgt. Stedenko on their trail.

The only thing that comes to mind with byline is Cheech and Chong.  "Stoners", "Mexico", "LA".  The song, "Born in the East LA" comes to mind.

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

NSFW language:

Right, since when is coffee a "reward"?  Coffee is a tool to help you wake up and to keep you alert and to do your job better and TO CLOSE THAT SALE.  

So it seems counterproductive.  :dunno:

I guess he was just lashing out at anything and everything.  

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The only thing that comes to mind with byline is Cheech and Chong.  "Stoners", "Mexico", "LA".  The song, "Born in the East LA" comes to mind.

Up in Smoke

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I've never seen Lebowski, I keep meaning to watch it when my wife is out banging one of you guys.  :thumbsup:

There's a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. 

1 hour ago, Mookz said:

Right, since when is coffee a "reward"?  Coffee is a tool to help you wake up and to keep you alert and to do your job better and TO CLOSE THAT SALE.  

So it seems counterproductive.  :dunno:

I guess he was just lashing out at anything and everything.  

Baldwin would rather they all get fired than they do just enough to keep on life support.

Plus, being a caffeine-addled spaz doesn't always help you close deals.

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Kentucky Fried Movie is awesome...  It is done by the guys that did Airplane!

During a long space war, the lives of two wounded enemies become dependent on their ability to forgive and to trust.

24 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

During a long space war, the lives of two wounded enemies become dependent on their ability to forgive and to trust.

Enemy Mine

• Like 1

A phobic con artist and his protégé are on the verge of pulling off a lucrative swindle when the former's teenage daughter arrives unexpectedly.

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

A phobic con artist and his protégé are on the verge of pulling off a lucrative swindle when the former's teenage daughter arrives unexpectedly.

Matchstick Men

A fearless Secret Service agent will stop at nothing to bring down the counterfeiter who killed his partner

32 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

Matchstick Men

A fearless Secret Service agent will stop at nothing to bring down the counterfeiter who killed his partner

To Live and Die in LA   

The nephew of an armored-truck driver tries to prevent three million dollars from being taken by a local rival gang during a catastrophic flooding caused by a severe storm.

20 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Morgan Freeman and Christian Slater were two of my favorite actors growing up.

You're gonna have to give us a hint.

8 minutes ago, fandandy said:

You're gonna have to give us a hint.

Sorry...

"... family's cross-country drive to the ... theme park proves to be much more arduous than they ever anticipated."

21 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Baldwin would rather they all get fired than they do just enough to keep on life support.

Plus, being a caffeine-addled spaz doesn't always help you close deals.

All I'm sayin' is that traditionally coffee is provided by employers to help their employees be more productive.  Alec Baldwin was treating it more like champagne.  Coffee is for closers doesn't make sense.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Hard Rain.

Morgan Freeman and Christian Slater were two of my favorite actors growing up.

It came to mind sitting here flooded in at my office in Houston. 

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

I've been meaning to ask if Imelda was impacting you guys in Houston...

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sorry...

"... family's cross-country drive to the ... theme park proves to be much more arduous than they ever anticipated."

Vacation

34 minutes ago, Mookz said:

All I'm sayin' is that traditionally coffee is provided by employers to help their employees be more productive.  Alec Baldwin was treating it more like champagne.  Coffee is for closers doesn't make sense.  :dunno:

A psychoactive drug, psychopharmaceutical, or psychotropic drug is a chemical substance that changes brain function and results in alterations in perception, mood, consciousness, cognition, or behavior.[1] 

Caffeine is the world's most widely consumed psychoactive substance, but unlike many others, it is legal and unregulated in nearly all jurisdictions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoactive_drug

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I've been meaning to ask if Imelda was impacting you guys in Houston...

Not till today.  We had a little bit of heavy rain yesterday but today was crazy heavy rain.  

50 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Don't make excuses for him, skids.  :nono:

He went in there with a full head of steam, saw something happening, and lashed out at it.  Nothing any of those guys could have done in that moment would have been okay with him.  They were in for a beratin'. 

3 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Don't make excuses for him, skids.  :nono:

He went in there with a full head of steam, saw something happening, and lashed out at it.  Nothing any of those guys could have done in that moment would have been okay with him.  They were in for a beratin'. 

I agree with everything you said.  :dunno:

3 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s floodin’ down in Texas?

On 9/19/2019 at 7:37 PM, jerryskids said:

I agree with everything you said.  :dunno:

:thumbsup:

Would you also agree that it makes more sense to use coffee as a tool to help achieve success rather than as a reward for having achieved it?

48 minutes ago, Mookz said:

:thumbsup:

Would you also agree that it makes more sense to use coffee as a tool to help achieve success rather than as a reward for having achieved it?

Not in the context of his character. :dunno:

17 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Not in the context of his character. :dunno:

So to summarize:

What he said didn't make a lot of sense in itself.

It made sense for his character to say it in that moment. 

I think we're going to have to agree to agree.  :cheers: