Sign in to follow this  
josh wiley

mixon

i know his stats last week weren't great, but did anyone watch much of the game.  curious as to whether he was looking hurt still or if he just was not getting good blocking or game plan type thing?

8 minutes ago, josh wiley said:

i know his stats last week weren't great, but did anyone watch much of the game.  curious as to whether he was looking hurt still or if he just was not getting good blocking or game plan type thing?

I'll preface this by saying I don't own Mixon and was against where he was being drafted this season.  That said, his offensive line is non-existent.  The holes have been few and they close almost immediately.  I'm not certain why they aren't using him as a receiver out of the backfield.  They should be.  ESPN showed some replays of the game and he was standing all alone when he was on the field for passing downs.  You would think a Coordinator would take advantage of that and throw him the ball.  I don't think his problems are health related.  They are offensive line and scheming related. 

so doesn't seem like the ankle sprain is going to be a lingering issue.  good info oldtimer i appreciate it.  now hopefully ther line can improve.

2 hours ago, josh wiley said:

so doesn't seem like the ankle sprain is going to be a lingering issue.  good info oldtimer i appreciate it.  now hopefully ther line can improve.

If everyone was healthy, it would be a totally different line.  Losing their rookie LT was a massive hit.  Losing their Guard right after was bad too.  On the plus side, if his season goes down the tubes, he will drop some if you draft early next year and could be a steal then.  The line will have at least 3 new starters next season, all upgrades over what they have now, and in two positions, the upgrades will be pretty significant.