Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Patriots favored by 22.5 and Cowboys by 21.5

1st time in NFL history 2 teams are favored by 20+ the same weekend

Sad state of affairs for the nfl.

this tanking sh1t is pathetic.

Kind of surprised that Vegas is even putting odds on the Dolphin games...  I mean if it is true that they are tanking (though they won't admit it), Vegas shouldn't bother...

19 minutes ago, posty said:

Kind of surprised that Vegas is even putting odds on the Dolphin games...  I mean if it is true that they are tanking (though they won't admit it), Vegas shouldn't bother...

I guess you can still bet on how bad they will tank on any given week. 

19 minutes ago, posty said:

They haven't covered anything up.  They flat out said that their team wasn't going to win and that they need to go in a different direction.  That they need to acquire more talent.  The best way to do that, is to get draft picks.  The best way to do that is to trade their good players... what few they have.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

1st time in NFL history 2 teams are favored by 20+ the same weekend

Sad state of affairs for the nfl.

this tanking sh1t is pathetic.

Jets aren't tanking.  They just lost their top two QB's.

1 hour ago, posty said:

Vegas puts odds on EVERYTHING.  Why would they give up an opportunity to make money?

The Jets, sadly enough, are not tanking. Or at least that wasn’t their intent up til now. Poor bastards 

43 minutes ago, Strike said:

Jets aren't tanking.  They just lost their top two QB's.

based of you thinking the jets arent tanking,  means its not an issue in the NFL, because no other teams are doing it. Got it.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

In New Jersey, a Dolphins/Jets parlay(both moneyline) will pay off 350 to 1, 100 bucks will win you $35,000.   :banana:

Home team shenanigans 

The Dolphins have had 1 winning season in the last 10 years.......................................we sure they're tanking? :unsure:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

The Dolphins have had 1 winning season in the last 10 years.......................................we sure they're tanking? :unsure:

It's one thing to not win a game in a season.  It's another to not score a point.

How bad are the Cardinals?  Underdogs (+3) at home vs Scam Newton

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

It's one thing to not win a game in a season.  It's another to not score a point.

C'mon... they scored 10 points in Week 1.  🤣

I see the Patriots are starting Marshall Newhouse at tackle. Sheeez. I know Dante is probably the greatest OL coach in history, but if he can get that guy to play I'm going to have to re-evaluate Bellicheck.  

This is good.......and man I find myself agreeing with Skip Bayless a lot nowadays.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:04 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

They haven't covered anything up.  They flat out said that their team wasn't going to win and that they need to go in a different direction.  That they need to acquire more talent.  The best way to do that, is to get draft picks.  The best way to do that is to trade their good players... what few they have.

Now they have the draft picks to get a starting LT and cornerback. 

:unsure: 

I think it would be funny if the Jets accidentally went 0-16 while trying to win and beat out everyone else for that QB the dolphins want.

On 9/19/2019 at 1:46 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I see the Patriots are starting Marshall Newhouse at tackle. Sheeez. I know Dante is probably the greatest OL coach in history, but if he can get that guy to play I'm going to have to re-evaluate Bellicheck.  

It doesn't matter who starts if Brady keeps getting the ball out in 2 seconds.

10 hours ago, MDC said:

... and two other premium picks to add to the team.... oh, and for more years.

14 hours ago, MDC said:

Well, the draft picks would be used to trade up to #1 in the event they don't get the #1 overall pick.  If they can do neither, maybe trade the #1 picks in 2020 for #1 picks in 2021. Although that whole process is brutal on the fans.

6 hours ago, riversco said:

Well, the draft picks would be used to trade up to #1 in the event they don't get the #1 overall pick.  If they can do neither, maybe trade the #1 picks in 2020 for #1 picks in 2021. Although that whole process is brutal on the fans.

Most Dolphins fans I know are happy with it.  Their team was going no where and was full speed ahead in that 'direction'.  At least they know they have a direction and something to look forward too.

10 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

... and two other premium picks to add to the team.... oh, and for more years.

I’m not anti tanking but this isn’t the NBA where one elite player is the difference between making the playoffs and being the worst team in the league. The Dolphins would be in contention for the top pick even with Tunsil and Fitzpatrick. 

I like the Minkah trade because Pittsburgh could end up with a top 10 pick. I like the Tunsil trade less because even ordinary LTs are at a premium. I guess we’ll see how it works out. Miami will need to spend its draft capital well.

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m not anti tanking but this isn’t the NBA where one elite player is the difference between making the playoffs and being the worst team in the league. The Dolphins would be in contention for the top pick even with Tunsil and Fitzpatrick. 

I like the Minkah trade because Pittsburgh could end up with a top 10 pick. I like the Tunsil trade less because even ordinary LTs are at a premium. I guess we’ll see how it works out. Miami will need to spend its draft capital well.

Mason Rudolph is the next great thang

7 hours ago, edjr said:

Mason Rudolph is the next great thang

The Red Nosed one is heating up!!