Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

The "Thank You, Axe Elf!" Thread - Week 2 Edition

bfros said:

PPR league. I'm up against the guy who is starting Goff. Trying to decide which of these are my top 2 WRs for the week:

K.Allen, Thielen, or Cupp. 

Most censensus sites say roll Allen and Thielen. But I'm not sure. I'm tempted to bench Allen and play Thielen and Cupp for two reasons: 1) Allen will be shadowed by Darius Slay and safeties will likely roll to him as well with M.Williams potentially out. And 2) my opponent has Goff. Starting Cupp may offset some of Goffs production if he's productive. 

Axe Elf said:

Thielen is the one you want to bench.

bfros said:

it'd be tough to bench Thielen (the top target for Minn) for Cupp. It's close, but it'd be tough. I think Thielen is a better WR and he's the focus.

Axe Elf said:

If you already know everything, why are you axing us?

bfros said:

I was pushing back to get you all to explain your positions more, rather than just "start Thielen". trying to debate it as a way of thinking it through.  And kindly, a tip in return--explain your position if you want that position to sound credible. I'm curious to know 'why', not just what you'd do. Thanks

Axe Elf said:

Everything I say has automatic credibility due to the fact that I'm Axe Elf.  And you have it backwards; it's BENCH Thielen, not start Thielen.  Because Axe Elf says so.

bfros said:

thanks, super helpful. (eye roll). Every single analyst has Thielen ranked higher than Cupp. They must all be wrong.

Axe Elf said:

It happens frequently.  I'm used to it.

Result:

Allen:  17.8 pts

Kupp:  17.6 pts

Thielen:  12.5 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

bfros said:

hockenson or waller week 2, full ppr

Axe Elf said:

Waller

Result:

Waller:  12.3 pts

Hockenson:  1.7 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

DEEZNUTS said:

Tyrell at home vs KC or Diggs at GB...  Leave a link....

Axe Elf said:

Leave a link?  No way I want someone who can't manage their own FF team taking a shot at managing mine--but start Tyrell anyway.

Result:

Tyrell:  15.6 pts

Diggs:  9.9 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

DEEZNUTS said:

James White or Devin Singletary?

Axe Elf said:

Never get involved in a land war in Asia, don't go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line, and never count on a Patriots' RB--Singletary.

Result:

Singletary:  11.7 pts

White:  8.9 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

FootballT said:

[non-PPR]  I have Gurley, but my gut is telling me I should consider benching him and putting Fournette as my Flex.

Axe Elf said:

Tell your gut to go get a sammich, and start Gurley.

Result:

Gurley:  12.7 pts

Fournette:  8.7 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

FootballT said:

Non PPR - I have Curtis Samuel to start tonight.  Thoughts on replacing with Desean Jackson or Larry Fitzgerald?

Axe Elf said:

I would replace him with either one; Fitzgerald being the safer choice, but Jackson having the higher ceiling.

Result:

Larry Fitzgerald:  10.4 pts

Curtis Samuel:  9.3 pts

DeSean Jackson:  0.0 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

FootballT said:

Non PPR - Jared Cook vs Rams or Austin Hooper vs Eagles?

Axe Elf said:

Ride the top 5 TE all season!  (You know that's Hooper, right?)

Result:

Hooper:  3.4 pts

Cook:  2.5 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

And a special "You're Welcome!" to bfros, DEEZNUTS, and especially FootballT for basically managing their entire teams in Week 2.  Onward to victory with Axe Elf!

Ponyboy said:

Chris Godwin at Panthers or TJ Hockenson home vs Chargers; Who should I roll with?

Axe Elf said:

You pretty much always flex any credible WR over any TE, unless maybe you happen to have two elite TEs like Kelce and Ertz or something.  I don't know that a rookie TE in his 2nd NFL game against a pretty credible defense qualifies as an elite TE just yet.  Parenthetically, Indianapolis TEs caught 2 passes on 5 targets for 28 yards and 0 TDs against the Chargers defense in Week 1.

Result:

Chris Godwin:  26.1 pts

T.J. Hockenson:  1.7 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

Jcleve68 said:

Cam Newton v.s. Tampa Bay (Thursday Night) or Matt Ryan v.s. Eagles (Sunday Night)

Axe Elf said:

Um, did you see what Case Keenum did against the Eagles' pass defense?  You have the #2 QB in the NFL starting against them on Sunday.  What was the question again?

Result:

Matt Ryan:  22.1 pts

Cam Newton:  11.3 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

sitkasportsfan said:

Two QB league, Winston or Allen?  Leaning Allen...

Axe Elf said:

Allen is probly the safer choice.

Result:

Josh Allen:  22.2 pts

Jameis Winston:  13.2 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

FootballFreak said:

Jackson exploded but can he repeat.?  Brady now had AB (hopefully) but will he be in the whole game given the anticipated blowout and they will run the ball with the lead?

Axe Elf said:

Yeah, I don't think Brady is going to need much AB even if he's active, or any other receiver, for that matter.  Jackson has another suspect defense in Arizona, and if Kyler's on point again like he was in the 2nd half last week, there's the potential for a shootout there.  Start Jackson.

Result:

Jackson:  30.9 pts

Brady:  24.7 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

Bills04 said:

I'm currently planning on trying to pick up LAR RB2 M. Brown and WAS RB1 ADP off of the waiver wire.  12-team, PPR league.  M. Brown is worth dropping JAX RB2 Ryquell Armstead for.  I'm not so sure about bidding for WAS RB ADP, and dropping DAL RB2 Pollard..  What say you?

Axe Elf said:

Both are probably slight upgrades at this point.

Result:

Ryquell Armstead:  0 pts

Malcolm Brown:  5.7 pts

Tony Pollard:  3.5 pts

Adrian Peterson:  11.2 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

rocko5961 said:

I have an owner in this league that is hellbent on getting JuJu to hook up with Big Ben. He is offering me Julio straight up for JuJu. I am concerned about ths wrist injury that came up on Julio and wondering if that is why wants to trade Julio. What do you all think?? Another reason he is offering me Julio is I am the owner of Matt Ryan.

Axe Elf said:

The way Juju looked against the Pats, I'd say you should do it in a heartbeat.

Result:

Julio:  22.6 pts

Juju:  8.4 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

ST_Pete said:

.5 ppr, I give up Deshaun Watson, Brandon Cooks. LeVeon Bell... Recieve Juju, Gurley, and Matt Ryan...  What do you guys think?

Axe Elf said:

Yeah, all the guys you're getting have some question marks attached, while the guys you are giving are relatively more stable.  If everything went well, you MIGHT come out a little ahead, but you also open yourself up to a greater chance of disaster--so I think I'd pass.

Result:

Juju is circling the drain.

Thank you, Axe Elf!

FantasyRetard said:

TY had a nice game at the Chargers last week, but this week the Colts are at Tennessee.  His career average at Tennessee is 3 catches for only 55 yards.  He's only scored 1 TD there.  I'm considering starting John Ross, with his 12 targets from last week, at home, against the 49ers.  I think Ross has a significantly higher ceiling.  Thoughts?

Axe Elf said:

I think John Ross probly just had his career game, but with Mixon being out, you're right, Ross' ceiling is probly higher than Hilton's, although his floor is lower.  If you can tolerate the risk of benching Hilton, go for it.

Result:

Ross:  21.2 pts

Hilton:  14.3 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

mdkhsa said:

play josh gordon or john brown? standard scoring

Axe Elf said:

Brown

Result:

Brown:  7.2 pts

Gordon:  1.9 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

fast80 said:

Who would you go with? Dede Westbrook at Houston with a rookie QB or Larry Fitzgerald at Baltimore with a rookie QB. Its my third wideout so not a big thing but I still have not made my mind.

Axe Elf said:

Larry Fitzgerald

Result:

Fitzgerald:  12.9 pts

Westbrook:  0.8 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

Broncol3uster84 said:

Non-ppr WR help; Jeffrey, Gordon, or Fuller

Axe Elf said:

Fuller

Result:

Fuller:  4.0 pts

Gordon:  1.9 pts

Jeffery:  0.0 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

Piper53 said:

Sony Michel or McLaurin for flex?

Axe Elf said:

McLaurin

Result:

McLaurin:  17.2 pts

Michel:  12.5 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

FFer said:

Dallas or Browns D?  Not feeling good about the Dawgs.  Browns look good on paper but worried that Baker will crap the bed again.

Axe Elf said:

Start the Browns and feel better.

Result:

Browns:  13.0 pts

Cowboys:  1.0 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

Æ™

You're in good hands with Axe Elf.

• Haha 2

Thank you AxeElf,

For provide the viewers of this board, the greatest example of self-congratulatory nonsense the world has ever seen!  You truly are a legend... in your own mind.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

FantasyRetard said:

TY had a nice game at the Chargers last week, but this week the Colts are at Tennessee.  His career average at Tennessee is 3 catches for only 55 yards.  He's only scored 1 TD there.  I'm considering starting John Ross, with his 12 targets from last week, at home, against the 49ers.  I think Ross has a significantly higher ceiling.  Thoughts?

Axe Elf said:

I think John Ross probly just had his career game, but with Mixon being out, you're right, Ross' ceiling is probly higher than Hilton's, although his floor is lower.  If you can tolerate the risk of benching Hilton, go for it.

Result:

Ross:  21.2 pts

Hilton:  14.3 pts

Thank you, Axe Elf!

1 hour ago, FantasyRetard said:

Thank you AxeElf,

For provide the viewers of this board, the greatest example of self-congratulatory nonsense the world has ever seen!  You truly are a legend... in your own mind.

You sure have a strange way of showing your gratitude...

22 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

AxeElf, can I rely on your brilliance one more time?  Ross at Buffalo or Montgomery at Washington?  1/2 PPR.  

Thank you, my master.

Are you schizophrenic?  One post you're mocking me, and the next, you're kissing my ring.  It's hard to be taken seriously when one kneels in the streets to be seen praying after coming from the alleys where they do their slaying.

But at least you're not one of those who mocks me on the boards and then begs my assistance in PMs, so I'll bless you one more time.

As much as I don't want to see Montgomery do well (I have a $25 bet with Stonewall that he won't finish as a top 12 RB this season), I think the Monday night matchup against Washington, who have allowed 334 yards rushing so far, is a better bet than the Bengals' matchup with the Bills, who have allowed only 325 yards passing so far.  And lest we forget, if it wasn't for the 66 yard TD to Ross late in their game with San Francisco, he would have finished with just 3 receptions for 46 yards last week.

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Are you schizophrenic?  One post you're mocking me, and the next, you're kissing my ring.  It's hard to be taken seriously when one kneels in the streets to be seen praying after coming from the alleys where they do their slaying.

But at least you're not one of those who mocks me on the boards and then begs my assistance in PMs, so I'll bless you one more time.

As much as I don't want to see Montgomery do well (I have a $25 bet with Stonewall that he won't finish as a top 12 RB this season), I think the Monday night matchup against Washington, who have allowed 334 yards rushing so far, is a better bet than the Bengals' matchup with the Bills, who have allowed only 325 yards passing so far.  And lest we forget, if it wasn't for the 66 yard TD to Ross late in their game with San Francisco, he would have finished with just 3 receptions for 46 yards last week.

No, I'm not schizophrenic.  Fantasy Football is a game.  It's for fun.  So, if I'm mocking you, it's in fun.  If I'm kissing your ring, it's in fun.

Thanks for the advice on Montgomery.  Have fun this weekend.

i'm Pro AxeElf.. i think he is insightful, and gives more than a "yes" or "no" answer..

so - thanks AE, much appreciated.

• Like 1