Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Beatles vs Stones show

My son wants to go for his birthday so we're taking him.  I've never seen a tribute band before.  Not sure what to expect.  I did see Million Dollar Quartet and I liked it, so maybe this will be similar.  

• Like 1

Very fun!  We saw Beatles Love in Vegas a couple of weeks ago.

I prefer the music of the stones, but The Beatles were by far more impactful and influencial on the music world.

• Like 2

Just saw an AC/DC tribute band a couple weeks ago and they were GREAT!! And for $15, I say fock the real bands!!

• Like 1

Tribute bands are great especially if they NATURALLY look and sound like the artists / bands they portray. Otherwise they come across quite cheesy with bad wigs, signature moves, etc. 

• Like 1

Saw a tribute that did a set as the Beatles , then one of the Stones. Both sets were very good.  The lead singer was obviously more into the Stones as he had a solid Mick look.

• Like 1

That looks good.

Have seen a few tribute bands over the years the best being a group called Elton Dan & The Rocket Band.Going in a couple of weeks to see a Queen tribute band called Killer Queen but I'm very skeptical on that one as Queen are one of my personal favorites.I did watch a clip though and the guy playing Brian May is very impressive.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Going in a couple of weeks to see a Queen tribute band called Killer Queen but I'm very skeptical on that one as Queen are one of my personal favorites.I did watch a clip though and the guy playing Brian May is very impressive.

Cool, I'd rather see them than pay Hundreds to see Adam Lambert's Queen Tribute band 😆

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I prefer the music of the stones, but The Beatles were by far more impactful and influencial on the music world.

Agreed.  In my case I think that part of my reason of preferring the Stones at this point is that I played the Beatles SOOO much growing up, whereas I only heard the Stones on the radio.  I think I got burned out on the Beatles somewhat, as has happened with some other bands.  

Also on a related note, I feel like with a Beatles tribute I'd be tunnel vision focused on comparing them to the original, whereas I'd just enjoy the Stones songs.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Cool, I'd rather see them than pay Hundreds to see Adam Lambert's Queen Tribute band 😆

Not a Lambert fan at all,this is part of the clip I watched,didn't want to watch it all in hopes the show surprises me.

• Like 1

Pretty decent show. 

The musicianship was excellent and the vocals were spot on.  My sons had fun and discovered a whole bunch of old music

I wondered if it would be cheesy watching a buncha wannabes do other people’s music but quickly discovered I was looking at it all wrong   

It’s more like watching a really good biopic where the actor(s) really nail it.  (Coal Miner’s Daughter, Ray)

4 out of 5 stars   

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 6:07 PM, Big Guy said:

Just got back from this show,hands down best tribute band I've ever seen.$25 and they played for two hours.The Brian May guitarist even played five minutes of the Brighton Rock solo while the others took a break.The biggest treat for me personally was that they even played '39 from A Night At The Opera and it sounded great.

The original

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 12:20 PM, supermike80 said:

Just saw an AC/DC tribute band a couple weeks ago and they were GREAT!! And for $15, I say fock the real bands!!

I did too, named Shoot To Thrill, what was the name of the band you saw?

18 hours ago, nzoner said:

Just got back from this show,hands down best tribute band I've ever seen.$25 and they played for two hours.The Brian May guitarist even played five minutes of the Brighton Rock solo while the others took a break.The biggest treat for me personally was that they even played '39 from A Night At The Opera and it sounded great.

The original

I love that song, hadn't heard it in forever.  Thanks for posting!  :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, nzoner said:

The original

Nice.......I love both Brighton Rock & '39 :thumbsup:

On 10/5/2019 at 12:31 AM, Gepetto said:

I did too, named Shoot To Thrill, what was the name of the band you saw?

Thunderstruck

My son has decided he’s going to play and sing “ I Saw Her Standing There” at his middle school dance next month.  

Rock on kid!