Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Geeks with young sons ...

Do you kiss your boy on the lips? Not Tom Brady style - shirt on and no tongue. 

:dunno: 

No. My five year old used to want to when he was younger but I gently nudged him away from it. I don’t think it’s a huge deal though, seems like it might do more harm than good to totally freak out over it 

A side note but something I still find odd is that my now deceased grandmother (dads mom) used to slide her hand down our pants when we were kids and pat us on our bare ass to greet us.  The fock is up with that?

• Haha 1

depends...are you the "dad" in your domestic partnership?

and also are you wearing mascara when you do it?

progress sure is confusing

• Haha 2

No.  I didn't kiss my daughters on the lips either.  Lip kissing is for a romantic relationship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

No.  I didn't kiss my daughters on the lips either.  Lip kissing is for a romantic relationship.

Even when they were young?  I kissed my daughter on her lips when she was a kid.  Not always but I did.

Never did.  Forehead or cheek was all.  I probably haven't kissed them on the cheek since they were 7 or 8 max.  I have recently hugged them (although that is still rare) and I still find it funny that my teenagers still say "Love you" before they go to bed.  

• Like 1

Absolutely. And I will continue to do so until he won't let me. Fock anyone who judges me for it. I will meet your asss at the flagpole at 3. I have a finite amount of time where my kid is going to be a kid and this is going to be accepted by him. I will take it till the end. He is 5 btw

Just now, fandandy said:

Even when they were young?  I kissed my daughter on her lips when she was a kid.  Not always but I did.

My youngest is 18 so it was a long time ago, but I don't recall doing it.  Doesn't seem right today so I don't know why I would have felt differently 15+ years ago.  I guess it's OK with girls.

I can also count in my thumbs the number of times we let any of the kids sleep in our bed, which I'm reminded of from Kilroy's post above.  :dunno: 

No, I don't kiss my nephews on the lips.

16 minutes ago, fandandy said:

A side note but something I still find odd is that my now deceased grandmother (dads mom) used to slide her hand down our pants when we were kids and pat us on our bare ass to greet us.  The fock is up with that?

:lol: :shocking: 

24 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Jerry, you did the right thing.  Those lips aren't appropriate to kiss.  Did you kiss the lips on their face?

14 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Jerry, you did the right thing.  Those lips aren't appropriate to kiss.  Did you kiss the lips on their face?

Eww... 🤮

41 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This. 

43 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don’t know, I pat em on the butt when they’re young. Is that romantic? I snuggle em, is that romantic? I mean I see what you’re saying and tend to agree, but I’m not sure it’s so black and white 

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t know, I pat em on the butt when they’re young. Is that romantic? I snuggle em, is that romantic? I mean I see what you’re saying and tend to agree, but I’m not sure it’s so black and white 

Oh, it's definitely a gray area.  I'm not judging people who kiss their young kids on the lips.  Well, maybe a dad and his son a little...  I still hug my daughters and kiss them on the cheek.  My son is 23 and currently we do an awkward shake/brohug.  I should ask him how he would like to greet.  :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Oh, it's definitely a gray area.  I'm not judging people who kiss their young kids on the lips.  Well, maybe a dad and his son a little...  I still hug my daughters and kiss them on the cheek.  My son is 23 and currently we do an awkward shake/brohug.  I should ask him how he would like to greet.  :thumbsup:

What would you do if he said a kiss on the lips?

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I always include that question when getting updates on their preferred pronoun :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I always include that question when getting updates on their preferred pronoun :thumbsup:

We're both engineers and pretty unemotional, which perhaps helps to explain why I'm not into the lip kissing thing.  :dunno:

Do cousins count?

I did until my kid was about 5... he's 8 now and gets a kiss on the forehead or top of his head which I'll do as long as he lets me.

Daughter is now 13. Never lips. When she was young nose, forehead, cheek.

now forehead and cheek

• Like 1

Forehead or cheek when my boy and girl were young. Son is 24 now, bro hugs and slaps on the back. Daughter is 20 , cheek. I do however kiss her boyfriend right on the mouth when he comes in for a bro hug though.:dunno: :banana:

Im sure I kissed my son on the lips as a toddler but cant remember last time I did. Hes 11 now and usually gets a hug and kiss on top of head when I leave in morning and bedtime. 

Daughters are 14.  Still a few hugs and kiss on top of head.  

I have two sons, 3 and 5 and of course I dont. Thats super creepy. 

Kilroy...why? Like why not just on top of the head or the cheek?

Why make it all weird?

I don't remember specifically, but I think I occasionally kissed my sons on the lips until they were maybe 2 or 3. My daughters, maybe 5 or 6. It never reached a point where anyone thought it was weird, it just naturally stopped and became exclusively cheek or forehead.

I'll never forget when my first one was born. My sister in law came in with her 5 year old daughter who had an oozing cold sore on her lips. She was holding my day old son and kissed him on the lips. I was pissed. My SIL is like "Oh, isn't that sweet?" Yeah, that's sweet...nothing like a little herpes simplex to start off your life with, you numb kunt.

• Sad 1

I don't kiss any of my children on the lips.

1 hour ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I have two sons, 3 and 5 and of course I dont. Thats super creepy. 

Kilroy...why? Like why not just on top of the head or the cheek?

Why make it all weird?

I don't feel like its weird and neither does he. If he starts going for my cheek I am ok. But for now when I go to leave he kisses me on the lips. Like i said. I will do it till he doesn't want to. Its not like im giving him a french kiss and I don't give a crap if you guys think its weird. You are making it out to be when its not. Hes 5. I doubt he will even be doing it in a year. Till then. I don't care. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

I don't feel like its weird and neither does he. If he starts going for my cheek I am ok. But for now when I go to leave he kisses me on the lips. Like i said. I will do it till he doesn't want to. Its not like im giving him a french kiss and I don't give a crap if you guys think its weird. You are making it out to be when its not. Hes 5. I doubt he will even be doing it in a year. Till then. I don't care. 

Im just giving you a hard time, man. Its weird to me but whatever, my brother in law who is a 25 year Marine did the same. Everyone thought it was cool he showed a softer side.

5 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Forehead or cheek when my boy and girl were young. Son is 24 now, bro hugs and slaps on the back. Daughter is 20 , cheek. I do however kiss her boyfriend right on the mouth when he comes in for a bro hug though.:dunno: :banana:

Probably catch the whiff of her junk on his breath one of these days. 

20 hours ago, MDC said:

Do you kiss your boy on the lips? Not Tom Brady style - shirt on and no tongue. 

:dunno: 

Is anyone shocked MDCuck supports and defends pedos. :(

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Is anyone shocked MDCuck supports and defends pedos. :(

Take a thread off, Corn Pop.